Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am into weeks 7 on Differin. Also, week 12 of Tetralysal and starting my first week using a Salylic acid toner.

My skin is SO bad at the moment. I have red papules, small pustules and these awful red spots that seem to spread into double heads (no pus). Not to mention the general bumps and congestion. I am sure that the IB has a lot to do with it but I could really use some encouragement.

On a plus side, my skin is becoming incredibly soft and in the few non-congested areas I have, quite smooth. I'm not sure if this is a sign that things are beginning to work?

Not sure how I am going to get through this. I feel so ugly.

I am at the beginning of week 10, and have been seeing improvement starting from week 8. Don't give up now ! Each skin is different but I think that if you break out from the differin, it means that it's working. I had really ugly skin from week 3 to 8. Be sure not to put too much product, as it only increases redness.

Thanks Erimyst, that's what I needed to hear! It's strange, but I am not experiencing any redness and hardly any flaking. I'm wondering if that might mean that the Differin is not that effective for me? I had really wanted to try Differin 0.3 but it's not available in the UK.

I had thought that all the white congestion bumps might be smoothing out a bit by now - but that's not the case, new ones still seem to be popping up.

The area underneath my eyes/top of my cheekbones has become ridiculously smooth and my skin has a glowing feel about it generally (obviously I don't LOOK glowing right now - quite the opposite). I am SO hoping that this is a good sign.

Well I don't want to give you false hope, but I didn't experience any flakiness and only a bit of redness. Improvement will be quick once it will come, at least that's how it went for me. I also have a few areas where I don't breakout and where my skin looks fine.

Well I don't want to give you false hope, but I didn't experience any flakiness and only a bit of redness. Improvement will be quick once it will come, at least that's how it went for me. I also have a few areas where I don't breakout and where my skin looks fine.

Hi guys,

I don't suppose you are using anything in conjunction with Differin? I'm on day 6, I think I have like 3 new spots. Quite big actually. Thing is, should I pull out right now and wait? I have a festival in 3 weeks so if that's going to be my initial breakout I'll pull out for now. But I've been using duac for about 2 months and still am, now both morning and evening, and Lymecycline.

Do you think I will still break out?

Hi guys,

I don't suppose you are using anything in conjunction with Differin? I'm on day 6, I think I have like 3 new spots. Quite big actually. Thing is, should I pull out right now and wait? I have a festival in 3 weeks so if that's going to be my initial breakout I'll pull out for now. But I've been using duac for about 2 months and still am, now both morning and evening, and Lymecycline.

Do you think I will still break out?

Maybe wait until the festival is over? I suppose it depends on the state of your skin now!

See below for list of other products I'm using. I am really hoping that the salicylic acid will help, but who knows. For the moment, skin not great - loads of congestion.

I am also taking Doxycycline 100mg daily, but the initial breakout was still horrible.

I never used Duac before, but I was on BP for about 9 months before I started Differin, and I think these two products are somewhat similar, so I would recommend, like Roisin75, waiting after the festival to resume Differin treatment.

My acne before I took differin was hardly visible (lot of small bumps under the skin) but mostly not inflammed, and what Differin did is take them all out, so I think that if you have the same type of skin, you're more likely to breakout like crazy.

So if this festival is really important to you, I suggest stopping Differin for now. But again, not everyone breakout from Differin, there are plenty of people on this board who had only mild breakouts or no breakouts at all.