Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
flower_child

How do you get through the rough times whilst on diffrerin??

Ok so my skin has gotten soo bad now that im on differin (30 days) that 2 of my coworkers mentioned about my skin. One said "are you taking anything for your skin? it's gotten really bad!!" and later on another one says "Your skins gotten really bad, you should go see a dermatologist" and i just wanted to put a bag over my face and walk around like that the rest of the day :ninja: Any tips about how to get through this? I''ve been going through this "initial breakout" for 3 and a 1/2 weeks now and i hear it can last 3 months!! :wall:

Ok so my skin has gotten soo bad now that im on differin (30 days) that 2 of my coworkers mentioned about my skin. One said "are you taking anything for your skin? it's gotten really bad!!" and later on another one says "Your skins gotten really bad, you should go see a dermatologist" and i just wanted to put a bag over my face and walk around like that the rest of the day :ninja: Any tips about how to get through this? I''ve been going through this "initial breakout" for 3 and a 1/2 weeks now and i hear it can last 3 months!! :wall:

maybe you can ask your GP to put you on an oral antibiotic. this combination is common.

im on differin now. i started a few days ago. i was hesitant on starting it because i didnt wan't the IB. the way i look at it is this ... all the crap you cant see under your skin is going to show up regardless of what you use...differin just brings it out all at once and then clears it up. id rather get it over with this summer then have to deal with everything for the next year.

your going to be fine..just be patient.

I'm right there with ya. I'm on differin (oral antibiotic) and the same differin, and I'm at 4 weeks on it right now and just had a big outbreak, I mean bigger than I've probably ever had in my life. It took about a week, and then it went away. I mean I'm still breaking out a little, like I normally do, but the bad breakout was only a week. Yours should probably be about the same. Just hang in there.

First month is always rough, I bet the second one will be much better. Hold on in there. :)