Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dman711

facial marks after acne

Hey everyone, I am really struggling with post acne marks on my face. At least i think they are from the acne. Bout 4 years ago i had real bad acne and was put on accutane. That was about 2 years ago, and Iv'e been off it now for a year and half or so. The accutane really helped in my pimples going away but now i have redness/purpleness all around the areas which had the acne. Also i have redness on nose and real small red dots. what is this condition and what are best treatments? Could this be from demodex mites? Iv'e included pictures so could see but they don't come out right. My camera suks and it looks like my skin is better than what it really is. Weird but you have to tilt your screen frontwards in order to see the affected red areas better. Any help... post-148843-1306709793_thumb.jpg

post-148843-1306709793_thumb.jpg

The "demodex mites" is a load of crap.

and I can't really see anything on your skin...at all...I wish my purple marks looked like that :think:

Anyways if you do have red marks, you could try washing your face with honey, putting on a aloe vera mask, BHA/AHA, ACV.

Edited by Ivy.

yeah i see what you mean by tilting the screen, i have the exact same thing but worse. Ive been off accutane for a month and am left with this horrible redness/ blotchiness and uneven skintone. I'm using eucerin redness relief night cream but haven't had it long enough to decide if its working or not.

I would recommend both alpha hydroxy acid and lactic acid to even out your complexion and restore the radiance to your face. During my final months of Accutane and after finishing it up, my complexion was pretty much lifeless and uneven. The pigmentation was very noticeable. I use Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar and Milk (not mixed together, but separately) to help even out my skin and to encourage exfoliation. More exfoliation means that the marks will fade away more quickly. This can take awhile but I noticed a big difference in about 3 months. I will be uploading pictures to the Photobucket album that contains all my Accutane progress pictures. You can find the link to the album in my Accutane thread listed in my signature. I plan on uploading more pictures showing my even skin tone.

hey thanx for the replies.. what is BHA and AHA? and how do you apply it? how do you apply the ACV? also does 2.5 BP help lightin PIH or does it only work for acne and makes PIH worse?