Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

so i asked my doctor about accutane

Guest Timehealsall

Since i have a seb derm problem, acne problem, large pore problem, i asked my derm about accutane.. and this is exactly what he said:

"Let's see what happens with the doxycycline, stopping some of the topicals and being more aggressive about cleaning your face off"

He means stopping the Benzoyl peroxide because it dries my face a lot even if i use moisturizer, and i always have a shit load of dead skin on my face, so thats where the cleaning your face part comes in.

I have already tried doxy for 6 months, and although i didnt breakout that much whilst on it, i still want to try accutane.

What should i tell him

I told my derm I was concerned about antibiotic resistance. Actually my derm offered to put me on accutane before trying antibiotics, but I wasn't ready yet. But I have had an infection which was resistant to multiple types of antibiotics. That becomes scary. The doctor had told me there was basically only one antibiotic left which that infection wasn't resistant to. I did well on antibiotics, but decided it wasn't a long term solution (I couldn't stay clear when I went off them and relied on topicals).

I *really* doubt your doctor would or should give you accutane.

1. I'v seen your pictures several times, and from what I could see you had *NO* acne what so ever.

2.Accutane will not fix the flaws you apparently see with "wavy" skin.

3. You're obsessive compulsive with your skin when it comes to posting on these boards. You currently have 5 topics in the "new post" link and over the last 3 weeks I have seen you on here with countless threads asking various questions and or seeking people out to critique the current state of your skin that you seem to think is there.

4. Even if you go on accutane - You will still be unhappy with your skin because you seem to be delusional with apparent flaws that NO ONE BUT YOU seems to see.

Not trying to be a bitch or anything - But, afew months ago I became obsessive compulsive with my skin and ended up being hospitalized and put on a low dose of anti-psychotic and antidepressant.

You have worked yourself up into a giant frenzy over your skin and if you don't stop worrying about it you're not going to come back to reality -.-

from your pictures you look like a handsome, clean cut man - and it is a shame you think so badly of your skin. I WISH I had the skin you have instead of having a bunch of stupid purple marks on my cheeks and a forehead full of a bazillion little pimples everywhere.

Guest Timehealsall

1. I'v seen your pictures several times, and from what I could see you had *NO* acne what so ever.

3. You're obsessive compulsive with your skin when it comes to posting on these boards. You currently have 5 topics in the "new post" link and over the last 3 weeks I have seen you on here with countless threads asking various questions and or seeking people out to critique the current state of your skin that you seem to think is there.

4. Even if you go on accutane - You will still be unhappy with your skin because you seem to be delusional with apparent flaws that NO ONE BUT YOU seems to see.

Not trying to be a bitch or anything - But, afew months ago I became obsessive compulsive with my skin and ended up being hospitalized and put on a low dose of anti-psychotic and antidepressant.

You have worked yourself up into a giant frenzy over your skin and if you don't stop worrying about it you're not going to come back to reality -.-

from your pictures you look like a handsome, clean cut man - and it is a shame you think so badly of your skin. I WISH I had the skin you have instead of having a bunch of stupid purple marks on my cheeks and a forehead full of a bazillion little pimples everywhere.

hi ivy, i can take photos of myself right now and show you the bajillion pimples i have. I have a 6-7 pimples on each cheek (beard area as well) and 2-4 on my forehead.

Like i said, i can take a photo right now

hi ivy, i can take photos of myself right now and show you the bajillion pimples i have. I have a 6-7 pimples on each cheek (beard area as well) and 2-4 on my forehead.

Like i said, i can take a photo right now

I dont think you've ever posted a picture of a single pimple on your face...iv seen like 8 pictures of you at various times and you're always talking about these scars on your face that no one can see :snooty: