Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cocobo

the Regimen & Rosacea?

Rosacea and cystic acne w/ the Regimen  

2 members have voted

1. 1. How is rosacea affected by the Regimen?

• It helps
    • It makes it worse
    • It doesn't really seem to make a difference
  2. 2. How is cystic acne affected by the Regimen?

• It helps
    • It makes it worse
    • It doesn't really seem to make a difference
  3. 3. Would you suggest the Regimen to someone with both?

• Yes
    • No

My mother has had rosacea and severe acne since she was in her tween/teen years, and she's now in her late 30s. I'm extremely hopeful about the Regimen for my acne, which is nowhere near as severe as hers (she suffers from chronically cystic acne, I have never seen her with anything else). Does the Regimen help with Rosacea? I understand there's probably no miracle cure, and it probably will not help with the redness.. It may make it worse.. But I still want answers from the acne.org community. If I can share the goodness with her (after showing her my skin once it's cured), then I want to. Her acne is very emotionally damaging to her, and while she is a beautiful woman, she never feels like it because she feels like everyone always focuses on her rosacea and acne.

What do you think? Vote or reply.

Edited by Cocobo

Not to make you feel down, but for me, it was what triggered my red skin. After "damaging" my (really) sensetive skin with the regimen, i can get flushed from exercise, cold/warm weather, alcohol and sometimes just randomly. Accutane was what helped me (A LOT!), and I am very greatful and I thank god for that. My red skin isn't cured, but instead of trying to get rid of it, I am going to a shrink to learn to tolerate negative comments from both myself and others. Your mother should see one too!

I wish you and your mother all the best. And remember: The regimen might work very well for your skin type. If it is one thing I have learned from browsing these forums for years now, it is that there are different things that work for different people. Find your miracle cure. It will be a long and complex journey, but when you start getting there and finding out what causes your acne, and what keeps it under control, you will be a very happy person!

Good luck friend :)