Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
13owman

Post Accutane Picture Log

I'm creating a different kind of log. After accutane I experienced the typical side effects, and none have gone away. This is my new skin. My face breaks out still... just not as bad. Why isn't it as bad? It's because accutane PERMANENTLY changes your skin. Heres some pics: Every few months i'll try and add more for comparison: post tane pic/side effect.

Pre tane: Only health "problem" acne. No skin dryness... very goood complexion, no redness ect. Tanned easily. I was a healthy teen, only had acne.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/13o...pg?t=1306531998

After tane: Side effects: Bloody noses on a regular basis, extremely dry lips/skin, facial redness/flushing. Can't shower with mild water without flaking/dry skin. Extremely dry hands, overall skin sensitivity. Clear skin though..

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/13o...pg?t=1306532092

2 1/2 years later: No more bloody noses, less facial flushing. Still extremely dry. I still get acne.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/13o...pg?t=1306532204

Shit i have to work... lol. Will continue later! And I didn't get time to edit/revise so don't flame ;)

your acne didn't look very extreme like i pictured some peoples acne has to be to get on that drug...was it hard getting a perscription for it?

My acne, i'd imagine is to 'mild' to get on accutane...but i wish i could just take it to get rid of the damn cystic acne thats taking over my right cheek -.-

Tbh honest I can't really tell the difference between the last two photos. Nice skin, extremely mild if any acne. Basically nice looking skin.

What was your cumulative dosage at the end of your course, i.e how many mgs/kilo?

Edited by zmy

Off topic, but you have really nice eyes and eyebrows! :)

And nice skin, too. I would never categorize you as having skin problems on that last picture. On the contrary, your skin looks overall healthy to me.

your acne didn't look very extreme like i pictured some peoples acne has to be to get on that drug...was it hard getting a perscription for it?

My acne, i'd imagine is to 'mild' to get on accutane...but i wish i could just take it to get rid of the damn cystic acne thats taking over my right cheek -.-

It was a lot worse than it looked in the photo :S I couldn't smile without feeling like a pimple was going to pop :S it was nasty. Always bleeding. My doctor prescribed it like it was candy.. lol. Don't take it if you don't have to. I really regret it.

Tbh honest I can't really tell the difference between the last two photos. Nice skin, extremely mild if any acne. Basically nice looking skin.

What was your cumulative dosage at the end of your course, i.e how many mgs/kilo?

I was on 40mg a day and I weighed about 135-140 ish at the time, and the course lasted pretty darn close to 5 months, if not a week or two longer.

Haha, you really got my point across with what i was going to say before I went to work. My skin feels/looks the same as when i ended accutane (except new pimples). Stupid redness/flushing never goes away :(.

Ohhhh and tonight... I was serving a customer and my nose just randomly started bleeding like it did while I was on accutane. It had been sooooo long since I had one of those nose bleeds too :(

Off topic, but you have really nice eyes and eyebrows! :)

And nice skin, too. I would never categorize you as having skin problems on that last picture. On the contrary, your skin looks overall healthy to me.

Thanks! lol. I breakout with a new zit on a daily basis though, and my skin is still flakey/dry. I really think photos hide too much :P Or I could just be too self concious. Either way, thanks! lol.