Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello, i have had an oily complexion for some time now, it gets really annoying. I started to get it at 14 and now nearing 20 it is still present.

I thought this was a phase that i was going through and i would eventually grow out of this stage, did i have false hope or will it decrease with age?

Will this go away and when??

I dont have bad acne on my face just mild, and it seems like when i dont wash my face when i wake up and let the oil on my face build up for a few hours, i break out. WHen i wash my face as soon as i wake up it seems like it prevents breakouts or at leasts minimizes it.

Does this make sense or am i being over paranoid? Can just oily buildup on the skin cause breakouts?

Don't assume that you are just around the corner from growing out of it. Some people have oily skin and acne into their forties. Plan for the worst and hope for the best.

From my experience it is best not to try to "out wash" the oil. It is better to hold the washing to the minimum (and gentlest) you can tolerate and fight the bacteria with BP.