Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
now.or.never

My Journey so Far. (BEFORE AFTER PICS)

Hey guys, it's time I did another update post I think :P

You can find my previous post (and pics) HERE

And here are my most recent pics, taken today. My left side is still kinda problematic, although it has improved immensely. The right side, however, is almost scar-free. I had to tilt my webcam in a very uncomfortable position just to catch the little bit of the indent.

However, although the scarred area is no longer indented, it is still a bit redder/darker in color. I put a bit of tinted sunscreen and it becomes unnoticeable. I know, it is technically a foundation with SPF, but since I'm a guy I like to think of it as sunscreen. xD haha.

Overall improvement? 70%-80%. I know I have used different cameras and lighting angles, so it can be a bit difficult to judge according to the photos. But 70%-80% is what I feel has really happened.

post-91154-1306385422_thumb.jpg

post-91154-1306385431_thumb.jpg

post-91154-1306385443_thumb.jpg

post-91154-1306385453_thumb.jpg

post-91154-1306385422_thumb.jpg

post-91154-1306385431_thumb.jpg

post-91154-1306385443_thumb.jpg

post-91154-1306385453_thumb.jpg

Your skin looks really nice. Especially the right side. Totally jealous of you right now! Congrats! :)

And people say dermastamping is a waste of time... :snooty:

Thanks joe! I guess I come across as positive because the the confidence boost I got over the improvement. I'm 19 right now, so I guess I won't have this to worry about my whole life after all.

YES NOW or NEVER!!! Thank you finally someone that thinks positively and is given results and expects it... i know most people feel down when they see their scars and are down in the dumps constantly, but you have to act in order to improve and get rid of them, or atleast until they aren't visible. Keep on being positive and be that wave of hope so that everyone else can follow! woohoo!

Let me be the first to say thank you. Dermastamping never showed any results for me, but after dermastamping with your method, ive began to notice small improvements. Ive been stamping super hard with a 2.0mm derma stamp every 2 weeks.

Thank you again man :clap:

Hey guys, I did the restylane injections about a week ago.

WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE. There were lumpiness and redness for a few days, but now that they're gone, it is evident that my skin has leveled 80-90%. My right side is pretty much perfect, and my left side is very much improved.

HOWEVER... turns out that the indents were only half the issue. A large part of the reason why my scarring was so noticeable was because they were hyperpigmented. I've always suspected this, but I didn't realize how much it mattered until I got smooth, level, but evidently darkened patches of skin. I'm not exactly sure how to deal with this hyperpigmentation -- it does not seem to be the type that just disappears after a few months. Rather, it might have to do with the skin being attached to the scar tissue underneath. Nevertheless, I'm using hydroquinone right now (a bleaching cream) and seeing how it's going to turn out.

I have heard many times that the v-beam laser is a great way to treat redness leftover without much downtime and that this treatment actually produces results

I have had restylane injections before and their weren't nothing for me to get crazy over. Plus, the fact that they are a short term solution AND the fact that they don't work well on the forehead -- they just pour right out.

However, I am sure you would benefit from silicone injections. They are a permanent solution too! If you are interested, only get it from a doctor that is experienced with it and performs the microdroplet method and uses the best silicone. You go for at least two sessions, the doctor will inject microdroplets of silicone in the areas. Then you take a break for a couple of weeks then come back to see where else the droplets of silicone need to be placed.

Its super safe if you use the medical grade silicone and lasts a lifetime. The other benefit is that you can still do other treatments (E.g. Laser, chemical peel, etc).

I have had restylane injections before and their weren't nothing for me to get crazy over. Plus, the fact that they are a short term solution AND the fact that they don't work well on the forehead -- they just pour right out.

However, I am sure you would benefit from silicone injections. They are a permanent solution too! If you are interested, only get it from a doctor that is experienced with it and performs the microdroplet method and uses the best silicone. You go for at least two sessions, the doctor will inject microdroplets of silicone in the areas. Then you take a break for a couple of weeks then come back to see where else the droplets of silicone need to be placed.

Its super safe if you use the medical grade silicone and lasts a lifetime. The other benefit is that you can still do other treatments (E.g. Laser, chemical peel, etc).

Hi mc21,

I actually did look into microdroplet silicone injections. The problem is that there are only a few world-renowned injectors of them. And if you want to get it done, you almost HAVE to get it done by the most trusted doc in the field. Right now I can't travel since I'm a poor 19 year old college student.

The restylane is holding up very well. It has some pros to it:

-- if you screw up, it can go away after a while

-- it is going to permanent after a while because it instigates collagen production

-- not that expensive. I basically get free treatments until that $500 tube of restylane is all used up.

I agree. Ive had just one injection from an experienced doctor versus 7 from an inexperienced doctor and it makes a WORLD of difference. This is a tough procedure to do correctly. I know firsthand from expereince, and my doctor's father was trained by the original Dr Orentreich. But, when done right, it really is a miracle. I'm feeling so much better now. The improvement is holding. I can't wait for round 2 on the 25th because my forehead is REALLY bad and my left cheek still needs a couple more to eliminate the shadowing, which is still there, but FAR LESS noticeable. Again, here's crossing my fingers that it holds.

BTW, my doctor empited one CC on 5 scars on my left cheek, 2 on my right and a few on my temples. I need more than one cc for all of my scarring because I have so much.

Edited by ylem

Hey guys, it's time I did another update post I think :P

You can find my previous post (and pics) HERE

And here are my most recent pics, taken today. My left side is still kinda problematic, although it has improved immensely. The right side, however, is almost scar-free. I had to tilt my webcam in a very uncomfortable position just to catch the little bit of the indent.

However, although the scarred area is no longer indented, it is still a bit redder/darker in color. I put a bit of tinted sunscreen and it becomes unnoticeable. I know, it is technically a foundation with SPF, but since I'm a guy I like to think of it as sunscreen. xD haha.

Overall improvement? 70%-80%. I know I have used different cameras and lighting angles, so it can be a bit difficult to judge according to the photos. But 70%-80% is what I feel has really happened.

Amazing!!! I'm so happy for you.

hi, now.or.never,

I noticed in the other thread that you said you used dermastamping, and subscion, and you live in Toronto. Do you have anyone to recommend in Toronto that can perform those procedures?

I also live in Toronto and I have scars similar to yours.

Thanks!