Oily skin better af...

Notifications
Clear all

Oily skin better after sleeping?

MemberMember
(@helpchicken)

Posted : 05/25/2011 9:30 am

Hey guys I've had oily skin for close to 3 months now, and yeah i must admit its a pain, but there is just something i've noticed; whenever I wake up from around a 7 hour sleep, my oil production is really low, my face is still a little shiny but my nose looks pretty good, and its super oily usually. However, when I wash my face and wait 7 hours during the day, my face starts to look much oilier and my nose is super oily at this point. So, I guess my question is, why is my oil production lower when I'm asleep? do you guys or gals experience this as well? just looking for some info, thanks

MemberMember
(@jarchi)

Posted : 05/25/2011 2:57 pm

Thi happens to me, too!! Maybe the oil rubs onto the pillow? Idk

MemberMember
(@skribby)

Posted : 05/26/2011 2:31 am

Same! I noticed my face looks matte after a nap as well. But then it could just be that the oil rubs into the pillow. I really don't know..

MemberMember
(@helpchicken)

Posted : 05/26/2011 8:16 am

yeah i do not understand, and i dont think the pillow thing is the reason, i sleep on my back most of the time I sleep haha

MemberMember
(@mastershadow)

Posted : 05/27/2011 8:39 am

Oil rubs on to the pillow, the side of my face will be relatively matte but under my eyes and around my nose will be just as oily.

MemberMember
(@oil-king)

Posted : 05/29/2011 3:42 pm

Hormones, body temperature, cortisol etc. change from the time you wake up until you go to bed. Cortisol is a stress chemical that is at its lowest upon waking and highest before going to bed. This chemical is a cause of oily skin the higher it gets, so that could have something to do with it.

MemberMember
(@smichelle)

Posted : 08/04/2015 6:16 pm

mine too!!!! any particular reason you guys have come up with?

MemberMember
(@gman2)

Posted : 10/20/2015 7:29 pm

I have extremely oily skin. Like I can feel how oily it is (So annoying) and can rub the back of my hand on my forehead and see how oily it is (Ugh). I trained myself to sleep on my back facing up and have noticed I still have no oil when I wake up, so it can't be a pillow. Started accutane 3 days ago so hopefully this will resolve the issue sooner than later. It seemed like nothing I tried was ever a permanent fix to the oiliness. However my skin gets a lot better in the summer and way worse in the winter. I think this is because the dry weather causes my skin to produce more oil, so i think moisturizer can help. I usually let my face dry for a minute or two after a shower and then lather on the moisturizer and pat it dry with a towel, seems like the only thing that ever made a slight difference for me.

MemberMember
(@jones4545)

Posted : 12/02/2015 5:35 pm

Its because of your pillow.

MemberMember
(@ben100604)

Posted : 12/13/2015 5:51 pm

I've always noticed this as well. My skin looks great when I wake up as a result!

Re: the pillow thing - I only sleep on one side of my face, but it's matte all over. Even if I flip over for an hour or two that's still plenty of time for my oil to form on the non-pillow side.