Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Paul86

Paul's Minocycline / Accutane Journal

hey Paul,

well, I have also been on 'tane for the same time (I started on Christmas Eve)...and just wanted to say ...hang in there. I have all the usual side-effects - I look flushed, my eyes are dry (and a bit red, quite often), my lips are sore (more red, and sore than peeling...), and I guess I am a little depressed too....but hey, it will all be worth it in the end.

just wanted to say hey, and let you know that i am there ...at the same stage of treatment as you...and soon we will have much improved skin !

can't wait for that.

take care of yourself,

Lucy

(snowwhite)

Surgery went well.

Hi Lucy. I remember commenting in your journal.

Just realise that if you're getting really depressed, that's not good. I had a bit of redness in one of my eyes. I think that's gone now.

If you're not using Aquaphor, get some! It's great!

You take care, too smile.gif

Hey Paul, Just reading about your haircut.. I have been putting off getting one for quite a long time.. I think the last time I got one was before I went on accutane. I didn't want the lady who cuts my hair to see the zits on my neck.. But for now it is better. I hope I don't get the razor burn like you did. wink.gif

Anywho, good luck on the rest of your treatment biggrin.gif

By the way, I also get headaches on occasion, Excedrin and rest normally takes them away for a while. I have heard that this is normal. I also got really bad headaches the first couple days of treatment, actually it was more like one long headache. wink.gif

You should just get one, Keeger. You'll feel a lot better after. I always do.

Good luck with the rest of your treatment, too. It won't be long til you're done!

Well, I really had to get the hair cut because today was grad photos! I think they'll turn out good. The lighting seemed to be okay. Not too bright.

But before that I had a derm appointment. It was pretty short. He said my skin was healing really well. He also asked me if I was getting depressed. (No, not really) Seems like my course will be ending after four months, at the end of April, as far as he knows. And oh yeah, my last appointment with him will be towards the end of March as he will be away in April. I was also really surprised I got in so early. Last time I had to wait an hour. confused.gif

Since I hadn't eaten anything this morning, I got my blood test done at the lab. That also went very quick, as no one else was there. In and out. wink.gif

Well, I've gotta get going!

Hiya Paul,

Just checking how you're doing...we started roughly the same time (day 54 for me)

How are the headaches?? I think that may be connected to you not drinking enough water?!? But then again what do I know? It's easier said than done when you've got a can of coke in the fridge winking at you;) I started off drinking 4 pints a day but I'm really struggling now....probably only manage 2 on a good day.

I know what you mean about putting off a hair cut...same here, I have a HUGE cyst on my chin so I'm waiting till it dies. redface.gif

Anyway take care...got my fingers crossed for you!

Kx

Today is day 56 for me. I can't believe it. The time has just flied!

Haven't had a headache since, except for the time I drank a little wine. Got a HUGE headache from that.

Thanks

Well, I've been feeling pretty down lately, and have all the symptoms of depression like I did before. I've been thinking of getting off of accutane, but I know this is like my last resort, so I just keep taking it. Don't worry though. If I ever have thoughts of suicide, I'll get off right away.

I have a cyst that's come to the surface. It's weird, cause I haven't had one in a long time.

I guess I'll post pictures soon. It's been 2 months now.

I stopped taking the accutane for a few days, but I got a cyst on my left cheek, so I got back on it. I'm feeling okay right now.

I've updated my gallery.

I think I'm going to lower my dose and take a 40 one day and a 10 the next, alternating. This depression just keeps getting worse.

Hey Paul, good luck with accutane, I think it's really dumb how long you have to wait to get an appointment with a derm.. when there's something wrong with your skin, whether it's a bad acne breakout, some sort of uncontrollable swelling, discoloration, infection, or rash, w/e you need help THEN not 3 months from then! my uncle recently had bad swelling in his ankle, he had to wait 2 months to even see the derm about it. Not even 2 weeks later he had to go to the emergency room for it...

so yea just wanted to say hey, and I hope you feel better since your down right now sad.gif

Well, I had an appointment with my derm. yesterday and when I told him about the depression, he thought it would be best to get off of the Accutane. I told him I was breaking out so he gave me a prescription for Septra. I don't really see many people on this board who have used it. I'm hoping it will help.

This is starting to become a journal of many treatments lol.gif Maybe the title could be edited or something.

Hey Mike. It's good to see you're still around. Hope everything is well with you.

just a question: how do you know that it's accutane that made you depressed? I mean everyone is depressed because of acne, so what's the difference? How can you tell what's causing it?

I was feeling depressed almost all the time. It could have just been psychological. But it doesn't matter cause I feel better now, and that's what matters.

hi Paul

how are you doing? any updates?

i have my derm appointment on friday and i'm scared i wont get what i want (tane) doubt.gif

~Amy

hey Paul! as the above said.. how have you been?? we havnt spoken in awhile, so i wanted to say a quick hey and check in. its awesome that youre feeling better after the tane, hopefully your skin is reacting well to the septra. keep us posted! take care dude,

Lisa

Hey. I just realized how long it's been since I posted anything her or updated my journal. I guss I just came back cause I wanted to vent, and I am bored at work. So yeah... I am on Accutane again, for the 3rd time. My derm put me on another low does because that worked well the 2nd time. Almost done, but I am so frustrated. Getting these huge cysts on my cheeks. Will usually have one on one side, it'll go away and then I will get one on the other side, as well as randomly on my shoulders and back. And I am sort of in a bad situation right now. I just moved away from home and don't have a derm or even a GP here, so that sucks. So I guess I am just looking for some advice. I have been using BP "on the spot" occasionally, but don't want to overuse it thinking my redmarks will take longer to fade. Ugh, I have no confidence now either. I guess this is more recent, cause I was seeing someone for 2 months and was fine. Well, I guess that's the end of my rant. *wonders who is still on the board*

Paul

Well, I thought I would do another quick update. Sort of bored today. at home for the long weekend. Oh yeah. I moved out in August. Live on my own in the city now. Are there any other acne sufferers in Ottawa? Don't really have much to complain about. Last night I was looking in my bathroom mirror thinking my skin looked really good, except for the dryness. The whole bottom half of my face is flaking. lol. Well, I only have less than a month to go. Think I may take some pictures when I get back to my place for those of you who might be interested.

Went on two dates this week with the same person. Think we both like each other, and he doesn't seem to be turned off by my acne/scars and red marks. I have wondered if that was why I haven't gotten a lot of second dates when everything went well on the first. Anyway, that's all I'm going to say about that. Don't want to jinx things. I have had enough bad luck with relationships.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I'll be sure to post something again soon. Take care.

Paul

Been a while since my last update. I just recently stopped taking accutane again, with just 6 days left. Was feeling depressed all the time. I guess I am one of the people it affects this way. Not feeling as bad now, but I think it will take time to feel myself again. Also really dry skin, lips, and the inside of my nose. Can't imagine how bad it would be if I was on a higher dose. I think I just need to moisturize more frequently. And breakouts. None since I got off. I had quite a few just before I quit, and now they are going getting less inflamed. Bye for now. I am at work. Hehe