Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey everyone, let me tell you about me.

Im a 23 male. My acne is mild Id say, but I just dont understand where its coming from. I workout 6 days a week and wash my face after every workout. I drink green tea everyday, I take fish oils every day. My diet is flawless, I dont eat sugar and I have a six pack. I used to use dan's regime and that kept me almost always clear, but just recently they BP started giving me and itchy rash on my face, so i stopped. Now, my acne is back with a passion. I have been washing my face in the morning, moisturize, then wash my face at night and cover with fresh aloe vera plant gel for about a month now. Honestly, it isnt working. I just dont understand acne, I do everything right and its still there. Im quite proof that acne isnt related to diet, because mine is great. Maybe this is a rant, but any alternatives for non BP products that work. Just frustrated with it all when I had clear skin for about 4 years and then boom, BP causes an itchy rash all over my face (no idea why).

Anyways, thx for listening, hope to hear back from soemone

Well, healthy eating isn't the only diet fix. Some people cannot have grains or milk. Some people can still breakout even with these extremely strict diet changes.

Then there's the hormonal side of things.

Also, aloe vera is soothing and lightly moisturizing, but it doesn't really treat acne.

BP cannot be used by many, so I think you should look into tea tree oil as an alternative.Are you using a BHA/AHA or have you used them in the past?

Guest Timehealsall
Well, healthy eating isn't the only diet fix. Some people cannot have grains or milk. Some people can still breakout even with these extremely strict diet changes.

Also, aloe vera is soothing and lightly moisturizing, but it doesn't really treat acne.

BP cannot be used by many, so I think you should look into tea tree oil as an alternative.Are you using a BHA/AHA or have you used them in the past?

Can bp not really be used by many?

From what i read, it is rare to be allergic to benzoyl peroxide

Guest Timehealsall
Hey everyone, let me tell you about me.

Im a 23 male. My acne is mild Id say, but I just dont understand where its coming from. I workout 6 days a week and wash my face after every workout. I drink green tea everyday, I take fish oils every day. My diet is flawless, I dont eat sugar and I have a six pack. I used to use dan's regime and that kept me almost always clear, but just recently they BP started giving me and itchy rash on my face, so i stopped. Now, my acne is back with a passion. I have been washing my face in the morning, moisturize, then wash my face at night and cover with fresh aloe vera plant gel for about a month now. Honestly, it isnt working. I just dont understand acne, I do everything right and its still there. Im quite proof that acne isnt related to diet, because mine is great. Maybe this is a rant, but any alternatives for non BP products that work. Just frustrated with it all when I had clear skin for about 4 years and then boom, BP causes an itchy rash all over my face (no idea why).

Anyways, thx for listening, hope to hear back from soemone

and btw, i agree about the BP thing. Maybe it has something to do with the new batch?

The BP itches my skin like crazy whenever i use it... but i did not have this issue 6-7 months ago.

Maybe you have become sensitized to BP?

Can bp not really be used by many?

From what i read, it is rare to be allergic to benzoyl peroxide

It's not really so much an allergy as it is irritating to sensitive skin. Most people can use it no problem,and it's been around for a very long time. Still, a lot can't use it without getting irritated.

Guest Timehealsall

yea but if you get irritated, but it does not break you out, and the BP control your acne... is it worth it?

Hey thanks for posting guys.

Yeah the BP, its unbearable, its so itchy, and its all blotchy all over my face, its quite disgusting so I stopped using it. Ive heard of other people developing this before, and I guess 4 years on it twice a day might do it eventually.

Regardless, I do have tea tree oil, but not really sure how to apply it, maybe with oil/water?

Side note, I go in the atlantic ocean almost twice a week and that as well isnt keeping me clear, so this acne is really fighting back. BP really kept me clear all that time.

What kind of acne is it? Is it deep and painful or superficial whiteheads?

If they are deep ones that really flare up and cause pain when sprouting a whitehead its most likely something in your diet. Sometimes a super healthy diet can make you more sensitive to toxins, i.e. too much caffeine or aspartame or alcohol etc..

As for the other kind, I would probably recommend using a moisturizer with an active acne fighting ingredient in it such as salicylic acid if the aloe vera gel isn't working. Be prepared for a breakout when you switch though.

Just because you don't eat sugar or chocolate doesn't meant that diet isnt a source of your acne. You could experiment by removing other things like dairy from your diet to see if that makes any changes. If it persists, there are always dermatologists that can assess your situation and offer advice. Tea tree oil can help as well, and it's possible that the acne is genetic or hormonal in which case there isn't really many lifestyle changes that you can make, besides introducing treatment to combat the acne. It's a shame that benzoyl peroxide is irritating your skin, maybe try a different brand?

Guest Timehealsall
Just because you don't eat sugar or chocolate doesn't meant that diet isnt a source of your acne. You could experiment by removing other things like dairy from your diet to see if that makes any changes. If it persists, there are always dermatologists that can assess your situation and offer advice. Tea tree oil can help as well, and it's possible that the acne is genetic or hormonal in which case there isn't really many lifestyle changes that you can make, besides introducing treatment to combat the acne. It's a shame that benzoyl peroxide is irritating your skin, maybe try a different brand?

Is tea-tree oil similar to BP in the sense that it can prevent acne from forming?

Tea tree oil can be very irritating as well, so if your skin is sensitive that's something to bear in mind. I've tried it and it did nothing for me but I guess the idea behind it's effectiveness is that it prevents the growth of acne causing bacteria. (tea tree oil also smells really bad, my husband told me never to use it again because it smells like mold :) )

I'd definitely check on the dairy intake and other "special diet gimmicks" if you're not using them already. The no carbs thing didn't have any effect on my skin but dairy definitely worsens my acne. Also, you can try using BP only once a day. I use it only once a day and it works just fine. I've been on the BP treatment for just a few weeks so the occasional zit is popping up every once in a while but on the whole they're gone. My skin is sensitive so the areas where I put BP are more red. The redness is going down, though, probably because I cut back on using BP only once a day. I'd imagine that sweating and sun would only make the irritation worse.

Tea tree oil can be very irritating as well, so if your skin is sensitive that's something to bear in mind. I've tried it and it did nothing for me but I guess the idea behind it's effectiveness is that it prevents the growth of acne causing bacteria. (tea tree oil also smells really bad, my husband told me never to use it again because it smells like mold :) )

I'd definitely check on the dairy intake and other "special diet gimmicks" if you're not using them already. The no carbs thing didn't have any effect on my skin but dairy definitely worsens my acne. Also, you can try using BP only once a day. I use it only once a day and it works just fine. I've been on the BP treatment for just a few weeks so the occasional zit is popping up every once in a while but on the whole they're gone. My skin is sensitive so the areas where I put BP are more red. The redness is going down, though, probably because I cut back on using BP only once a day. I'd imagine that sweating and sun would only make the irritation worse.

Tea tree oil smells mostly like eucalyptus...it smells nothing like mold.

Pure tea tree oil can be too much for someone's skin, that's why you should get a product that CONTAINS tea tree...not just straight up TTO. Although, I have known people to use 100% TTO as a spot treatment.

Tea tree oil is antibacterial,and just as effective as BP in 5% concentrations. BP is also a peeling agent, TTO is not.

I feel your frustration. I'm 23 too, ripped like jesus, good diet but I can't understand it. :dance:

You never once said what you actually eat or the type of pimples of you're getting. What all have you eliminated as triggers for your acne?