Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sid S.

Accutane freaking me out

Im on accutane 5 months now. It's worked very well on me, and quick. At this point I'm getting fairly annoyed with it though.

There's a huge price to pay for this kind of treatment.

I'm sure some people don't notice the mental effects as much as others. They might've already been mentally low anyways before treatment, whatever.

Can't have normal dreams anymore, just terrible nightmarish negative experiences. Sometimes they're kind of normal.

Accutane really does throw you into some kind of pit of no return, mentally. You thought you knew what depression was, but you didn't until you try it. The word depression doesn't do accutane justice for the deep damage it can do. Depression is emotional sadness and such, but accutune just takes away emotions, and leaves the bad ones, and in higher volume. Doesn't reduce libido or sexual drive, but it leaves that as the only thing you have left. Happiness, love, and such are all decreased, and you can't connect much. you're just an evil being. Something is lost. Not a loss of mental clarity or a feeling fogginess in the head, but some spirit inside dies.

Why do you think you have bad dreams on accutane? And what happened to your dreams with love light laughter, and even spirituality? You have those bad dreams because the brain no longer has the ability/capacity to feel that way which it used to. consciously or unconsciously, waking or sleeping, you are beneath a heavy burden. A block, a dark cloud, something worse even. Like certain chakras aren't working properly or something lol

I'm sick of the anxiety of wondering if I'll be normal again. I know I will but, what kind of permanent damage will occur before then.

It sure is a breather to not have acne though, and no longer have an oily face. for sure. But the oil and the acne will probably come back eventually. And I have no idea when or if my brain/body will be at peace again and in tip top condition. accutane didn't even work on body acne that good at all.

Have any of you recovered fully from accutane? Like your body becomes fully strong again, hair thicken, and mind/brain doesn't feel injected with evil?

Edited by Sid S.

Im on accutane 5 months now. It's worked very well on me, and quick. At this point I'm getting fairly annoyed with it though.

I'm sure some people don't notice the mental effects as much as others. They might've already been mentally low anyways before treatment, whatever.

Can't have normal dreams anymore, just terrible nightmarish negative experiences. Sometimes they're kind of normal.

Accutane really does throw you into some kind of pit of no return, mentally. You thought you knew what depression was, but you didn't until you try it. The word depression doesn't do accutane justice for the deep damage it can do. Depression is emotional sadness and such, but accutune just takes away emotions, and leaves the bad ones, and in higher volume. Doesn't reduce libido or sexual drive, but it leaves that as the only thing you have left. Happiness, love, and such are all decreased, and you can't connect much. you're just an evil being. Something is lost. Not a loss of mental clarity or a feeling fogginess in the head, but some spirit inside dies.

Why do you think you have bad dreams on accutane? And what happened to your dreams with love light laughter, and even spirituality? You have those bad dreams because the brain no longer has the ability/capacity to feel that way which it used to. consciously or unconsciously, waking or sleeping, you are beneath a heavy burden. A block, a dark cloud, something worse even. Like certain chakras aren't working properly or something lol

I'm sick of the anxiety of wondering if I'll be normal again. I know I will but, what kind of permanent damage will occur before then.

It sure is a breather to not have acne though, and no longer have an oily face. for sure. But the oil and the acne will probably come back eventually. And I have no idea when or if my brain/body will be at peace again and in tip top condition. accutane didn't even work on body acne that good at all.

Have any of you recovered fully from accutane? Like your body becomes fully strong again, hair thicken, and mind/brain doesn't feel injected with evil?

Damn bruh, Cheer up.

Listen to some good music, Watch comedy, Work out, Shoot Hoops.

Good Luck

I can agree to some extent with you OP...half way through my 3rd month I started feeling off. Not a feeling of depression but as if something was missing from me or as if something got shut off. I'm not so much sad as I feel like now I just go through the day with a lack of ANY emotion. Some days it's worse than other days. I would have to blame the accutane since there is nothing going on in my life to make me feel this way. I'm not sad, I’m not happy, I feel like I’m just here, which actually does not feel that good when I think about it, sort of robotic. Anyways... I do hope this feeling (is it a feeling?) goes away after my course.

Guest Modestm

Sid, you get it, and very eloquently put, I might add. Just as you alluded to: your level of analysis is very apt.

I can agree to some extent with you OP...half way through my 3rd month I started feeling off. Not a feeling of depression but as if something was missing from me or as if something got shut off. I'm not so much sad as I feel like now I just go through the day with a lack of ANY emotion. Some days it's worse than other days. I would have to blame the accutane since there is nothing going on in my life to make me feel this way. I'm not sad, I’m not happy, I feel like I’m just here, which actually does not feel that good when I think about it, sort of robotic. Anyways... I do hope this feeling (is it a feeling?) goes away after my course.

Wow man.. am feeling the same exact way!.. I don't show emotion nor I feel any, day's just pass by like their all the same.. I guess nothing is going on in my life that is worth getting exited about, that might be 1 of the problem's but nonetheless I feel dull and just shut off for some reason.

A lot of people around me ask why I don't just stop taking it now. But I tell them that the side effects are temporary, that's what I believe in. There's no way I'm going to be like this forever, so there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

Your whole post left me with such an uneasy feeling. I've felt those things before, but not as a result of medication, so I know what you're going through to some degree. I honestly think, although I haven't taken Accutane myself, that once you stop taking it you will slowly begin to feel normal again. If it gets worse, please go see a doctor, or tell somebody close to you so you know you're not alone in the things that are happening to you. I don't think these things are permanent. There's always a way to repair yourself psychologically. I'm far from where I was when I felt that way... you can heal.

very aptly put together by Sid..i turned into such an emotional mess..living in such consuming negativity, drowning myself further in self-pity..accutane sure did clear me up a lot..i was all clear..but because of the emo n psycho shit that came over me, i broke up with my beloved gal:( and that was the lowest point of my life ever....

About those nightmares, i used to keep having them too..and i still have em..mine go back to my childhood days..but i guess accutane made em worse and i used to always wake up with new scars.check this post of mine. http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Nightmare...36#entry3071136

So, my course got over and after 3-4 months, my acne came back with a bang....but i took a lot longer to get back to normal.. it was a long time before i got back to my friends, i had become a total recluse..anyways like jamesr said listen to good music and workout-run,weight train(not heavy),box etc etc and get a job..maybe part time.....so that u continue to live normal and keep meeting people..

Don't freak out too much..just keep yourself surrounded with people..accutane has all this side effects but it's all worth trying out..what if it completely cured your acne??just take care.don't drown..don't drink/smoke up too much...the emotional lows seem to be more extreme after you come back to normalcy from the highs induced by these things..

very aptly put together by Sid..i turned into such an emotional mess..living in such consuming negativity, drowning myself further in self-pity..accutane sure did clear me up a lot..i was all clear..but because of the emo n psycho shit that came over me, i broke up with my beloved gal:( and that was the lowest point of my life ever....

About those nightmares, i used to keep having them too..and i still have em..mine go back to my childhood days..but i guess accutane made em worse and i used to always wake up with new scars.check this post of mine.

So, my course got over and after 3-4 months, my acne came back with a bang....but i took a lot longer to get back to normal.. it was a long time before i got back to my friends, i had become a total recluse..anyways like jamesr said listen to good music and workout-run,weight train(not heavy),box etc etc and get a job..maybe part time.....so that u continue to live normal and keep meeting people..

Don't freak out too much..just keep yourself surrounded with people..accutane has all this side effects but it's all worth trying out..what if it completely cured your acne??just take care.don't drown..don't drink/smoke up too much...the emotional lows seem to be more extreme after you come back to normalcy from the highs induced by these things..

OMGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!! IM NOT ALONEEEEEE!!!!

this is also how im feeling!!!

its horrorable!!!

YA! its totally a feeling like somethings missing!!!

Its to the point where its taking a toll on my relationship with my bf! were havin a rough time right now! and i feel like bein on the tane is intensifying all my emotions and meltal health and making things worse! and I love him SO much! and i dont wanna ruin it!!!

I even made a post 20min ago asking how its effected people emotionally and mentally!

My bf has a VERY hard time believing that the accutane is effecting me in this way.

HOWW can i explain it to him!?!? so he will understand!?

I dont wanna loose my bf!

Thnx guys!!!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!! . . . I guess were not alone!!!

These are pretty sucky feelings to have! so i totally feel for you all!

:confused:

About those nightmares, i used to keep having them too..and i still have em..mine go back to my childhood days..but i guess accutane made em worse and i used to always wake up with new scars.check this post of mine.

OMGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!! IM NOT ALONEEEEEE!!!!

this is also how im feeling!!!

its horrorable!!!

YA! its totally a feeling like somethings missing!!!

Its to the point where its taking a toll on my relationship with my bf! were havin a rough time right now! and i feel like bein on the tane is intensifying all my emotions and meltal health and making things worse! and I love him SO much! and i dont wanna ruin it!!!

I even made a post 20min ago asking how its effected people emotionally and mentally!

My bf has a VERY hard time believing that the accutane is effecting me in this way.

HOWW can i explain it to him!?!? so he will understand!?

I dont wanna loose my bf!

Thnx guys!!!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!! . . . I guess were not alone!!!

These are pretty sucky feelings to have! so i totally feel for you all!

:confused:

You can dig up the information on Accutane basically anywhere on Google.. and show him by fact's that is does effect your emotion's ect ect.. even if he's still not buying it .. then show him more affection? lol..

Hey guys, you're not alone! I've been feeling really empty and depressed lately too. It's still bearable but it's just not me. I love being outdoors and usually I don't spend much time at home but now I have to force myself to go out.I feel empty, I don't care about things like I used to, I can sit and do nothing for hours. Also I have no energy and get terrible headaches in the afternoon.

And no, I'm not gonna tell that to my doctor cause Accutane is doing its thing much better and faster than I expected. I'm really happy with the results so far.So I'm gonna deal with the side effect hoping they won't get worse.

I feel that evel thing inside of me too:|.It is strange.At first it made me depressed but then I started feeling myself evel,like I would be able hurting someone and feel nothing,but the good thing is that I am aware of it haha,otherwise I would be diagnosed insane.

it's been almost a year and a half since finishing my 4th round of tane and im still not mentally the same. something is really really really wrong with me. god...what kind of mess did i get into?

Sid,

how was your life before Accutane?Do you consider yourself a happy person?What's your dose?

I'm asking you because I have to admit I was a little depressed before Accutane and I'm still depressed due to personal reasons( my best friend moved out of the state, I don't have many friends :). But as you said it's not just sadness, it's like Accutane takes away emotions and makes you feel empty. How do you fight your anxiety? You sound like you're giving up. Try to be around people, friends more, force yourself to go out if you have to, stay occupied. I promise you will feel better :) I feel much better now when I'm going to summer school and working, got no time to feel sad :boohoo:

Hope you will feel better!

Hey thanks a lot. I'm not giving up on anything but taking this drug. I have a little more than 10 pills left, at the end of my 5th month now, and I'm going to see if I can avoid taking them. Haven't had a pill in three or four days, and am getting minimal breakouts on my chest which isn't too bad for being off it for 3 days., but I want to rid this drug from my system now that it has done what it could for acne.

I wasn't sad or anything before tane. But after a few months using it, there's a type of forced sadness, or something, on your mind, for no reason. There's a ceiling blocking you that wasn't there before. Certain dimensions of your consciousness seem inaccessible. Not meaning intelligence or anything, but when it comes to biologically positive healthy feelings.

It has nothing to do with thoughts or anything like that. And one of the side effects is crying spells. Well I haven't cried yet, but sometimes it feels like wanting to, which is kind of funny.

I guess your problems in life, the things you aren't happy about, can feel more pronounced on tane, but you just have to stay on track, and know it's temporary.

It's all just chemically feeling sad feelings in brain. I manage it with music and such, and just doing what I usually do. I do stuff with friends, and I'm having summer school soon so I'll hit the gym up there often.

you can probably learn a lot about yourself on this stuff too.

the other person said he still doesn't feel himself after a year and a half. Has he tried getting a colon cleanse or liver detox to rid his system of accutane? The stuff can stay in your system for years, and wreak havok for years, if it's still in you.

I know this becuase someone said that they were balding from accutane for a long time after discontinuing use. And he said he did a colon cleanse, and his hair grew back and his acne came back. Sounds like a really good idea. the sooner we get it out of our system the sooner our brains can heal and go back to normal.

Edited by Sid S.

Accutane caused some problems for me as well and I can relate to what your feeling. I don't know if it's directly from the accutane itself, or indirectly because of the other problems it caused, but I'm basically just in a perpetual state of feeling like I haven't "had my Wheaties this morning".

Funny you mentioned dreams. I never had any nightmares or anything, but I've always had really vivid and now not as much after accutane. But again I don't know if it was directly or indirectly caused by accutane.

the other person said he still doesn't feel himself after a year and a half. Has he tried getting a colon cleanse or liver detox to rid his system of accutane? The stuff can stay in your system for years, and wreak havok for years, if it's still in you.

hey, ya i've been living like crap actually. i did hear about a colon cleanse and liver detox but i haven't had much luck searching for people's success stories recovering from accutane with this detox thing. plus if i do it, i heard you'd have to keep it up for about a month and during that time you will break out ALOT. i'd have to quit my job if i want to do this because i don't want to go to work everyday with boils on my face. if i KNEW it would flush out the accutane and help give me back my normal life of course i'd do it in a heartbeat without even thinking about it.

Edited by coolguy