Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone, I've been lurking this forum for some time now. I used to have cystic acne, and with some antibiotics, diet change and tretonoin, got rid of it. My skin completely cleared up and then I started getting these little bumps. Sometimes they turn into acne and usually I can't pop them. They are in spots around my face, mostly my right cheek and by my lip. I was wondering if anyone has this same problem and any suggestions? I really don't want to spend anymore money at the derm :(

post-151296-1306225142_thumb.jpg

post-151296-1306225161_thumb.jpg

post-151296-1306225347_thumb.jpg

post-151296-1306225142_thumb.jpg

post-151296-1306225161_thumb.jpg

post-151296-1306225347_thumb.jpg

Edited by victoria223

Hi. Just wanted to say i have the exact same bumps as you all over my cheeks and chin and they are SO stubborn. the tiny tiny ones are more visible when i stretch the skin.

I started getting these bumps after 2 years on antibiotics. And i think that was my cause. As they have not left 3 years later. if i squeeze them they just refill.

I am currently on a low dose of accutane, its only day 20 today so not much report.

What antibiotics were you on? And how long for?

Yes! I have given up on trying to squeeze them. Stuff comes out but it seems to clog again anyway. It is extremely frustrating! I wear make-up to cover up and at first glance it just looks like my skin is dry or just really bad texture.. I wasn't on antibiotics for very long, on doxy for about a month and then minocycline for about two. Good luck with the accutane, hopefully you see some results!

Hi Victoria223,

It could be a fungal infection.

Try sea-salt washes & then apply for 2-3 minutes crystal alum directly on your skin to stop the bacteria/ fungus breeding (i.e. pure crystal alum salt deodorant sticks from the health-food store i.e. http://www.thecrystal.com/ kills bacteria and fungus). Do this for a month. It should clear your skin. However, when it clears, stop using the crystal alum & sea-salt (as it's drying and should only be used during breakouts), you can then try plain spring water and glycolic acid 10% strength or fresh lime juice topically applied.

But most importantly, go ALL natural, organic, mostly raw vegan with your diet & products: you need to alkaline your body (acne bacteria and fungus just looooves acidic bodies). See this for more tips: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Tips-heal...re-t295915.html

Cheers,

AS :)

Edited by aquasea

Hi everyone, I've been lurking this forum for some time now. I used to have cystic acne, and with some antibiotics, diet change and tretonoin, got rid of it. My skin completely cleared up and then I started getting these little bumps. Sometimes they turn into acne and usually I can't pop them. They are in spots around my face, mostly my right cheek and by my lip. I was wondering if anyone has this same problem and any suggestions? I really don't want to spend anymore money at the derm :(

I get this too on my chin and upper lip. They just fill back up if I squeeze them. I think it could be flouride from my toothpaste but idk... But I'm not sure what toothpaste I can get that doesn't have flouride... Is there anything that I could find at a drugstore?

ive got that alll over my face thousands of them :rolleyes:

For me it wasn't caused by antibiotics they were getting worse and worse along with a bit of cystic acne, the antibiotics cleared most of the cysts but these still keep coming.

I think its because antibiotics stop the bacterial infection and help reduce inflammation but dont actually help the route cause of the acne which is blocked pores.

Anyway im going on accutane soon to see if this helps clear it so ill keep a log on here.

Keep us all posted if you have any luck with anything else.

Good luck and dont squeeze them!

I started to recently get similar bumps after beginning to use AHA products.

First it was a Korean AHA face wash product (Etude House's Yogurt Peel Cleasing Foam) that gave me pimples/white bumps around my mouth area - now, Dan's AHA is giving me some new bumps. I'm not sure if it has something to do with AHA at all or whether it's just my skin reacting in a not so pleasurable way to these new products. Hopefully it's the latter because then they might go away (plus I don't want to quit using AHA already, it's been great otherwise!) :I

I've noticed that AHA has not only given me these bumps but it seems to have faded them a little. I had a couple, really OLD (2~3 years old) bumps like this on my chin and they were the result of some really annoying pimples, the kind of pimples you cannot really squeeze (small cysts, maybe?); after using AHA products for 2 months, the bumps on my chin have pretty much vanished and I can only see them faintly when I stretch my skin.

I wish I could tell you the answer WHY exactly these pimples occur but it seems like people have multiple reasons why they have these bumps; try looking into your daily routines, maybe you have started to use some new product and your skin is reacting this way? That's the only advice I can give you now!

edit__

I'm actually suspecting that I may have a yeast infection (like aquasea previously mentioned, thank you). I think I'll go see a doctor to make sure if it is one. :I

Edited by gayhenna

I have the same things.

Steaming your face will not help, it made it worse for me.

I took mino and then doxy and once I got off of them/towards the end I got these nasty bumps.

I really do believe mine has to be a yeast infection.

I have a very similar problem. I get the same bumps on my ear, my neck, and all over my cheecks/chin. I went on accutane 4 times. this is what came back...

I dont get painful cysts anymore, but I'm very frustrated with this acne. I get hard white sebum out of these... it seems like ALL of my pores are clogged as well. not sure what to try/do. If you have similar problems, please post if you found a cure!!!! I think it might have to do with my liver/colon and the toxins being released... I recently did a 36 hour fast and it pretty much cleared me for the next week! Still havent done it again, but will be doing it again soon.

i was on doryx for 2.5 months and i have these too!

i went for a facial and most of them got extracted but it comes back =x

Update! So, they've been getting better and slowly *very* slowly, reducing in size and number. I am extremely gentle with them, not using harsh exfoliaters or cleansing too often. Also trying not to squeeze them out myself! The only thing I'm using nowadays is tretinoin.. planning on going to get a pore extraction sometime. Ended up visiting the derm and confirmed it's acne. She prescribed be spironolactone but not sure if I'm going to take it. Tired of taking prescription meds.

Guest Timehealsall

does everyone here who has these things take doxycycline or some form of antibiotics? If so, it could be a yeast thing.

Maybe try apple cider vinegar, or try going on a yeast free diet.

This is exactly the problem I have! I believe my comedonal acne started right after I moved South into a very humid climate. I think all of the sweating exacerbated my acne.

What have you been using to help clear them up? I couldn't tell from your initial post.