Notifications
Clear all

Has anyone visited Dr. Persky in Los Angeles for acne scarring?

MemberMember
(@roller)

Posted : 05/23/2011 7:21 pm

Hey guys,

Just curious if anyone here has visited Dr. Persky in L.A, and if so, what are your impressions?

I personally visited him a few weeks ago for acne scarring. I have mild to medium scarring on both cheeks and forhead. I believe Dr. Persky has both Fraxel Re:Pair and Re:Store. He recommends the Fraxel Re:Pair for scarring, until I mentioned a possibility of subcision and re:pair combo. He said the Re:Pair is effective without the subcision, but from the before and after pics I saw, which was a good 10-20 clients, I didn't see significant improvement. One lady was on her 3rd or 5th Re:pair and she only really had mild scarring in my opinion. Most of the clients still had a little bit of red in their skin months after the procedure, which is ok for me. I'm a bit afraid of the laser, so I asked him if he would do only subcision. He said he doesn't do subcision only and also mentioned I would be hard pressed to find a plastic surgeon who would do only subcision. He did , however, agree to do a small sample of my skin for re:pair to see how my skin would react. I might take him up on that offer just too see if its effective. If it is, I would probably head on to London to see Dr. Khan for the re:pair, subcision, recell combo. I just didn't feel the laser by itself was effective enough for the hassle, but i did see some improvement from the before and after pics. If you're going to be red for awhile, might as well go through something with more improvement. I also mentioned Recell to Dr. Persky and he's actually never heard of it. I find that weird as I thought Recell was well known, ust not approved in the states as of yet.

anyhow.. anyone know of a good subcision doctor in L.A? Im 31 male, light asian skinned by the way.

MemberMember
(@waitingforacure)

Posted : 05/23/2011 8:57 pm

WOW i cant believe persky didnt know about Recell.. i think people on this board know more about treating acne scars than the top dermatologist in the nation.. now thats sad!!!!!!

MemberMember
(@roller)

Posted : 05/23/2011 11:37 pm

Surprisingly and sadly, that might be true :/. I was very surprised that he didn't have a clue what recell was. But he did ask me if it was "spray on' and I replied, "yes, its spray on." From my research, he seems to be one of the top dermatoglist / plastic surgeons in Los Angeles if not America. But to be fair, Recell is known to be more of hyperpigmentation solution rather than a scar solution. He did also mention there was risk with hyperpgimentation when doing laser depending on skin type. I encourage those to do test sample areas first.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/24/2011 2:27 am

when one of the top dermatologists in "america" thinks laser is the way to go, than we are fked

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 10/21/2012 10:38 pm

did you ever get the treatments from persky?

MemberMember
(@frax1)

Posted : 10/28/2012 5:27 am

The majority of doctors in the US I have asked did not know about Recell yet. I hope the clinical trials will finish soon and Recell becomes available in the US.

MemberMember
(@waitingforacure)

Posted : 10/28/2012 8:34 am

the only reason why Recell is not approved in America is because the FDA makes it so tough!!!!! i cant think of any other reason...its been approved in U.K for like 6 years already!!!!... that being said i think recell will eventually be approved some time next year...

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 10/31/2012 6:54 am

when one of the top dermatologists in "america" thinks laser is the way to go, than we are fked

Why? Lasers are the way to go, there is little question about that.

MemberMember
(@12xu)

Posted : 03/20/2013 1:39 pm

has anyone else been a patient of dr. persky for acne scarring?