Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
haroldandkumar

warm water and acne

i noticed i can go in the shower with seeing no zits but when i get out i see a few. Do you think warm heat helps make worse existing ones or just speeds up the process of them surfacing? Oh course i will continue to shower everyday regardless but just wondering about it.

It's probably just because your skin getting hotter. I got this from the acne.org FAQ section:

"A red mark on the skin called an erythematous macule will fade in four to six months after an acne outbreak - but it may get temporarily redder when your skin gets hot or when you exercise. This red macule is not a scar, and is not permanent. In a dark skinned person, the macule may appear as a darker patch on the skin. This is not a scar, either."

That is something i just see in the bright daylight sometimes. Im talking about getting actually ones, they are small but they arent there til i take a shower. And they usually go away a bit once my face cools off but then i know where they are.

hmm... that's not something i've heard of before. how long do you shower for? i believe warm water can draw a spot out to the surface - but not to the degree you're describing. hmm bb_eusa_think.gif

i can't help i'm afraid, but i'm intrigued as to what they are now too.

USE THE LOWEST TEMPERATURE OF WATER YOUR BODY CAN TOLERATE TO WASH.

also USE A MEDICATED CLEANSER FOR PIMPLES.

THE BEST i HAVE FOUND IS phiSOHEX

PHISOHEX®

Phisohex is an anti-bacterial face wash containing Tricolsan, which assists in the removal of bacteria from the skin, which can cause skin problems. It helps remove dirt and oil from blocked pores, and aids in the treatment of acne and pimples.

Phisohex face wash gives you cleaner skin and fewer pimples, while maintaining your skin's normal pH balance.

user posted image

GlaxoSmithKline Australia Pty Ltd

I belive in the myth that "warm water active acne" . I always use cold water to wash my face and sometimes ever ice cold water. And trust me it really helps.

I'm not sure where I read this, or heard it, but I was under the impression that warm water and soap does a more thorough cleansing job than cold water and soap. And kills more bacteria. But if many of you say that cold water helps acne, I'd be willing to try washing with cold water tomorrow. It's worth a try at least.

I too have noticed that washing with cold water helps. Maybe my skin is just sensitive but warm/hot water seems to bring the pimples to the surface.

At night when I wash my face (can't stand to take a cold shower, so I'm not changing that. lol) - I have tried lathering up with warm water and then doing one rinse with warm, and several rinses with cold. It did make my skin look better, less redness and felt cleaner. Interesting.