Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i have been using B5 now for over 5 months and it has worked wonders for me. For the beginning months of b5 i had little to no oil, acne reduced tremendously, and blemishes faded. All this was due to 15 grams a day of B5. I have noticed lately that im beginning to become oily again, no pimples reoccuring, juss oil production has started up again. Do you guys think my body is becoming immune to B5??? Has anything happened to you like this before??? I feel like the only thing to do is up the dose, but Im kind of worried. 15grams of B5 every day for the past 5 months and then uping the dose doesnt sound healthy. According to the directions i read, after the 1st three months of B5 you should lower the dose, then after another few months lower it again and so forth. In my case, im increasing the dose. What do u guys think i should do?

You should lower the dose of any medication that you are on for long term to ensure that your body does not become immune to it. Thats why doctors will change the antibiotics some people are on over a course of time.

I am currently using B5 and am pleased by the progress so far - my skin seems to be looking a lot better than it has been for a long time, and it's thanks to this message board for that.

i used b5 megadoses as well

then i switched to pantethine, which is more expensive, but zou onlz take 3x300mg pills with approximately the same effect as b5 5grams.

think about that

I'm using 7g of B5 per day or sometimes less, and it doesn't seem to be working that well. You think it's safe to up the dosage to 10 or more? huh.gif

The recommended dosage is 10g per day (ie 10 tablets). I wouldn't personally take any more than 10g per day, however judge it by your personal circumstances, and if necessary speak to a medical advisor.

I have started b5 a week ago and my acne improved about 30%

I have taken 3g each day in the first 3 days. Now I'm in the 7th day and I'm taking 6g. I think I will continue with 6g a day until the end of september.

I'm also taking:

1200mcg Biotin

20.000 IU VitaminA

200 IU VitaminE

200mg Niacin

800mcg Folic Acid

100mg Zinc

400mcg Selenium

and using bp 5% at night and a cleaner in the morning (lutsine bactopur)

I also drink about 3l of water everyday, I pratice 1 hour of sports daily and I'm doing a almost sugar free diet.

All the supplements I'm taking are in the Acne-RID http://www.acnerid.com/index.html

Probably I will do a liver flush after this If get my face free of acne, to see if my scars heal faster. If all this shit don't works, well I don't know what I will do next. This is my last hope sad.gif I had tryed almost everything in the last 3 years including accutane and all types of topicals.

i used b5 megadoses as well

then i switched to pantethine, which is more expensive, but zou onlz take 3x300mg pills with approximately the same effect as b5 5grams.

think about that

well thanks for your info and links

i am personally not sure which one is better for my skin, i believe it is apporximately the same. But i definitely prefer to take 3 pills instead of 10 a day.

I would appreciate if someone would tell where you buy pantehetine in the European Union, cause thats where I live and its complicated to order from the US.

i am getting NOW brand by site podomedi.de pathetine for €40,00 for 60x300mg caps

or b5 €11,40 for 100x500mg caps.

The difference is huge. This acne is 50% of my monthly bill.

Same here - B5 is costing me £8 a week ($14). It's disgusting that we should have to pay for this; the Government should compensate us for it.

I pay $32.99 for my b5 pills and more 20€ for the taxes and mail services and It takes about 20 days to arrive sad.gif

Anyone here knows where I can get b5 in europe?

I pay $32.99 for my b5 pills and more 20€ for the taxes and mail services and It takes about 20 days to arrive sad.gif

Anyone here knows where I can get b5 in europe?