Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Juba310

Combining SA and BP gel = Will it work?

Hello all, I'm hoping someone can reassure me on my question.

I am starting/trying (right now on day 2/3) a combination of Dan and Botchla's regimens. Twice a day, I use Clean and Clear blackhead scrub (2% SA) with warm water. After patting dry, I then put on a generous amount of 2.5% BP gel (currently using proactive brand, soon will switch to Dans BP gel). Right now I am applying BP gel 2x a day, but this may change soon to only at night because school is coming up and I do not want any residue/flakes. Then, after waiting for the BP to absorb/dry, I put on Clean and Clear moisutizing lotion with spf15.

I'm just wondering if anyone has tried mixing/matching as I am doing, and if it has produced positive results. In theory it seems like the same principle as Botchla's method... open the pores using the Blackhead scrub (SA) and then killing the bacteria within with the BP gel. Does gel vs wash really matter?

Any replies, feedback, answers, questions are appreciated!

-Ted

ide like to know this too.....

i was using blotchla's for about 27 days and it didnt seem to be helping, so two days ago i started using the sa wash + bp wash + c&c moisturizer w/ spf15 in the morning, and at night i used the sa wash + 5% bp applied to skin + c&c moisturizer w/ spf15............so the same thing as blotchla's regimine, only im using the bp wash in the morning and aplying 5% bp at night

I wash at night with C&C scrub then apply a descent amount of dan's bp gel. so far, I am still getting whiteheads but all my pimples cleared up. But i noticed when i started that I already had a ton of whiteheads under the surface so maybe they wouldve come anyways but ill see after another month if i continue to get them then i may try something else i not, my acne has cleared up completely.

this method worked really well for me and ive been on oxy on the spot and c and c blackhead scrub for about 5 weeks.

I had limited success with BP but when I was using it I found using C and C blackhead scrub with BP very irritating so I went back to Cetaphil and then BP which was a bit less irritating.

But I have quite sensitive skin biggrin.gif so if your skin can take a bit more of a battering then go for it.

I'm using the C&C acne wash w/SA and then using C&C Persa 10 creme which has 10% BP

I seem to be clearing up some. But I'll have to let you all know whether I stay clear or not.... dry.gif

How long have you all been trying this? Hows the progres?

I'm on my 6th day now, and find that it initially is working well. I still have pimples, but none seem to get very enflamed (at least so far). Im not expecting super quick results like some people seem to have... I'm in this for the long run. Hopefully it keeps making progress and I'm clear in a month or so.

So far thought, it seems that the overall tone/color of my face has improved and looks a lot healthier. I also think I should mention that I've been drinking lots of water (about half a gallon a day), so that may be helping as well. The only problem that I seem to have so far is that I REALLY want to just start squeezing the little pimples that arent quite surfaced yet out. However, Botchla made it a clear and important point that one should avoid this... so I've kept to just getting rid of those that are completely surfaced.

Any more comments, feedback, or questions are encouraged and appreciated!