Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tin

I was not long for this world

well this is the last time I'm ever going to post here as of sept25 I'm going to end it all, a B-day gift to myself, I can't still it no more so good luck to everyone hope it work out for you guy,good bye forever..

Tin,

My heart truly goes out to you. I know the pain is deep and how severe it hurts. Having to deal with scars on a daily basis is a struggle and it seems like a never ending tormenting cycle.

But I also want to share with you that there is hope. I know that doesn't seem logical when you're in deep pain and depression, but there are many new treatments and advances for acne scars.

I've had scars for almost 10 years. And just recently (the last few years) I'm finally seeing improvement. Having needling, smoothbeam, powerpeels, and a few glycolic acid treatments has improved my condition tremendously. Now I want to try TCA cross for a few icepick scars.

Sometimes words are so hard to come by in situations like this, because I know how you feel. As I am sure most (if not all) on the board do. But, as time goes on, life brings many different cycles of emotions. Things could be very different for you in a year from now. And you could look back at your life and think to yourself that you're so happy that you didn't take the final way out.

Tin,

Sorry to hear you are feeling so low.

You know I feel exactly the same.Imagine in childhood people telling you that you are good looking enough to become a model and then you lose it all due to these acne scars and wonder will anyone ever like you.

I know my scars will never go and even if they reduce the side effects like hair-loss,premature aging and months of depression can never be taken away.

Everything in life is just going wrong.I tried a dermabrasion and its been over 7 weeks and I look as bas as ever.Dont know if these dark patches will ever go and when will the pigment return to my skin.Fed up of asking questions on this board even though people do respond very well.

Sorry dont mean to start wingin when you are equally upset but just want to tell you I know what you are going through and wish you all the best

Tin, I really pray for you and wish you the best. I know this must be a horrible time in your life and I understand why you might feel the way you do, but I try to look at those people out there who are disabled, badly burned, or have other physical defects who still find happiness in life and have been able to "survive" and it inspires me to do the same. I hope there is someone in your family or circle of friends that you could confide in and become very close to because my family has helped me through so much and they truly are the reason Im still here. I've been on a bunch of antidepressants, I see a therapist and I barely leave my house..Most people dont think that acne scars can have such a big impact on my life but they do NOT understand..Do you have any money? If so ,you should make yourself go out there and buy some things you like for a temporary mood boost...Also, speaking from a girls perspective, im not sure how old you are, but acne scars do not make anyone less attractive to me...In fact,now that I have them,it would be kind of ideal to meet someone that has them as well that I could experiment together with....Im sure one day there will be a woman who falls head over heels for you and adores you so look forward to that smile.gif There are sooo many things to look forward to in life despite these damn scars and I wish we could all learn to love ourselves more, scars or not...Currently, im doing better mentally but I was a mess about my skin before..I think taking an active approach against your scars and trying to change your mental state are key....Please stick around and have hope...My guess is that one day, after we have all started getting better skin, some new miracle that really is a MIRACLE will come out lol. God bless you and have faith.

Much Love,

Alia

Tin,

I am also keeping you in my prayers. I know how desperate the feeling can be when you believe there is no hope for acne scarring. I have been working on my scars for 14 years! It takes time, but you can get significant improvements. You make the choice on how much power you give acne scarring over your life. It is a battle, one that we all fight to some degree on a daily basis.

I thought you were looking into having dermabrasion and/or punch floats? There are so many treatments out there today from needling to TCA Cross that are giving people hope. These are things that were not around 10 years ago; progress is being made every day! You are so young and have so much life ahead of you. Please think about these things. I also believe you need to talk with a counselor or your parents or a friend. Get off of the acne boards for awhile, do an activity you enjoy, feel alive! It is okay to have these feelings, but please think before you act on them.

xoxo,

Misty

Dear Tin, we may not known each other personally, but one thing I know, u sound depressed.

Acne scars had taken away a large part of my life away, so does it for you. No amount of words could comfort you and you probably have seen and tried hard enough to treat scars. What I hope from you is don't hang up on yourself cos if you do, you have already lost the battle. We also share the pain as you do and don't make us feel the pain by leaving this forum.

Hang on and God bless!! Life wouldn't be marred with ance scars. There more to life than it.

Tin:

Please, please try to have hope. I know how hard it can be. I've often asked myself what I did to deserve first acne, then the awful reminders of having acne. But the truth is, bad things happen to good people all the time. Life is only what we make of it. And even when you're down, and I've been there, believe me I have, you have to believe that things will turn around.

I used to sit in my house, not go anywhere, staring at my face in the mirror and thinking I just wanted it to be over, I was so hideous, and I didn't care to live anymore. But as hard as things got, most of what kept me going is wanting to fucking fight it with everything I had and get past it. I was going to beat this goddamn acne if it took every penny I had and every ounce of strength left in me. I couldn't let something that wasn't my fault beat me. And once I beat it, I'm left with the scars. And yes, some days I curse and scream and wish it had never happened. But I have to keep going so I can try new ways to get rid of the scars and hopefully finally do enough so that I'm content with myself. We may never get to a point where we really truly feel 100% confident, but that's no reason to quit. That's the reason to keep going. So you can keep making things better. And they will get better...but you have to try.

And you have to know that even when you walk with your head down and not look people in the eyes, for every person that judges you and cares about superficial shit like looks, there are 5 or 10 who don't give a shit and love you for who you are. There are people out there like me who know the pain and know the suffering and will love you for your inner strength and kindness and compassion and not give a shit what story your face tells. I think I'm a better person for having had this nightmarish experience, because I am stronger inside and I know better than to allow someone's appearance influence me.

We all know what you're going through, and no one wants to see you give up. Please think this over. Talk to someone, a counselor, a psychiatrist. Pour out your feelings to someone who cares and get help to deal with this. You can't do it alone. But please don't leave this world. It still has a lot to offer you, despite what you may feel right now.

I will keep you in my thoughts & prayers.

~Kat

i have officially included you in my prayer list. there is power in numbers tin.

See, there are other people out there with even WORSE CONDITIONS than ours. And yet I hear you, that, no matter how worse or harsh the problem is, it is STILL a PROBLEM which has yet to be resolved. We can do it. You're not alone.

Another thing to think about is that maybe the world needs you. I sometimes feel like having this experience has made me much stronger than I ever was before, and definitely kinder and more compassionate. Even though we may not have asked for it, perhaps this skin condition is a sort of gift. You are in a unique position to understand the pain of others. Maybe we can turn this horrifying experience into something meaningful, that's all I'm saying. Feel free to write me a private message anytime if you want to talk.

John

Tin, I know how you're feeling now.. Please don't give up, there's hope out there... If you need someone to talk to, feel free to message me.. I remember you were asking questions about dermabrasion, I had it done almost 4 weeks ago and it helped me a lot.. I don't know what kind of scars you have but maybe you should look into that more.. take out a loan if you have to(I did).. Smile, keep your head up.. Today, go out and enjoy yourself.. forget about your scars.. People find confidence very attractive so fake it.. smile.gif

Scared now, I'm sorry you're feeling down too.. just give it more time to heal.. maybe after awhile, you can take steps to get rid of the dark patches.. There's so many options available to us.. I have some dark spots too, but I know it's not permanent.. it will fade eventually.. also, after my skin is healed entirely, I'm going to take steps to excelerate the fading process.. You can message me if you want, as well.. smile.gif I'm here to help because I know when I'm down, there'll be ppl there to help me...

Poe

Tin...

I think its clear many people here have felt the way you feel right now at some point or another. I feel like I'm constantly only the roller coaster too. I first worried about my acne scars, then I worried about what people would think for me trying to reverse them. Finally, I said screw it all... this is about me... no body can care more about me than myself so I began to put my years of research to work and took the plunge for dermabrasion. I hope I'm not holding too much hope in the procedure because while I'm excited about it, it does feel like a last resort for me. I know exactly how you feel. On top of acne scars, I am battling hairloss, weight (which I've actually done really well at), among other things. I know how hard it is. I had to search hard to find things that make me happy, and I'm not totally there yet. It isn't easy. You have to surround yourself with people that like you beyond your face. I've discovered that to be one of the best things I've ever done for myself. People really can like you for your personality, for your kindness, and other non-physical qualities. You're in my thoughts and prayers. I sometimes wonder how I got past my teen years when I had horrible cystic acne without doing something drastic. But all I can say is I'm glad I'm still here today. Things do get better. They take time sometimes, but they do. Feel free to pvt message me if you ever want to talk.

Dude! Get yourself a dermabrasion and some fillers in those scars and get over it. You're probably suffering from depression or other "issues" so you need to treat that first. Crying out for help on the internet will not save you. Call a doctor or a help-line and talk to your family. And put down the booze/drugs; they will only make your depression worse. I won't be praying for you or anyone else here since I'm an atheist, but I do wish you all the best.

Don't do it. If not for yourself, then for the people you love who you would be leaving behind. The hardest thing on earth is opening up to those who love you, but once you do, you will get all kinds of support from them. Maybe its not your family, but a good friend who helps you through this time. Maybe its the thoughts that all these people on acne.org are sending your way.

Tin,

I am so sorry to hear that you are feeling so low, but please don't go ahead with anything like this. The feelings that people have expressed here should convince you that you are not alone, and that we are all here for you as a community.

But I do agree with Misty's sentiments - I think it might be best if you spend a bit of time away from the internet - some of my lowest points were when I first encountered these boards - the information contained here is often overwhelming, and if you are spending too much time here it might mean you are cutting yourself off from the people and aspects of your life that make you feel happy.

Whilst we all support you, a little break from the boards might do you good, and help you to sort out your thoughts.

If it does get too much - don't be silent - please speak to someone who can talk to you face to face and understand you as a person.

Good luck and God bless,

Paul

smile.gif

Tin,

Don't do it. Don't let "it" win. There is hope, I know it's hard to think there is when you are in a state of depression like this, but you will get through it. Believe me... you have to keep the faith and believe in God. Think how many people you would hurt by doing this... all in all it's not worth it.

Look at all these posts in this thread! Don't do it... believe me, it is NOT worth it and don't let those fucking bastards on your face win!!!!!

its been said before here but its true, dont let the fucking scars beat you...tune them out of your life....their effect on you is simply an illusion, if you choose not to let them affect you, they cannot.

What about burn victoms who have burned there face and don't even have ears and a nose anymore and still don't kill there selfs! Your scars can't be worse then that so there must be other issues. Try to fix those first, they must be easier to fix then the scar problem.

I know that you heard that before, but suicide is not a solution. Please, try to get some help from a psychologist. Scars are not the reason. Perhaps you have depression or some other form of a problem. They will give you medication and you will easily forget about suicide. You might think that you will free yourself, but you will just kill yourself and cause great pain to the people that love you. But basically you will just steal your future from yourself. YOu will never know what will happen and what a great future of happiness you would find. None will think that you did something to be praised, some people that love you might hate you, some will forget about you and some might get seriously hurt emotionally and not even GOD will forgive you and you will go directly to hell (if it exists and it probably does). By killing yourself, the people that suicide don't respect the life that has been given to them. Now, the important think is to see how you can stop thinking about suicide. Please, go see a psychologist to get some real help. Talk about it with your parents and tell them that you want to see a psychologist. It's not a shame. Your life worths. I'm telling you these things from the other corner of the planet.

those people who look down on you are the real scum of the earth. i'm with you, don't give up though. you should always look on the bright side. things will improve! bb_eusa_angel.gif

Tin,

don't do anything extreme, life is more than what we think about ourselves, move to another country another state but don't hurt yourself, seriously think about everyone else...

Brother Tin:

I know it's hard, it's damn hard indeed. A lot of us here can empathize with you. Please think before you do anything drastic. Despite what you feel, a lot of people love you and care for you. Just think of the tragedy your sudden loss would mean to them?

There is hope for you, things will get better. Continue to research, and pursue the best treatment. Contiue to reach out to your friends on this forum who care about you. By all means find a counselor who you can talk to.

Tin, you wrote this to another poster who was possibly feeling as depressed as you are. Right now everyone who has posted on this thread is saying the same thing to YOU. Hang in there, there will be brighter days ahead!

I know it's going to be hard but if you give up then you will never get rid of it. I know it's going to be hard but try not to think about it and keep your skin clean, cuz when you do you stress which will cuase more acne breakout, to help you deal with stress take vitamin B and to help your skin take vitamin A and Vitamin K will have you heal scars too. Plz don't give up their is hope out there.

keep your messages short and precise hoookay? It's stressful to read mountains and novels in a sitting smile.gif

Please don't do this. Go see a counselor, or talk to anyone you can trust. At least try to make things better before giving up. Like someone else said, you will devastate the people around you if you do this.

Think about the things you can still have, like a family. I know you probably think you'll never have a Spouse and children, but you will. Also, there is bound to be some major achievement in scars. Stem cells are just around the corner. Don't give up hope yet, or ever!

I will pray for you.

((((((HUGS)))))))

Tin, I admire my dad cause, even if his face is like &*^#, too deep a number of scars to even describe, he is yet the jolliest, outspoken and hardworking man I know.

Yet here I am, worrying about how I'd look in the world of pass judgment, world which cannot go beyond the physical attribute.

So everytime I think the same way as you, I always re assess and remember my dad, then feel shallow, cheap and ask "why self-pity when there are babies suffering holes in the heart?"

<==== Flowers for you smile.gif