Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

SA and Bp together

So I'm using Nature's Cure set of 5% bp cream and their pills... But I recently bought another month's supply and it came with a 2% SA body spray and it says that you can put it on your face, dilluted with water on a cotton ball.

Is it recommended? It does say not to mix one or more topical creams because of excess drying, but I only experienced MASSIVE drying my first week on the 5% bp cream.. Now I think my face is used to it, so IM thinking I can use this 2% sa spray to make the process faster.

Thoughts?

People think that using SA and BP are bad, but using them both is really good and really helps acne. SA unclogs pores and BP kills the bacteria. You could do something like Botchla's regimen, a lot of people have had great success with that. And that Nature's Cure 5% BP was very drying for me, its just a bad gel. I use Clearasil Ultra 10% BP and its not as drying as that 5%.

I'm thinking you should try Botchla's regimen for two weeks, if you don't notice results in two weeks then try something else. I know some people that have got clear in one week, I like to scrub hard instead of gentle, I believe it gets absorbed in my pores better and doesn't dry up on the surface.

CuriousG

actually it was VERY drying the first week, but now If i mositrize, everything is OK.

My face feels good. but ill give her regimen a shot

yeah jus to let you know, the nature cure pills dont work and the BP is bad for your face, i reccommend you use it for bacne or chestne

yeah jus to let you know, the nature cure pills dont work and the BP is bad for your face, i reccommend you use it for bacne or chestne

well the bp is 5% and its pretty harsh and drying, so i only it for my back and chest. Ive taken the pills for a month and my acne stayed the same or even had flair ups, and secondly, the box doesnt tell you what the pills are made of, + they tasted like sugar tablets, which maybe = PLACEBOS. But if theyre working for you, than that great, keep with em.

actually the box DOES tell you what they are: Just a large combo of herbs and stuff.

For me at least, the moisturizer I have found counteracts the drying.... I am now combining the 2% SA spray and the 5%BP cream... so far its not TOO drying

Tablets: Active Ingredients: Calendula officinalis (marigold) 6x, Hydrastis canadensis (golden seal) 6x, Juglans regia (walnut) 6x, Antimonium Crudum (antimonious sulfide) 12x, Echinacea angustifolia (cone flower) 12x, Ledum palustre (wild rosemary) 12x, Orchitinum (glandular) 12x, Sarsaparilla (wild licorice) 12x, Hepar Sulfuris Calcareum (calcium sulfide) 24x, Carbo Vegetabilis (vegetable carbon) 30x, Cimifuga racemosa (black cohosh) 30x, Graphites (graphite) 30x. Inactive ingredients: Lactose, Magnesium Stearate

Looking at the zerozits.com website, im finding it very hard to find a good cleanser and moisturizer.....

If it is working...stick with it! I too got the body spray in this months supply, but Im quite happy with the results I have had so far with Nature's cure...so Im just going to put it aside for now.

Moisturizer is definitely KEY to most acne treatments out there. I put the NC cream on first (spot treatment), then Aloe Vera (spot treatment), then moisturizer (all over)...works great! See my link below for pictures...

thanks poboy.... So far, I just sprayed some of that spray on a cotton ball and kinda went over my bad areas. I tell you, it really does help unclog pores.

Heres my reigmen.

1/ wash with gylcerine soap, lightly

2/ wait 8 minutes and then spot treat my face with the SA spray

3/ immediately after applying the SA, i apply the NC 5% cream.

4/ Wait about 5 minutes and moisturize with Almond Oil.

My face doesn't seem TOO DRY.

I do the same morning and night.