Notifications
Clear all

Oily and red face

MemberMember
(@pimplefree)

Posted : 05/20/2011 5:51 am

Hi guys, I have oily face and at the end of the day, I will look disgustingly oily and red . I wanna ask if there is any correlation between oiliness and flushing of the skin? I realised people with oily facial skin always tag along with flushing red skin. After I wash my face, the redness will subside.

I also would like to know how most of you keep your facial oil in control through out the day. Anybody washes your face more than four or five times a day to keep it clean? Isn't a hassle to do that? Any tips to share to save myself from the hassle?

Your sharing of information is greatly appreciated. ;)

MemberMember
(@iacne)

Posted : 05/20/2011 2:19 pm

Hi guys, I have oily face and at the end of the day, I will look disgustingly oily and red 😥 . I wanna ask if there is any correlation between oiliness and flushing of the skin? I realised people with oily facial skin always tag along with flushing red skin. After I wash my face, the redness will subside.

I also would like to know how most of you keep your facial oil in control through out the day. Anybody washes your face more than four or five times a day to keep it clean? Isn't a hassle to do that? Any tips to share to save myself from the hassle? 😥

Your sharing of information is greatly appreciated. 😉

Accutane itself can make your face red but it is said it is really good for removing rosacea so if you find a way to close your pores the redness should go away. I'm the same. My nose and 1 inch to the left and right of it is red, oily, holely (pores) and with spider veins/veiny things.

MemberMember
(@skribby)

Posted : 05/25/2011 9:41 am

I also experience the exact same phenomenon.

I have no idea what's causing it. Could it be something to do with the thyroid? hyperthyroidism maybe?

Do you sweat or get hot easily? Please let me know.

MemberMember
(@pimplefree)

Posted : 05/25/2011 2:52 pm

I also experience the exact same phenomenon.

I have no idea what's causing it. Could it be something to do with the thyroid? hyperthyroidism maybe?

Do you sweat or get hot easily? Please let me know.

YAHS! I get sweat and hot easily !!! Do you? What s wrong with that? I don't see my frens are like me having this problem.

MemberMember
(@tamepotato)

Posted : 03/01/2019 11:47 pm

It could be that your skin is only or mostly excreting oleic acid. This happens when there is not enough linoleic acid being utilized by the skin. When the skin excretes mostly or only oleic acid it is irritating to the skin. Since it also does not feel moisturized the skin secretes more of this type of sebum. Oleic acid sebum is also very thick and causes blackheads.