Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

my pores are huge and clog every single day with dry hard sebum. I also have rosacea so I try to treat my skin with a gentle cleanser but it ends up clogging my pores. Its mostly in my chin and around my mouth and I could literally go around my whole face with my tweezer picking out the sebum thats wedged in my pores..Its the kind that a greasy wax like plug that you mostly get around your nose, well i get them all in my chin and I cant figure out how to stop them from forming once I get them out. I had some extractions from my derm today and i then did more on my own when I got home. I swear it was like i hadnt washed my face in a week. The amount of crap that came out was ridiculous. Ive tried mandelic on them before they come out and after and it brings them to the surface but doesnt prevent them. Ive tried differin, and ziana and the same thing and these are retinoids so WTF else should I try? SA and AHA's dont help. The derm suggested the skinceuticals line but i've tried their gentle cleanser and its something that clogged me after four days of use. does anyone know if this is a hormonal thing as Im in menopause as well

Guest Timehealsall

i think it is hormonal because i suddenyl started getting them as soon as i developed seborrheic dermatitis

Can you show us a photo of these things? I want to see if i might have the exact same thing!

Guest Timehealsall
here:

i meant take a photo of the sebum plugs.

I wanted to see if we both have the sebum plugs, or if it is something different.

Btw, do you pick/squeeze/pull out these sebum plugs? Or do they fall off by gentle rubbing/cleansing?

Guest Timehealsall
here:

Now that i think of it... did you ever use jojoba oil?

I have tried jojoba oil so many times in the last ten years its ridiculous. I keep thinking maybe this time my skin will like because so many swear by its abilities to be similliar to our regular sebum. It gives me welts and more clogs with days. To answer timeshallheal, I have to pick out the hard sebum with my tweezer as they do not fall off on their own EVER!!! I am now trying metrogel as Ive had a outbreak of perioral dermatitis from steroid use...It never ends...

Well, extractions may still have to be done monthly or every other month. Luckily they're cheap.

Your typical retinoids,acids,and other exfoliation methods will help lengthen the time periods between extractions.

Guest Timehealsall
I have tried jojoba oil so many times in the last ten years its ridiculous. I keep thinking maybe this time my skin will like because so many swear by its abilities to be similliar to our regular sebum. It gives me welts and more clogs with days. To answer timeshallheal, I have to pick out the hard sebum with my tweezer as they do not fall off on their own EVER!!! I am now trying metrogel as Ive had a outbreak of perioral dermatitis from steroid use...It never ends...

ah, so basically these things do not fall off EVEN when you are rubbing a cleanser over your skin?

Maybe i do not have the same thing as you.

i actually think jojoba oil can be the culprit... because i started getting them as soon as i started using jojoba

Increase your intake of Pantothenic acid, it helps control oil. If you try manual methods, be gentle with it.