Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So ive been on accutane for about a month and a half now, and im pleased to say i have no ACTIVE acne, however i still have plenty of red marks.

anyways, just when i think that this accutane thing is gods gift from heaven, today happens.....

i go to work, and im feeling kind confident, ya know, those days when you look in the mirror and don't scream in disgust at your reflection......

theres this girl i work with, who everyone tells me thinks im cute and is waiting for me to take her out......so today, of all days, i plan to go up to her and make her laugh and eventually ask if she'd like to go out tonite.

i go up to her, and naturally, we strike a good conversation where i make her laugh here and there......

suddenly, fucking acne lands a serious blow in the worst possible situation.

in the middle of our conversation, when i start feeling like hot shit, confident, and cocky, making her laugh, suddenly a wierd look on her face shows up. she starts staring at me nose.....

"your nose, its, its bleeding"

i look down, and *drip.....drip* my fucking nose is leaking blood, im suffering an accutane side effect, nose bleeds, right when im asking this very cute girl out. the blood starts pouring down my shirt, im looking like some dude just smashed my nose with a bat, the blood is just pouring.

her face looked like she was repulsed, and without saying a word, i run to the bathroom, and dont come out for 15 minutes. i ran away back to my office, shamed, and never got to the point to asking her out.

anyways, here i am, saturday night, when i had that date in the bag, she probably thinks im disgusting now, it was so awkward, man fuck acne.

dude thats not bad at all...how old are you? thats one of those moments ull look back on and laugh your ass off when your older.

Yeah, I thought nosebleeds are attractive to the opposite sex.

Hah, well dude that sucks. Life has great timing, doesn't it??

Well maybe next week you guys will look back on this incident and just laugh, bonding... bb_eusa_clap.gif

if i were u..i'd say.."Oh that's coz I don't get much healthy food, so I tend to fall sick easily..nosebleeds are common coz I lack certain nutrients"

and she'll whip up something just for u! wink.giflaugh.gif

Guest Captain Chaos

No need to make an excuse to her, if she's worth an ounce of your time the nosebleed won't phase her at all....

No need to even apologise to her next time you see her just act normal...because you did nothing wrong, if you apologise she'll be like 'what for' and you'll have to think of some bullshit explanation, which she will know is bullshit cuz everyone is nervous when they lie...and mark you down for it..

Am I making sense?

If you really truly like this girl then you wont let something so trivial interfere with your chances with her.

Probably your best bet would be to make a joke about it next time you see her. Its no big deal.

I guess i am one of the lucky ones cause I have not been graced with a blood nose yet and I am 50 + days into Tane.

Aw! That was very, very unlucky bb_wink.gif I'm sure she wasn't repulsed though, I thought you were going to say a spot had popped...which, on the bright side, would have been worse. Just make a joke, like someone said, and ask her out again.

I'm not on accutane, but I still get nosebleeds sometimes and my friends all look shocked because they've, apparently, never had one. I last had one which lasted for a 2 hour train ride on holiday bb_doubt.gif

she was probably just shocked, hun.. some girls get really weirded out by blood. don't give up on her, nosebleeds aren't anything repulsive. they suck, but it could have been worse... you could have puked on her or something. and even then, some girls will still love you. wink.gif

My boyfriend, who is not on any drug, can have a couple of nosebleeds during the year. Whithout any reason. From experience, i can tell you that as a girlfriend, i find nothing repulsive about it. I do however worry a lot when it happens. Maybe you confused the expression of disgust on her face with that of concern. Don't let that incident hold you back.

thanks for the support guys, for a minute there i really thought that in her eyes i was the most repulsive thing since nicole ritchie posing nude on the runway......

anywyas, that same night she called, and i was gonna lie about it and say that i hit my nose against the door, but i came clean and told her i was on a drug called accutane, (she is gorgeous with beautiful skin, probably never heard of it) and explained to her that it is a serious drug and im dealing with side effects.

i was so scared, i thought she would never look at me the same, but she was SOOOO cool about it thank god. we joked about it, laughed it off, and i made fun of myself.

anyways, we met up that night at a friends place and hung out, and ive been talking to her everynight since, only been 2 nights, but i think she really likes me, both the way i look and who i really am. so im not so self concious about this acne anymore.

thanks guys.

Guest Captain Chaos
thanks for the support guys, for a minute there i really thought that in her eyes i was the most repulsive thing since nicole ritchie posing nude on the runway......

anywyas, that same night she called, and i was gonna lie about it and say that i hit my nose against the door, but i came clean and told her i was on a drug called accutane, (she is gorgeous with beautiful skin, probably never heard of it) and explained to her that it is a serious drug and im dealing with side effects.

i was so scared, i thought she would never look at me the same, but she was SOOOO cool about it thank god. we joked about it, laughed it off, and i made fun of myself.

anyways, we met up that night at a friends place and hung out, and ive been talking to her everynight since, only been 2 nights, but i think she really likes me, both the way i look and who i really am. so im not so self concious about this acne anymore.

thanks guys.

awwww boy, thats how it all starts out dude! I never had any crazy abrubt nosebleeds or anything, but i met my gf under similar circumstances, and things are damn good now. good luck bro, see it aint that bad now in the end. none of it really matters anymore........