Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lately been having problems with ingrown hairs when i shave. Not minor little bumps but cyst-like size. Usually on my neck line and occationally around my mouth and chin. Any suggestions? I currently use a norelco shaver thats about 2 years old ( top of the line when i got it) and have tried switching back and forth from razor to electric. Didn't help though. I wash my face prior to shaving 75% of the time to soften the hair and go as slow as I can but still get them. I am also on minocyclin and retin a along with elidel cream for dryness. Don't like trying over the counter products (been there done that). Could it just be my skin type is sensitive and facial hair is too. thick? Havn't had this problem in the past. Just started within the last year. Any help?

try menessentials.com they have great shaving products that wont clog pores. I use Code Blue which is an aftershave, its fucking awesome and i never get ingrowns when i use it.

try wet shaving with aveeno's shaving cream (the one listed for problem and sensitive skin).. it the cream coloured can and has oatmeal in it..

i find its the best shaving gel i've used..and it wont block pores. i stay away from any fancy razors.. i stick to bic regular razors.. most of the others give me shaver burn.