Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
noface

Fraxel in 2 weeks

I went for a consult today for fraxel. I'm just super nervous and worried that I may end up as one of those horror stories. I'm getting old and its time to take a leap, though.. Couple questions, has anyone figured out why some people treatment turned for the worst? Is it the lazer dept? The doctor? Pre-treatment? Skin type? To be honest I hear more horror stories than good.

Anyone know a good doctor in GA? I dont feel comfortable with the one I have now. I already made my deposit but I can get a refund if I cancel 3 days prior. I'm being charged $2500

2500 per session? That's crazy. I would refund immediately before proceeding. Top doc in my town (Toronto) charges 700 for full face, and less if it's a package deal.

And have you considered other methods?

2500 per session? That's crazy. I would refund immediately before proceeding. Top doc in my town (Toronto) charges 700 for full face, and less if it's a package deal.

And have you considered other methods?

No, I have not. He was saying that going the old fraxal route would cost more down the line since I would need like 4 treatments compared to 1 or 2 of the new one.

Thats his credentials. http://www.kimfacialsurgery.com/drkim.html

It looks like hes a plastic surgeon not a dermatologist?

I really don't know anything about fraxel, but is the skill level of the practitioner really that important? From what I know, he just bought a machine, read the manual, and used it as such.

Anyways, I suggest you take what he says with a grain of salt and lurk more on these boards. I almost made the mistake too of just jumping to the most expensive laser I could find.