Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KcNicole

My 25mg Spiro log!

:) Hey guys! I am 112 lbs, and 5'4.. I began breaking out in 5th grade... 5th grade! With just the occasional pimple.. though in time it became pretty severe stuff. Years later... I went to the derm almost a year ago, and she prescribed me minocycline, and told me to use a gentle face wash, and she gave me a 10 % benzoyl peroxide wash.. great! After around 3 months, my skin cleared up marvelously, but it didn't last. My acne slowly began to return probably around 6 months.

So I went back to the derm, and she prescribed me tri-sprintec birth control ( generic for ortho) At first this kept my skin pretty clear! But it soon became severe again.. After doing some research I went back to the derm yesterday. I am still on Tri-Sprintec, but in conjunction with Spiro 25 mg.

SO I hope that, that works out for me. ( and to add I am also using Olay sensitive skin foaming face wash, back to using the 10 % benzoyl wash, and I'm using the clinique dramatically different moisturizing gel)

At the moment I have 2 big pimples, one with a white head, and it hurts. I also have 2 medium sized , that have yet to come to head, which will result in 2 other big pimples. I also have a couple little breakouts around, OH and acne scars!

Since I just took my first pill about an hour ago, I will give it about a weeks time and will probably update this. :)

So tell me about your experience with Spiro guys, I will greatly appreciate it :)

Seriously everyone though, I know it's hard, but try and keep your head held high, your acne will be gone soon, so just enjoy the time in between :D

Edited by KcNicole

So! It will be a week tomorrow.. so I thought I would let you guys in on everything :)

At first it looked like my skin was doing better, but now it is covered in white heads.Well not covered.. but I'm not a fan of it. Like when one would go away.. another would come up. Blah blah blah. No new ones at the moment though.. but a lot of bumps.

But my skin isn't looking so pretty.

So I'm not sure what I'm doing.. I may be going off of the spiro, and going back on an antibiotic.

We shall see by the end of today what is going on.

:)

Edited by KcNicole

ANOTHER UPDATE :)

I am staying on the spiro.. but adding an antibiotic to help with the initial breakout, I may end up needing to up my dosage,but I hope not :) we shall seeee :)

Okay! So I'm on

Spiro 25 mg daily

Ampicillin 500 mg

in the morning..

and

at night

Tri Sprintec Birth Control

Ampicillin 500 mg..

SERIOUSLY THOUGH, I am freaking out about my potassium levels. I can't get them checked, but I eat very healthy! Fruits, vegetables, grains.. Turkey burgers.. all of that stuff.

I do have healthy kidneys, but how am I supposed to know if I'm having to much ???

I have never been on birth control, but a general rule is that they take at least a month or two (maybe three) to see full effects. Your skin also has cellular cycles around a month or so, so you need to have patience. Results will happen in time. =)

Also, since you made this into a log I am going to move it to the Hormone/birth control logs. More people with relevant information will view it that way.

Good luck and keep that positive attitude! ^_^

Update time! :)

So I'm going to stop taking my spiro.. only because I HATE freaking out about how much HEALTHY food I eat. I mean seriously.. You should watch what you eat if it's garbage food, but now watching what healthy food I eat? no no no... I don't know much about what I was reading earlier but some people said they gained weight on this pill because when your testosterone is low it makes you gain weight, and because of the blood pressure or something.. so I don't want to gain weight.

So I'm not taking it anymore. Yes I quit cold- turkey. But I was only on it for a little bit over a week, so I'm not worried.

However I still want to update on my journey to clear skin.. so I will keep posting :)

I am taking my Ampicillin 2x a day, and my birth control. I am also washing my face with dove soap, the white bar. I think I'm going to go try the pink one as well :) I am still using the 10 percent benzoyl.. but not 2x a day, and I may do it every other day, or once a night.

I'll let you guys know how it goes :D

x<33

I have never been on birth control, but a general rule is that they take at least a month or two (maybe three) to see full effects. Your skin also has cellular cycles around a month or so, so you need to have patience. Results will happen in time. =)

Also, since you made this into a log I am going to move it to the Hormone/birth control logs. More people with relevant information will view it that way.

Good luck and keep that positive attitude! ^_^

Well that's the confusing thing, at first it cleared me up, but now I'm breaking out again and it is almost my 4th month on it.. still breaking out. I here it can take up to 6th months to see results.. so I don't know. ha ha.

Thanks for moving the log :)

YO Yo :) Update time :)

Sooo.. I don't know.

I think I already mentioned I am no longer taking spiro.. still on ampicillin .. and birth control.

EWW, my skin was nastyyyy.

My Dad actually called the actual derm, instead of my family doctor. So I have an appointment there Friday.

At the moment.. I have like 5 big zits on the right side of my face. They are more like going away.. but they are there. and my other side is okay, just like one big zit thing.

It was like a million, itching, pustules you could say, on the right side of my face. But they are gone. :)

I think some things that had really helped is lemon juice (topically ) and drinking lemon juice. I also started drinking chamomile tea at night, and steaming my face with added chamomile.

I think that helped a lot :)

I'll let you guys know more later :)

Yop , Yop :) ^^

Let's just say I'm not a fan of my skin..

Right now i have like this cluster of big breakouts on my left cheek, and on my right, I have a new one that hurts.. and well other small ones.

My Dad prayed , so I'm going to leave my skin in Jesus' hands.. I will pray about to tomorrow too, which is my dermatologist appointment. :)

I'm not a huge fan of ( well I am a fan of it sometimes) huddling into the house, and not letting anyone see me . ha ha. I love doing stuff. So tomorrow I may hang out with a friend.. but the sad thing is i don't really want to wear makeup like I did Tuesday when I went out ( but my skin is worse now) So yeah, I'm blabbing!

I'll eventually let all of you know about my appointment :D

Hey this is my regimen now

morning

wash with Olay sensitive skin wash

Then apply Benzaclin (it is refrigerated)

Night:

Wash with Olay Sensitive skin wash

Wait 15 to 20 minutes and apply Retin-A

Pills:

2 Doxycycline pills

Tri-Sprintec

My skin is much better :)

Hey!

Sorry you're struggling at the moment. I just wanted to throw something out there for you. BE PATIENT with each treatment you try. Don't give up too quickly because you might pass up something that would be your HG of treatment!! If I would have given up on Retin A and Spiro after three months, I would probably still be dealing with break outs. You really do need to give each treatment it's due course before you write it off.

As a general rule, I would say that AFTER three months, you should expect to see IMPROVEMENT (not 100% clear skin), but improvement. If you're not seeing gradual improvement by three months, then I would first try to up the dose before writing it off, and then give the new dose another three months and reassess.

It might seem like an eternity (believe me, I know), but it's the lesser of two evils. Like I said before, you might end up dumping the one treatment that will keep you in maintenance phase, and then spend the next 5 years bouncing between treatments that don't work at all for you.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!