Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Redskin

Honestly is there anything that can stop greasy skin?

Doesnt oily skin cause acne? My skin is always oily, even an hour after i get out of the shower, adn by the end of the day it looks like my face is wet. WTF can i do to stop this? Are there any special pads or something that actually work?

Some suggestions would be appreciated...

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

accutane is the only thing that has helped me.be4 tane my skin would get soo oily like 3-4 hours after i shower it sucked.I would way rather have dry skin(like i do now cuz im on accutane) than oily skin.

Yeah i got off accutane a few months ago, and the oily skin CAME BACK. Not to mention, once i started to get oily skin, the ACNE CAME BACK. So its been pretty depressing, my face is completely ass right now, plus the greasy skin can be seen from a mile away. And even if the room is dark you can still see someone with greasy skin, so im fucked

Mary Kay has an oil-free moisturizer that might work for you. My mom loves it. I had to stop using it because it dried my skin too much and made it feel very tight because it literally sucked up all the oil. It might work for you though since you say you get extremely oily.

I used to buy those blotting papers. I don't know exactly how to describe them, but they're about the thickness of tissue paper (maybe a bit thicker) but feel different than tissue paper. Clean & Clear makes some, and other brands do, too.

I don't get oily really at all in the winter, so I haven't needed to blot, but now that "Spring has sprung" I've been oily on my forehead again. I didn't have any blotting papers left, and kept forgetting to pick some up so I've been using toilet paper or tissues and they work just fine. Just kind press it into your skin where it's oily (DON'T rub or drag it across your skin) and it soaks up the oil.

You can use the paper you are supposed to put on the toilet the ones you get at the public bathrooms. They work just like the real thing.

Never thought of that!

I washed less and my skin isn't as oily now, if atall - I only wash like once evry 2 days , and only in the shower - i used tto wash 3-4 tiems a day.

I know it's hard but it fixes it.

I washed less and my skin isn't as oily now, if atall - I only wash like once evry 2 days , and only in the shower - i used tto wash 3-4 tiems a day.

Thanks for the suggestions guys and girls. And a question about the less washing technique, do you still take showers? When you say less washing, do you mean with a soap or cleanser on your face, or just water period. Meaning you only take a shower once every 2 days? Or you only wash your face with the cleanser every 2 days

Really? Your skin returned to being super oily? I don't think that's normal. You should talk to your derm.

Yeah, took about a month or two and the skin became even more oily then before i was on accutane. I dont think its normal too, but then again, my acne coming back isnt normal either. The whole accutane course was a mess and ended up doing more harm then good since it didnt even work, but ended up scarring my skin up badly, and making my skin red, ALL THE TIME

Thanks for the suggestions guys and girls. And a question about the less washing technique, do you still take showers? When you say less washing, do you mean with a soap or cleanser on your face, or just water period. Meaning you only take a shower once every 2 days? Or you only wash your face with the cleanser every 2 days

I have oily skin too but i find that washing my face less ( once in the morning with soap/ and once at night with soap) plus taking a shower mid day usually after work keeps my skin less oily. i used to wash my face almost 5 times a day thinking i was helping my oil problem but it actually made it worse/ plus i was addicted to that clean feeling i guess you could say!

also dont wash your face in the shower just use water, and try not to get shampoo on your face cause that can cause acne as well. stay positive :)

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

I think ill probably try less washing from now on, maybe just once a day or so. (I normally do twice, once in the morning shower and once before bed)

I also looked up those Clean and Clear oily blotting papers that AcneSlayer mentioned, and they actually have been getting good reviews, so i think ill try those out, they are inexpensive, hopefully they work!

I thought for 15 years that I had oily skin - Only found out recently that I have DRY skin and I was using the wrong products (comercial acne products) that were stripping my skin of its natural oils and irritating and causing it to respond by producing extra oil and therefore more acne! I found a product call Medicalia MediSmoothe (Post operative skin care) really helped to calm my skin down and return it to its natural state. They also have a great SPF30+ tinted moisturiser - MediProtect and MediClear or MediControl for blemished and oily skin. Best thing I can recommend is to go to a good beautician have a facial and find out for sure what skin type you have.

Guest Timehealsall
I thought for 15 years that I had oily skin - Only found out recently that I have DRY skin and I was using the wrong products (comercial acne products) that were stripping my skin of its natural oils and irritating and causing it to respond by producing extra oil and therefore more acne! I found a product call Medicalia MediSmoothe (Post operative skin care) really helped to calm my skin down and return it to its natural state. They also have a great SPF30+ tinted moisturiser - MediProtect and MediClear or MediControl for blemished and oily skin. Best thing I can recommend is to go to a good beautician have a facial and find out for sure what skin type you have.

facials scare me..

Doesnt oily skin cause acne? My skin is always oily, even an hour after i get out of the shower, adn by the end of the day it looks like my face is wet. WTF can i do to stop this? Are there any special pads or something that actually work?

Some suggestions would be appreciated...

Retin a 0.1% decreased the oil a whole lot, my skin was so oily before i started using retin a 1% and i am taking about extremely shiny. My skin now is normal or dry looking and all i have to do to get rid of that is use a moisturizer and everything is good.