Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
3dpimple

users of hydroquinone 4%

Hello everyone.

I ordered some hydroquinone 4% (lustra) and i also have some hydroquinone 2% available.My questions is, do you apply it only on the spots or is it something to apply on the entire face?

I am still not sure if i use it twice a day or once (at night) and i already know that i have to use sunblock during the day, thanks biggrin.gif

3dpimple

Just the spots. Never the entire face...

I know it's supposedly safe to use 2% twice a day. My derm advised me to start applying at night only, and then move to morning and night if I wanted.

thanks.I started last night with the 2% that i have and i will be using it once a day and see how it goes.Did you notice any changes and if so, how long did it take?

thanks

3dpimple

Hydroquinone 4% can be safely applied to the entire face. The recommended regimen is twice daily until you see improvement, then it can be cut down to once daily and a lower %. A strong sunblock is necessary, hyperpigmentation will return quickly with minimal exposure to the sun. Hydroquinone is only dangerous when applied to large areas of the body. It has been banned in some countries because people were trying to lighten their entire bodies, therefore getting side effects. In the US 4% is Rx only.

Hydroquinone 4% can be safely applied to the entire face. The recommended regimen is twice daily until you see improvement, then it can be cut down to once daily and a lower %. A strong sunblock is necessary, hyperpigmentation will return quickly with minimal exposure to the sun. Hydroquinone is only dangerous when applied to large areas of the body. It has been banned in some countries because people were trying to lighten their entire bodies, therefore getting side effects. In the US 4% is Rx only.

Thanks Richard, I am going to be using Lustra as soon as i get it, i think you recomended that in one of the threads about Hydroquinone.

If applied to the entire face i am curious how it works.The spots will fade away but what happens to the skin that does not have any spots, does it get lighter too?I am sorry if it sounds stupid but i have no clue, I just do not want to make things worse than they already are.By the way, i am going to be using an SPF30, this should be strong enough correct?

thanks again

3dpimple