Notifications
Clear all

Punch Float Progress (Dr. Y)

MemberMember
(@animegirle)

Posted : 08/28/2004 6:01 pm

Hi guys,

I am preparing to head off to New Orleans! Anyone have any pressing questions they would like me to ask Dr. Y?

MemberMember
(@jackiechan24)

Posted : 08/28/2004 9:39 pm

Best way to get rid of redmarks!!

MemberMember
(@acnekilledmylife)

Posted : 08/28/2004 10:14 pm

Fastest way to get rid of redmarks

MemberMember
(@amnesiac)

Posted : 08/28/2004 11:14 pm

Well does he do spot treatment?

Has he had anyone result with more scarring or negative results?

What does he think about dermabration being invasive or the last option for scarring? -> would really like this one answered

Thanks animergirle when are you going in?

MemberMember
(@falnhart)

Posted : 08/29/2004 12:39 am

Hi guys,

I am preparing to head off to New Orleans! Anyone have any pressing questions they would like me to ask Dr. Y? bb_eusa_think.gif

MemberMember
(@chloe646)

Posted : 08/29/2004 2:07 am

So awesome and thoughtful of you animegirl! What's the lightest or lowest setting dermabrasion can go? And are there better modes i.e. maybe chemical peeling for shallow small scars? Basically, would he consider some scarring too mild for dermabrasion? Um, one more (can a very small hypertrophic scar be blended in with dermabrasion?

Thanx!

MemberMember
(@berniec)

Posted : 08/29/2004 2:46 am

if dermabrasion can be performed on a persons back/shoulders

i'my DYING to get an answer to this

thanks!

Bernie

MemberMember
(@bern)

Posted : 08/29/2004 4:09 am

This isn't a question, but just a request for him to retire in 10 years time instead of 2!

MemberMember
(@andrei)

Posted : 08/29/2004 8:03 am

animegirle, so nice of you. thanks. i've been reading your online journal this past weeks nice one, anyway..

I hope you could consider this simple question to Dr Y before the thread runs to 10 pages or more:

Is it bad if I used hydroquinone prior to considering dermabrasion, and do I have to stop using both retin-a and hydroquinone? Thanks god bless

MemberMember
(@animegirle)

Posted : 08/29/2004 8:44 am

LOL! You guys are on the ball. I've got everyone's questions down and will do my best to get the answers. I leave today, punch floats will be on Tuesday. Hopefully I will report back that evening, just depends on how tired I am from the drive. Wish me luck guys!

user posted image

Dermabrasion will be on 9/21/04.

MemberMember
(@jilly410)

Posted : 08/29/2004 9:53 am

If you happen to not have left yet for your trip, could you also just confirm with him the average healing time and likelihood of hyperpigmentation or similar adverse effects(although I know it will vary based on skin type and from person-to-person)?

Good luck, and thanks smile.gif

MemberMember
(@portlandboy23)

Posted : 08/29/2004 12:28 pm

no questions, just GOOD LUCK WISHES! SAFE TRIP... I KNOW UR DRIVING THERE

Have some jambalaya or gumbo for me smile.gif

Can't wait to hear about your progress!

MemberMember
(@ubermensch)

Posted : 08/29/2004 12:48 pm

Does he know of any procedures to treat large thick raised scars on the face?

MemberMember
(@ann_a_bell)

Posted : 08/29/2004 1:31 pm

Good luck girl! wink.gif

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/29/2004 1:36 pm

Good luck, Misty!!

MemberMember
(@smilingeyes)

Posted : 08/29/2004 1:39 pm

^^^second what she said.

Have a nice trip! smile.gif

MemberMember
(@amnesiac)

Posted : 08/29/2004 3:17 pm

I'm also interested in what chloe said, does he do light dermabrasion?

I am guessing it depends on the scars but i am not sure if the procedure needs to be of certain depth to work.

Also what does he think about derma being invasive or last resort?

biggrin.gif

Safe trip!

MemberMember
(@animegirle)

Posted : 08/31/2004 11:20 pm

Hi guys I'm Back!

Thanks for the well wishes. I will post answers and procedure details in the AM. Right now I am beat, long drive, spent last night vomiting after I caught my son's stomach virus bb_eusa_sick.gif and then had the procedure this morning..whew.

I will say Dr. Y is one of the nicest humans on the planet. wub.gif I had 23 punch floats done. 12 on the right side/11 on the left. I have taken pics that I will post in the am as well.

Details will follow.....nighty night.user posted image

MemberMember
(@portlandboy23)

Posted : 08/31/2004 11:22 pm

Hi guys I'm Back!

Thanks for the well wishes. I will post answers and procedure details in the AM. Right now I am beat, long drive, spent last night vomiting after I caught my son's stomach virus bb_eusa_sick.gif and then had the procedure this morning..whew.

I will say Dr. Y is one of the nicest humans on the planet. wub.gif I had 23 punch floats done. 12 on the right side/11 on the left. I have taken pics that I will post in the am as well.

Details will follow.....nighty night.user posted image

MemberMember
(@sadcaroline)

Posted : 08/31/2004 11:23 pm

im so excited for you misty!! and for all of us getting ready to have this done smile.gif yayyyyyyyy

MemberMember
(@andrei)

Posted : 09/01/2004 3:18 am

Glad you made it back ok! 23! Jesus, that means he's going to do 123 on me.
MemberMember
(@andrei)

Posted : 09/01/2004 3:22 am

Oh and I'm wondering... With all of us "Dr. Y patients", and his money out of his marvelous hands, Misty, suggest an Acne.org Mansion for us to hang out! Really.. lol... wink.gif Well, maybe his mansion, and we get to have exclusive privileges. Yay.

MemberMember
(@wantperfectskin)

Posted : 09/01/2004 9:39 am

Wow 23 punch floats. From your photos, your skin looks really good. With that in mind, I will probably need 100. aaaawwwwwww

I can't wait to see your photos.

MemberMember
(@a_beavhotmail-com)

Posted : 09/01/2004 12:13 pm

I concur w/WPS. I don't see it where you'd need 23 from your pictures. But anyways, hope it was a pleasant experience for you. The big D is next, good luck. smile.gif

MemberMember
(@animegirle)

Posted : 09/01/2004 1:02 pm

Okay guys...I'm taking this slow today so bear with me.

These pictures are BIG, but I wanted you to be able to see the details, including my huge pores...lol. Please ignore the little dots beneath my eyes, that is petechiae (tiny broken blood vessels) caused by my wonderful night of vomiting.

**Click on the links to see the pictures.

Pre-procedure

Pre-procedure Right

You can also get a good look at how the TCA CROSS spot looked after almost 2 months.

Punch RightIPB Image

Punch LeftIPB Image

If you look on the punch right picture you can see a tiny sutured area near my eye. Dr. Y had to do an excision because the 1 mm graft got stuck in the instrument, but it is so tiny it's really not that big of a deal. I will post all the procedure details in a bit.