Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
no_hope

Best option for these type of scars?

I dont suggest laser since lots of ppl say that it makes the scarring worst. Try a microdermabrasion peel or AHA/Glycolic acid peel... hope that helps!

I dont suggest laser since lots of ppl say that it makes the scarring worst. Try a microdermabrasion peel or AHA/Glycolic acid peel... hope that helps!

You must be joking...

I also think TCA cross could help. Also excision/punch excision.

Dermarolling could be an option too, as an additional treatment to the ones I mentioned.

thanx everyone for ur suggestions. Im thinking of dermarolling already had microdermabrasions n glycolic acids no luck and im not doing lasers after tons of research on them. excision is an option too im jusst alittle bit hesitant on it.

Guest Timehealsall

cant you excise the small scars and possibly be left with just a shallow linear scar?

cant you excise the small scars and possibly be left with just a shallow linear scar?

supposedly thats how it works !

wt do u think is best option ?

i did 3 ematrix treatments,its been a month since my last one,i havent seen any inprovements,scar wise. my skin looks better and feels better,but scars are still there,i mean i understand it works over time,but after 3 months of doing this and zero change with my scars.so im thinking of dermarolling,but i heard one needs to wait 6 months after laser treatments.so for now im buying topical vitamins,to help my collagen growth that ematrix supposely is for. and i noticed that my skin is so much more gentle that it scars more,i noticed one scar on my forehead,i think its an icepick one,it appeared after laser treatment.i poked it with a needle few times,it got better,whole thing is just so weird...

but scars r still there... :(

i did 3 ematrix treatments,its been a month since my last one,i havent seen any inprovements,scar wise. my skin looks better and feels better,but scars are still there,i mean i understand it works over time,but after 3 months of doing this and zero change with my scars.so im thinking of dermarolling,but i heard one needs to wait 6 months after laser treatments.so for now im buying topical vitamins,to help my collagen growth that ematrix supposely is for. and i noticed that my skin is so much more gentle that it scars more,i noticed one scar on my forehead,i think its an icepick one,it appeared after laser treatment.i poked it with a needle few times,it got better,whole thing is just so weird...

thanks kim! thats the exacty feedback i was waiting to get. althought it might have to do wit certain things like ur k=skin type extc.. look up stem cell mixxed with fat injections! seems to tbe the right cure for us scar sufferers only time will tell..

Pic of your scars. I do not understand how people can say certain procedures don't work when that do not post pictures or at the very least describe the severity.

If your face looks like someone put out a fire with a fork then there is no procedure in the world that will work for you but, that is not the case for many on here.

Pics of E-Matrix

Edited by michael24

Guest Timehealsall

Pic of your scars. I do not understand how people can say certain procedures don't work when that do not post pictures or at the very least describe the severity.

If your face looks like someone put out a fire with a fork then there is no procedure in the world that will work for you but, that is not the case for many on here.

Pics of E-Matrix

a lot of the after photos use different lighting...

Hey 'No Hope'

After looking at your picture I think you should look into getting a few things done. I would begin by visiting a reputable plastic surgeon in your area who performs either punch or scalpel excision for acne scars. Most likely the surgeon will remove the larger deep scars you have and this will leave you with small linear scars which will be much less noticeable and level to the rest of your skin. After this I would then find a surgeon who performs TCA cross. The small ice pick scars you have should be minimized quite a bit where you wont even notice they were there (if the surgeon is good). Last but not least I would finish this off with some form of resurfacing. I cant tell you anything specific at the moment because I'm in the process of getting the E matrix. I'm also considering the Harmony Pixel afterwards. The majority... I'd say 85% of my scarring is gone and the remaining is just me wanting to achieve as close to perfect as possible. I have had all of the treatments I mentioned above and would not recommend unless I had them done myself ; ) I hope this helps. I will update and let you know in a few months from now how the other treatments went until then I don't think its fair for me to recommend anything regarding resurfacing. But having said that the two treatments I did recommend will probably take at least a year to complete. The scalpel excision will be done in one session but the TCA cross could be anywhere from 3 - 8 treatments spaced a month a part. So if your patient you will see results. P.S. If your skin responds well you should also incorporate Retin A as well. Good Luck!

thanks kim! thats the exacty feedback i was waiting to get. althought it might have to do wit certain things like ur k=skin type extc.. look up stem cell mixxed with fat injections! seems to tbe the right cure for us scar sufferers only time will tell..

i don t want to advertise my scars,i don t have before pictures,i only have now pics. i didn t research much before i did the procedure. i was never obsessed with my scars,i just wanted them gone. i joined this site maybe a month ago and i started reading all posts.i didn t even know there are different types of scars,to me scar is a scar. i am now more informed about scar issues,im still in the learning process.my doc suggested me ematrix,he said scars will not go away but they ll appear more smooth. he said the most effective treatment is agressive ablative laser,but the face will have "ground beef" effect for a while and there could be complications with the procedure. i cannot take months off from my work so i chose ematrix which has no downtime what so ever. i wanted more than 3 treatments(which is a standart they say),but when i mentioned i wanted to do 4 rth one the doc appeared worried but said he thinks it would be safe to do another one,which changed my mind,ofcource they ll do as many as i want,its money to them. its relatively new procedure and nobody knows how it works long term,even my doctor. its been out only 2 yrs and i don t want to ruin my skin completely so i went with 3 standart treatments and just use topical vitamins for 6 months,thats when the optimal results should be in effect.

the more i read these posts the more i see that dermarolling helps to improve scars,maybe not all scars but many,so im going to do that after 6 months.something i can do at home and it doesn t cost an arm and a leg.

as to which type of scars i have i still cant really be sure,i think they are rolling scars,they are not deep but noticeable

Hey 'No Hope'

After looking at your picture I think you should look into getting a few things done. I would begin by visiting a reputable plastic surgeon in your area who performs either punch or scalpel excision for acne scars. Most likely the surgeon will remove the larger deep scars you have and this will leave you with small linear scars which will be much less noticeable and level to the rest of your skin. After this I would then find a surgeon who performs TCA cross. The small ice pick scars you have should be minimized quite a bit where you wont even notice they were there (if the surgeon is good). Last but not least I would finish this off with some form of resurfacing. I cant tell you anything specific at the moment because I'm in the process of getting the E matrix. I'm also considering the Harmony Pixel afterwards. The majority... I'd say 85% of my scarring is gone and the remaining is just me wanting to achieve as close to perfect as possible. I have had all of the treatments I mentioned above and would not recommend unless I had them done myself ; ) I hope this helps. I will update and let you know in a few months from now how the other treatments went until then I don't think its fair for me to recommend anything regarding resurfacing. But having said that the two treatments I did recommend will probably take at least a year to complete. The scalpel excision will be done in one session but the TCA cross could be anywhere from 3 - 8 treatments spaced a month a part. So if your patient you will see results. P.S. If your skin responds well you should also incorporate Retin A as well. Good Luck!

hey keep the hope alive.

thanx for ur opinion i really appreciate it ! i am thinking of getting some exscised its just that i am worried with removing the stitches afterwards and the scar end up looking worse from when i i first had it. I also had accutane in the past which i belive slowed down my healing capabilites which also worries me when thinking about doing exscision. Although i am gonna find a plastic surgeon and talk to him about my options.As for tca cross im also a bit worried cuz i am not a big fan of acid.. I really wanan try dermarolling out to see what the buzz is all about! Im curious as to how ur exscision went and what did u do post treatment for the healing? did ur surgeon give u a stich under the scar and another one on top of the scar or just one? how long did u have ur stiches in for? did u have tiny dots from where the stiches came out from ? what did u do after u took out the stiches? as for resurfacing is it nesscesary? if so why ? thanx!!!! :D

Hey 'No Hope'

hey keep the hope alive.

thanx for ur opinion i really appreciate it ! i am thinking of getting some exscised its just that i am worried with removing the stitches afterwards and the scar end up looking worse from when i i first had it. I also had accutane in the past which i belive slowed down my healing capabilites which also worries me when thinking about doing exscision. Although i am gonna find a plastic surgeon and talk to him about my options.As for tca cross im also a bit worried cuz i am not a big fan of acid.. I really wanan try dermarolling out to see what the buzz is all about! Im curious as to how ur exscision went and what did u do post treatment for the healing? did ur surgeon give u a stich under the scar and another one on top of the scar or just one? how long did u have ur stiches in for? did u have tiny dots from where the stiches came out from ? what did u do after u took out the stiches? as for resurfacing is it nesscesary? if so why ? thanx!!!! :D

question? would subsicion help out with my scars at all or only excision?

Hey 'No Hope'

hey keep the hope alive.

question? would subsicion help out with my scars at all or only excision?

Also can i use any fillers for my type of scarring ?

Hi! I don't have any personal experience on scar removal, only on hyperpigmentation removal. However, I do have a cousin who suffers from acne conglobata. Pretty much the worst type of acne you can get.

Her dermatologist has her using chemical peels for her scars. Her scars are still very visible because Imagine having pimples the size of a 25/50cent coin in diameter and raised up off your face. They definitely scarred her face. But anyway, after her several chemical peel treatments her skin actually looks much improved than before. Her skin looked like it was sort of sagging and the skin tone much more uneven, but they improved big time. I'm really happy for her.

But anyway, just letting you know what I have seen with scar removal treatments.

Good luck!

Hi! I don't have any personal experience on scar removal, only on hyperpigmentation removal. However, I do have a cousin who suffers from acne conglobata. Pretty much the worst type of acne you can get.

Her dermatologist has her using chemical peels for her scars. Her scars are still very visible because Imagine having pimples the size of a 25/50cent coin in diameter and raised up off your face. They definitely scarred her face. But anyway, after her several chemical peel treatments her skin actually looks much improved than before. Her skin looked like it was sort of sagging and the skin tone much more uneven, but they improved big time. I'm really happy for her.

But anyway, just letting you know what I have seen with scar removal treatments.

Good luck!

hi up on the moon than thanx for ur input. unfortunatley my scars to doo deep for chemical peels there for it will have no affect. =(

Good luck!

hi up on the moon than thanx for ur input. unfortunatley my scars to doo deep for chemical peels there for it will have no affect. =(

BUMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

so i decided im gonna go ahead with exisison. im stuck between deciding if i should do punch exision or scalpel exision? any suggestions for my scars ?

asking this again. After the excision we have a new linear scar right? What about treating those linear scars?