Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jaybird82

Acne on chest, back, stomach & legs

Hi, I am new to the forum. I have body acne across my entire body. Chest, Back, shoulders, arms, stomach and sometimes even my legs. I've been to a few dermatoligist that have given be vitaimins, cleansers and anti-biotics. It seems nothing ever works and it's just overly depressing. Is there hope to ever having clear skin? I am 29 and haven't tken my shirt off in front of anyone in almost a decade, if not longer. I am looking for a new dermatoligist now but feel like its a waste of my time and money. I have always thought it will go away with age, but at this point, I feel like it will never go away, even with treatment. I know there are other posts that are similiar, but everyone is either younger or has some different circumstance. Thanks for any advice/help.

Hey there Jaybird82, I'm very sorry that you are going through this. There is hope however!

Few questions I have for you before I make suggestions;

How much sun do you get?

What current topical/oral acne products are you using?

How often do you shower?

Can you be specific when saying that you have tried everything?

If you can answer these for me, it will help me out a bit with how your situation is like. I was a body sufferer too, but I am here to help ; )

Hey there Jaybird82, I'm very sorry that you are going through this. There is hope however!

How much sun do you get?

How often do you shower?

If you can answer these for me, it will help me out a bit with how your situation is like. I was a body sufferer too, but I am here to help ; )

Thanks for replying.

I don't get much sun for the mear fact that I am pretty embarresed. Ive debated tanning to see if it helps.

I use mostly OTC products like nutrigena and other body wash's. Also Proactive

I shower a minimum of 2 times a day. Once in the morning and one at night. I feel like if I stay super clean it will help, but this also doesn't work.

When I say everything, what I mean is almost all body wash's and soaps for acne. I also went to a dermatoligists who prescribed me a cleansing foam, cream, body wash, vitamin, anti-biotic and other oral medications. Everything but accutane. I stuck with it for a few months, but it didn't make a difference. It seems to come and go, but it is always there to some extent. All the creams and wash's did was bleach my clothes.

This is the first time i've posted on any forums. I figured it couldn't hurt to get some feedback from people that have a similiar problem. Thanks again,

How much sun do you get?

How often do you shower?

Thanks for replying.

I don't get much sun for the mear fact that I am pretty embarresed. Ive debated tanning to see if it helps.

I use mostly OTC products like nutrigena and other body wash's. Also Proactive

I shower a minimum of 2 times a day. Once in the morning and one at night. I feel like if I stay super clean it will help, but this also doesn't work.

When I say everything, what I mean is almost all body wash's and soaps for acne. I also went to a dermatoligists who prescribed me a cleansing foam, cream, body wash, vitamin, anti-biotic and other oral medications. Everything but accutane. I stuck with it for a few months, but it didn't make a difference. It seems to come and go, but it is always there to some extent. All the creams and wash's did was bleach my clothes.

This is the first time i've posted on any forums. I figured it couldn't hurt to get some feedback from people that have a similiar problem. Thanks again,

No problem, and welcome to the forums man! ; )

Anyways, it seems like how you have said that the creams and washes prescribed to you were bleaching your clothes meant it was an ingredient named Benzoyl Peroxide which has a tendency to do so, yet very effective in clearing up acne.

I suggest you take 50 mg of Zinc, as there could be some deficiency possibly. Get a 10% Benzoyl Peroxide Wash (Oxy, Panoxl etc etc) and an AHA+ Lotion to apply all over after showering. Plus, spite being embarrassed try to get some sun on your back, others may think that it would make PIH(red marks) worse, but it won't do anything other than prolong the process of healing.(With AHA shouldn't be a problem)

The Benzoyl Peroxide Wash should clear up the acne while the AHA lotion would help with the red marks from post acne lesions. I know that you may have tried these products before with no success, but the key is to be consistant with it, and see your progress.

Some AHA+ products you could use:

http://www.danielkern.com/category-s/20.htm

http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/alpha-hyd...1530689-product

Alpha hydroxy acid powerfully exfoliates and helps bring new skin cells to the surface, which can most definitely help the complexion appear smoother. Recently, I decided to make this 10% glycolic acid so we would have the best quality AHA at a good price

Be careful though if you are sun sensitive and apply an SPF of at least 15 if needed.

Edited by Nostradamus

I had terrible body acne before I discovered I'm allergic to sulfates (a detergent-like cleanser that is used in most drug-store type cleansers, body washes, soaps, etc.) I found out that this allergy was actually the main cause of my body acne.

What do you use to wash your body? Also, maybe try using a "free" type detergent for your clothes, because that could be causing an allergic reaction, too.

hey acneslayer, how did you come to that conclusion of your body acne being result of sulfates? Did you get tested....?? Or had you just decided to stop using drug store brands, or changed your detergent by an 'elimination' type method? Just to see what would happen.... and alas you couldn't be more happy I am sure!

Maby you could give this a try it worked for me. (Just search the title) Good luck

How I finally cleared my face and back of moderate/severe acne after 22 years., Regimen and tips

Edited by yzking1276

Don't most soaps and shampoos have sulfate? What are we supposed to wash with? I used heads and shoulders which did help because of the Zinc until I ran out.

Don't most soaps and shampoos have sulfate? What are we supposed to wash with? I used heads and shoulders which did help because of the Zinc until I ran out.

It is all trial and error with Head and Shoulders. Some have a positive effect, some negative(like myself lol)

I ordered some aha and zinc. I've been consistant in the past but never tried this. I have a hard time finding 10% bp in stores. Maybe ill ask my derma. Thanks again. Ill let you know how it goes.

I ordered some aha and zinc. I've been consistant in the past but never tried this. I have a hard time finding 10% bp in stores. Maybe ill ask my derma. Thanks again. Ill let you know how it goes.

Nice man! I'm almost certain that the products will work for you!

Keep in mind though, so you can buy a 10% BP Product;

-BP Kills the acne

-AHA kills the marks

Good Luck Bro!

It is all trial and error with Head and Shoulders. Some have a positive effect, some negative(like myself lol)

LOL it dried out my arms a bit, that was the negative effect.

Please consider a 50/50 solution of APPLE CIDER VINEGAR. The acidity makes it hard for acne bacteria to live on the skin.

I use a spray to spray it on.

My back cysts cleared up alot becuase of using it for 2 months and exfloiating with a loofah everyday.Also in the shower i cleanse with a 5% BP cleanser from a drugstore.

Some blackheads remain on my back but the scars and active pimples are SLOWLY going away.

please give it a try.

Edited by DesiAngel

Please consider a 50/50 solution of APPLE CIDER VINEGAR. The acidity makes it hard for acne bacteria to live on the skin.

I use a spray to spray it on.

My back cysts cleared up alot becuase of using it for 2 months and exfloiating with a loofah everyday.Also in the shower i cleanse with a 5% BP cleanser from a drugstore.

Some blackheads remain on my back but the scars and active pimples are SLOWLY going away.

please give it a try.

Should I use regular apple cider vinegar cause that's what I have and it's without the mother. It's for the body.

Hi Jaybird,

I just wanted to let you know that I had really bad cystic acne on my back for years, and tried many different treatments including different types of washes and all that. I also saw a doctor who gave me some topical creams that didn't work either (actually it was really weird because the acne would go away where the cream was applied and pop up somewhere else on my body). I was also prescribed antibiotics from a dermatologist, which worked, but the acne would always come back as soon as I stopped. Anyway, I always suspected it was something I was eating, although I was told by the dermatologist that it wasn't. Eventually I figured out that it was from drinking COFFEE!! Specifically espresso. Once I stopped having coffee, it took about a week to go away and felt like a miracle. I don't know if it's something in espresso, but I don't think it's caffeine because I seem to be fine drinking green and black tea. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that it worked for me, and maybe something you could try. Good luck!!

Hey everybody, just checking back a month later. I have been taking some anti-biotics prescribed by the doc along with a benzoyle peroxide wash and cream and a zinc supp. The acne seems to be getting slightly better, maybe just more controlable, but still visable. Not sure which one is doing it, but dont care as long as it continues. I think the marks are what are the most visable with some minor breakouts on my back, chest and shoulders. I had ordered the aha cream from walgreens, but ran out quick because it was so small. Does anyone one where I can get a larger amount? Maybe a tube rather than a small jar? I am hoping that the progress continues.

The dermatoligist said that it can be controlled, but is not likely to go away 100% at my age. Not quite what I wanted to hear, but at least he was honest. I feel for everyone else out there suffering from the same. It can change the way you live day to day.

Thanks for the update! :)

The only AHA I know that is sold in bulk is on this site. You might want to invest in it, as it does last a long time.

Good luck!

show us some fukin pictures.

The OP posted this 2 months ago when I had helped him out. I'm sure he isn't going to log back on just to post some pictures.