Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
adamm53

Accutane

Well i begin my accutance today. According to my body weight i am suppose to take 32 mg(i think that is what the doc said) to start. He was gonna put me on 1 40 mg pill for the day but just to play it safe he put me on 30 mg. That will be for one month and then i gotta see him to up the dosage. I really hope this works well i was on minocin and it was working ok, but i just finished the last of the minocin about a week ago so i can feel a breakout comming up. I was 99% clear 2 days ago and last night about 10 pimples came mad.gif . Hopefully i do not experience too many side affects with the accutance and hopefully it will be the end of my acne.

Wish me luck cause the next 4 months is gonna be intresting.

BTW i do not have a digi cam but i do have a dinosaur camera with some film in it. I'll take a mug shot now and prob a few later on. If i fell like posting them i will so later on.

i notice all my arms are sore, the accutance could not make me sore in a few hrs, rite?

I am thinking that its a bit of paranoia as well i went to sleep really late last night and woke up really early this morning, so i am really tired.

The first day I took accutane I went to bed really late and it was KILLING me - not sure if it was the 'tane or the fact I was sitting on the computer till 2am... but someone posted in my journal (after I asked that same question) that the accutane couldn't have those side effects so early on. So i'm guessing that's true...

I just started accutane 9 days ago - Good luck! smile.gif

Day 3 (i think) cannot keep track of the days, that is what summer will do to you.

Well i am tired as well i have a head ache. However, i was out all day and i did not sleep much last nite. That is prob the reason but u never know. I am worrying/waiting for the dry lips, i already got lip balm and am ready for that.

This acne better go away and this 4 months better go by quickly.

my lips arent that bad sicne im using aquaphor, it feels like any other regular day (without tane hehe)...soft and not too dry

hey man, i just recently started accutane also. On saturday, in fact, so this it's been exactly 3 days for me too! Good luck, though, bro. Hopefully we can both conquer this bitch called acne!

I'm on day 52 things are going great.

I got told to take the Tane with a meal or directly after a meal so that it could absorb better and not cause any nausea or headaches.

well yeh i take it with milk or food. Also the headache was at nite rite b4 my evening dosage thus, it was abt 11-12 hrs after my morning dosage. I do really think it was beacuse i was so tired. I slept pretty good laste nite and i am feeling pretty good right now, I am gonna sleep well again and i know i will be smile.gif.

Day 6

Well those 6 days were not that bad, i gusse.

If i do strenous work i get very tired. For example, helping my sister move into her house left me tired, i slept for 11 hrs :|. That was yesterday and i felt horrible. Today i was ok. I do feel slight muscle paint, and i do mean very slight. Nothing that is hurting, just mild discomfort. I do not know what i will do with my gym membership, maybe i should put it on hold :S.

I am really jumping from topic to topic LOL.

Well that is all see ya.

QUICK SUMMARY

get tired easily

slight muscle discomfort

Hi Everyone, It is so nice to read all of your comments/ suggestions, I am about to begin taking accutane and am currently suffering from my most severe breakout ever. I really hope that soon I'll be able to not miss social functions b/c I am so embarressed of my skin sad.gif Good luck to everyone

Well its some day, I forget I have stopped keeping track. I just finished frosh week and I loved it.

My past side effects were:

get tired easily

slight muscle discomfort

My new and now only side effects:

Very mild dry lips

ALSO NO INITIAL BREAKOUT, hopefully I will not get one when my dosage is upped.

If someone wants to figure out what day I am on go ahead, the start day is in the first post. As I said I just finished frosh and I am tired.

day 25

wow almost a month i cannot believe so much time has gone by.

Today i had my first nose bleed and the only other side affect is the mildly dry lips which has been the same for a while.

NO INITIAL BREAKOUT biggrin.gif

A few months back i came off of minocin for 1 week and abt 60 zits popped on my forhead in a matter of a week. I started accutane and i have abt 3 recent zits. They do go down quickely but usually another one will pop up on my forhead a few days later. If i really keep on putting on differin gel i will not get any. The problem is that i have really gotten lazy with putting it on lately. I have not gotten scars, just hyperpigmentation, and i find that it is clearing up nicely with my AHA cream.

Otherwise i am fine the only thing i fear now is the day my dosage gets upped and more nose bleeds while in school sad.gif.

I also find i have a lot of black heads, i think i will try a nose strip and see how that goes, for the rest of my face i mite get that metal thing.

i am doing good, my skin is getting better every. Tonight i will do an at home microdermabrasion and a really light glycolic peel. Its does not make a great improvement it just makes my skin really smooth, and i like to feel the smoothness. LOL

The accutance is making me really clear and very mild side effects.

Life is great, (except for school, too much work)

peace out biggrin.gif

i am doing good, my skin is getting better every. Tonight i will do an at home microdermabrasion and a really light glycolic peel. Its does not make a great improvement it just makes my skin really smooth, and i like to feel the smoothness. LOL

The accutance is making me really clear and very mild side effects.

Life is great, (except for school, too much work)

peace out biggrin.gif

oh maybe your not, :S. If the accutane was making my skin senstitive i would not do it, but really my skin does not feel that much diff, other than very little acne.

Guest 41i5h4

meh.. I'd say go for it if you're only within the first weeks..

there's a lot of hype about accutane, and yes, by all means, it is a powerful drug, not to be messed around with. but my gp told me that a lot of the derms in my area are cutting down on the blood tests and stuff because accutane really isn't causing that many severe problems in patients.

And I find it makes sense. The drug has only been out on the market for 20 years or so, and when it first came out, it was known to cause birth defects, so obviously they are going to be extremely careful with the drug for the first 20 years or so.

Hell, my GP couldn't write me out a prescription for the stuff fast enough (and my acne is pretty mild). I think after all these years of the media scaremongering about the evil drug called isotretinoin, the medical community are taking an more laid back approach to accutane.

Anyway, that's my two cents.

(I'm on day two of treatment : )

-Alisha

You are exacly right, it is not that bad. Now there is still a chance that it may affect you badily but i think everyone should give it a try. If all the other medications do not work well take accutance t for 2 weeks, if u do not like the side effects come off of it.

As well i did not get a blood test before i started. What is the reason for getting blood work done?

DAY 30 ( i think)

I think i spoke too soon as well. I woke up this morning and my knees and feet hurt. Could this be joint paint form the accutance??

neways i have not been drinking a lot of water, i think now would be a good time to start.

Guest 41i5h4

The bloodtest is there to see the levels of different things in your blood and to check to make sure your organs are all working properly. If you have a weak liver, they might take you off, if you have high cholesterol, they might take you off.. that sort of thing..

My GP sent me for bloodwork, but she didn't even question any of the other stuff.. I actually had to ask "don't I have to get a pregnancy test or something" and she was like "yeh, it'll be done with the bloodwork". Other than that, she didn't tell me much, but I think that's because she knows I'm an avid researcher of that kinda stuff..

She didn't even really advise me either way about alcohol, but I figure the issues surrounding alcohol stem from accutane being a severely drying drug, and alcohol is a diuretic, and so consuming alcohol would just dry you out even moreso than just the drug alone.

I figure if I drink a lot of water after having a few, I should be fine.

But I guess we'll figure that out when the bloodtests come back.

-Alisha

i think the whole alcohol thing is to do with the liver. Accutane's a vitimin A derivative and excess Vitimin A is stored in the liveer and can cause damage, so alcohol also being flooded through your liver doesnt help... i think...something along those lines, but definitely liver things.

Doesnt stop me though!! meh he he

Frankie

So i went to see the doc 2 days ago, it was good. I have to go get my blood tested. He said that since the accutance has worked so well on just a half dosage i can just stick with that for 4 months.

i am so tired right now, i will post again tommoro

Ok i will figure a day count eventually, i have a feeling that i am wrong in my other posts.

My lips are slightly dry. The only real side effect i feel is that i am very tired. Rite now its only 10:00 and i need to get in my bed and sleep. I also slept for 1 hr today.

But i am gonna keep on going for it, i love my clearness.I just love it too much.

OH OH

i also am only taking a half dosage. My doc was suppose to double it to 1mg/1kg but he said that since i am seeing such great results it may not be needed. I gusse that is great news for my liver.

As well about 2 weeks ago i gusse that the accutane fully kicked in so for this reason i have stopped useing differin gel.

Another note for ppl who start taking accutnae, i think that using a topical in the begginning can seriously help in warding off an initial breakout.

and if someone wants to be my new best friend u can count the number of days that i have been on accutane, From my first post.