Notifications
Clear all

urine therapy

MemberMember
(@navya)

Posted : 05/15/2011 10:32 am

Hi. I know this topic is strange, but urine therapy has really been working for me. Its been about three weeks since I started. The first two weeks, after rubbing fresh urine on my face, I would rinse it off with water after a few minutes. I realized that the effect wasnt as strong after rinsing it off with water, so I stopped doing that the 3rd week. Now my skin is much softer and clearer. For the past few days, I have also stopped using soap or cleansers and I stopped wearing makeup and moisturizer on my face.

I also broke out a lot the first two weeks. The urine was breaking me out in places where I have pitted scars and I have several shallow scars that are about 8 months old, so I broke out on several of them. Now I just have a few whiteheads that go away in about 3-4 days so it isnt much of a problem anymore. The whiteheads are just the urine's way of pulling out the toxins from my skin and flattening out the scars.

My skin looks so much more even toned and glowy. Except for the few whiteheads I have, it looks like I'm wearing a light layer of makeup; thats how much my skin has changed. My scars arent lightening as much as I hoped but they certainly are not as violently red. Overall my complexion looks much healthier.

My regimen (Morning and night):

1.Wash your hands with antibacterial soap

2. Splash face with warm water in the shower to open the pores (No soap!)

3. Pee in a cup catching the midstream urine and massage gently into the face (I massage it in a few times; pouring a little bit at a time in my hands). Do this for about 3 minutes. Longer the better.

Afterwards do not rinse your face with water or put soap on it.

After you get out of the shower, your skin will look more rosy and after 30 minutes, when you look it the mirror you will notice that the redness of your pimples and marks will have gone down a little.

Also, you may think not using soap is disgusting but urine is sterile and it gets rid of the dirt itself. Soap strips the natural oil and destroys your skins natural defenses.

Nightime (before bed) regimen

1)Pee in a cup (midstream urine)

2)Get some toilet paper and fold it so it is the size of your cheek. Put it in the urine and then on your cheek as a compress. I put it on like a face pack for about 10 minutes on my face and it usually brings the pimples to head overnight or the day after. It also gets rid of the itchinness and pain that is associated with cystic acne within a few minites.

3)Take it off before sleeping and do not rinse your face off.

The compresses are very effective. You can also use them several times a day and they speed up the healing.

Please try it. I did this a few months ago and it broke me out in these small pimples so I stopped, but I didnt realize that it was healing me. I thought the urine was full of bacteria, so thats why it broke me out, but it was actually just cleaning out my pores. Urine is completely sterile and fresh urine has absolutely no bacteria in it if it is caught midstream. I know that within a few weeks. my skin wont have any zits anymore. I remember I had a patch on my forehead like 2-3 inches where I always get red inflamed pimples and it was extremely discolored. The first 1-2 wks of urine therapy, it broke me out in that area pretty badly with three large inflamed pimples, but they came to head and healed in a few days.Now that area is clear and smooth. The discoloration is completely gone and I dont think Ill ever break out there again.

Once urine breaks you out in an area, it never breaks you out there again. It cleans it out completely.

MemberMember
(@trythis158)

Posted : 05/15/2011 8:13 pm

I've been doing urine therapy for a week now. I too have quit using soaps and cleansers on my face. I see a little improvement so far but still have old bumps under my skin coming up and turning into white heads which I assume is a purging process from the urine therapy. I am going to start doing the compress your talking about twice a day. As of now, I have been applying my morning urine to my face with a cotton ball about 3 times a day and leaving the urine on once it dries. I am really hoping this works because I have already tried oral antibiotics and numerous creams and gels from a dermatologist all which made my face irritated and red with little results.

How much of an improvement have you noticed? I don't want to get my hopes up really high just for very minimal results which has happened to me with almost everything I have tried...

MemberMember
(@overthis)

Posted : 05/17/2011 5:57 pm

I just came across urine therapy today. I did a lot of research and have concluded that the concept is legit (I originally thought you were a bunch of trolls). I still have to use soap because I work out a lot and get really sweaty. I just tried this for the first time today. I took a shower and washed my face and used urine like a toner. I do plan to wash it off before my fiance gets home for obvious reasons. I still wear makeup because I have a lot of dark spots from acne. I'm curious to hear what other people have experienced with this alternative treatment.

@trythis: you should google "urine acne therapy". There's a LOT of info.

MemberMember
(@5ive)

Posted : 05/18/2011 1:16 am

This made me LOL are you serious? You pee in a cup and put it on your face?

MemberMember
(@overthis)

Posted : 05/19/2011 12:13 am

This made me LOL are you serious? You pee in a cup and put it on your face?

Not all of us are as fortunate as you. We can't all do nothing and get clear skin. A lot of us have been attempting to treat our skin with every treatment known to man for years and years. This is a last resort for many of us. I think I speak for all of us when I say that we've tried everything else, why not give this a go?

Juicy.C liked
MemberMember
(@navya)

Posted : 05/19/2011 9:38 am

I just came across urine therapy today. I did a lot of research and have concluded that the concept is legit (I originally thought you were a bunch of trolls). I still have to use soap because I work out a lot and get really sweaty. I just tried this for the first time today. I took a shower and washed my face and used urine like a toner. I do plan to wash it off before my fiance gets home for obvious reasons. I still wear makeup because I have a lot of dark spots from acne. I'm curious to hear what other people have experienced with this alternative treatment.

@trythis: you should google "urine acne therapy". There's a LOT of info.

Yeah, like I said, it is not an overnight miracle. I saw the reviews for urine therapy and thats what got me interested. But, you have to be patient with it and not give up. Remember, there is nothing gross about urine. It is only society that has made us conform to standards that are not always true.

Another think I found, was that consuming the morning urine speeds up the healing process a lot. I have been doing it for 3 days and my skin has more of a glow to it. I know it may seem repulsive but now it doesnt even taste that bad anymore. Its only the initial few days that you feel like vomitting because it smells so bad, but the smell dissapears when you start drinking it because your kidneys get cleaned out.

MemberMember
(@navya)

Posted : 05/19/2011 9:55 am

I've been doing urine therapy for a week now. I too have quit using soaps and cleansers on my face. I see a little improvement so far but still have old bumps under my skin coming up and turning into white heads which I assume is a purging process from the urine therapy. I am going to start doing the compress your talking about twice a day. As of now, I have been applying my morning urine to my face with a cotton ball about 3 times a day and leaving the urine on once it dries. I am really hoping this works because I have already tried oral antibiotics and numerous creams and gels from a dermatologist all which made my face irritated and red with little results.

How much of an improvement have you noticed? I don't want to get my hopes up really high just for very minimal results which has happened to me with almost everything I have tried...

Hey, I know exactly what you mean. I've been in the same boat as you. Everthing I try eventually stopped working or I gave up. There is not a single person that will not clear up with it if they are consistent with it and patient. Usually I give up a a treatment after two weeks, but the reason I persisted with this is because I knew all my new breakouts were "purging pimples." When I first started, my skin was very disccolored and it looked patchy (I had about 8-9 pimples), but now it is more even and has a glow. My skin is nowhere near perfect still because I am still purging (I have a lot of blackheads on my chin and under the skin pimples). I have like 3 pimples now and they are very small and not that red or inflamed. But I hope to be clear soon.

Please dont give up! If its detoxing your skin, then that is good. If you dont break out, then you would eventually break out in the future. I have almost been on the verge of giving it up a few times because of the purging pimples, but then I had a stare off with myself in the mirror and I won.

My goal is to use urine and be 99.9 % clear of my acne and blemishes by the time I start college in the fall :)

MemberMember
(@stelopi)

Posted : 05/20/2011 1:51 pm

will it stink or feel sticky when you don't rinse your face after applying the urine?

MemberMember
(@navya)

Posted : 05/20/2011 2:54 pm

No it doesnt. It smells for about 2 minutes, but thats only if you get too close. My skin feels really soft and smooth after massaging with urine, not at all sticky.

MemberMember
(@dearly)

Posted : 05/20/2011 4:39 pm

Oh lord...

I don't see how rubbing toxins on your face would clear your skin, but if it works, I'm happy for you.

Have you considered that maybe it's not the urine that's clearing your skin, but the pH balance of it? If the pH balance of your skin is out of whack and is stabilized by the pH balance of urine, maybe you could try a skin toner that has the same pH balance and see if that works...?

MemberMember
(@navya)

Posted : 05/20/2011 5:46 pm

Oh lord...

I don't see how rubbing toxins on your face would clear your skin, but if it works, I'm happy for you.

Have you considered that maybe it's not the urine that's clearing your skin, but the pH balance of it? If the pH balance of your skin is out of whack and is stabilized by the pH balance of urine, maybe you could try a skin toner that has the same pH balance and see if that works...?

I dont see how exactly it works either, but the fact that its been used for thousands of years to treat acne and that so many people have benefited from it outways the cons.

I know for a fact that it is the urine thats clearing my skin. Actually, many skin products contain urea so it has been scientifically tested to improve skin conditions. I think you're right about the pH balance, and I think the ammonia and acidic quality of urine is helping. But you have to take into consideration that it also has many minerals and antioxidants such as melatonin which are not found in any skin products.

I guess I'm crazy in some ways, because I like trying out weird things for my skin that no one's heard about. But seeing the reviews for it and other forums about urine therapy, I am convinced. Urine substitutes not only as a toner, but also as a moisturizer and cleanser.

MemberMember
(@charliepatton)

Posted : 05/20/2011 6:06 pm

i dont know abot this one

MemberMember
(@trythis158)

Posted : 05/20/2011 6:44 pm

navya im trying to be completely clear for when I go back to college in the fall too! lol well so far its been working pretty good and the best part is no irritation at all. the urine has made my face feel really soft too. i am still purging some of the smaller stuff at the moment but i think the worst part of the purge is over. something you may want to try is turning your sink on very hot to the point where it is steaming and put a towel over your head and the sink to steam your face for a few minutes before applying the urine. tomorrow is day 14 of using urine therapy for me.. hope that this coming week i see major improvements as i have read the third week your face really improves.. may also try drinking some soon i haven't decided yet

MemberMember
(@possiblyhopeful)

Posted : 05/20/2011 8:02 pm

I was using the urine therapy for about two months and really didn't see any improvement. I guess it started off with making my skin tone a lot more even, so that was good. Eventually, it just got worse. It really didn't phase me that I was rubbing piss on my face...strangely. I eventually gave up after getting a rash of some sort on my face. That night when I actually cleansed my face (touched and rubbed it), my skin had never been more rough and disgusting.

I'm back to using my cleanser and have seen improvement thankfully. I hope it works for you though!

MemberMember
(@navya)

Posted : 05/20/2011 8:16 pm

navya im trying to be completely clear for when I go back to college in the fall too! lol well so far its been working pretty good and the best part is no irritation at all. the urine has made my face feel really soft too. i am still purging some of the smaller stuff at the moment but i think the worst part of the purge is over. something you may want to try is turning your sink on very hot to the point where it is steaming and put a towel over your head and the sink to steam your face for a few minutes before applying the urine. tomorrow is day 14 of using urine therapy for me.. hope that this coming week i see major improvements as i have read the third week your face really improves.. may also try drinking some soon i haven't decided yet

Interesting:) I am actually still purging but I can tell that its almost done. The purging phase usually finishes up faster if you stop using soap and products on your face, however it varies from person to person depending on the damage. Unforunetely I've been attending a a social event for the past 3 days, so I had to wear makeup, and because of that I had to wash my face. Now it seems that my purging pimples are not healing as well, so I need to get back to following my regimen more strictly. I only have a few zits to get rid of till I'm clear, so I am going back to not washing my face with soap at I'll see how that goes.

MemberMember
(@navya)

Posted : 05/20/2011 8:18 pm

I was using the urine therapy for about two months and really didn't see any improvement. I guess it started off with making my skin tone a lot more even, so that was good. Eventually, it just got worse. It really didn't phase me that I was rubbing piss on my face...strangely. I eventually gave up after getting a rash of some sort on my face. That night when I actually cleansed my face (touched and rubbed it), my skin had never been more rough and disgusting.

I'm back to using my cleanser and have seen improvement thankfully. I hope it works for you though!

I am really sorry that it never worked out for you :( Are you sure you used midstream urine? If you use the beginning or ending part, then it contains bacteria, so that could be the reason behind your rash.

A few times, I felt like giving up the urine therapy up too, but I stuck with it because I dont want to regret giving it up a month from now. Then, it would just be a neverending cycle of changing my regimen every 2 weeks and I would become completely unsatisfied and hopeless.

MemberMember
(@bonbonique)

Posted : 05/21/2011 12:01 am

Thanks but no thanks...I can never get myself to rub urine on my face :/ glad it's working for you though

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/21/2011 3:01 am

Sounds ridiculous to be honest

MemberMember
(@navya)

Posted : 05/21/2011 11:10 am

As a side note, if you're applying urine topically, it also helps to eat more healthy. Like, drink a V8 or eat an apple before you sleep and the morning urine will be more effective. I've also noticed that the more meat your eat, the worse your urine smells so if you want it to not have any odor, than eat a high veggie diet.

MemberMember
(@trythis158)

Posted : 05/21/2011 10:37 pm

hey navya i have been doing aztec secret indian healing clay mixed with braggs apple cider vinegar masks every 3 or 4 days lately.. i noticed it really has helped with the healing of the pimples that are coming out and makes my face feel great and very clean afterwards thought i'd recommend it to you.. its all natural and organic too.. take care!

MemberMember
(@navya)

Posted : 05/22/2011 12:25 pm

hey navya i have been doing aztec secret indian healing clay mixed with braggs apple cider vinegar masks every 3 or 4 days lately.. i noticed it really has helped with the healing of the pimples that are coming out and makes my face feel great and very clean afterwards thought i'd recommend it to you.. its all natural and organic too.. take care!

Hey, thanks for the advice. I own that aztec clay but it never really worked on a few large pimples so I am a bit wary of using it again. Although I think it might be more effective for those smaller ones like you said. Also, something I tried last night was putting vaseline on a few of my emerging pimples as a spot treatment and they just disappeared. I think vaseline works really great with urine therapy because the urine prevents oily skin related pimples. So far, the vaseline hasnt broken me out even though its comedogenic.

MemberMember
(@navya)

Posted : 05/23/2011 5:22 pm

Ok, I'm down to one zit now and I think I see another small one emerging. Hope they goes away soon because I'm having a party this weekend.

MemberMember
(@trythis158)

Posted : 05/23/2011 7:17 pm

congrats!! i am very jelous! i have a bunch still. my cheeks are done breaking out but my chin and neck/jaw still has a ways to go. i started with borderline severe acne so to not have any breakouts on my cheeks is a good feeling. hopefully just a few more weeks : / hate how much i am letting acne ruin my life and confidence

MemberMember
(@overthis)

Posted : 05/24/2011 10:10 am

That's awesome, guys! Congrats! I'm at the end of week one and I am definitely still breaking out in what I believe are "purging pimples." Hopefully that'll calm down a little soon... Question, has anyone looked into drinking urine instead of just using topically?

MemberMember
(@northlincs4kylie)

Posted : 05/24/2011 10:57 am

I was wondering whether to try this but I'm on medication and on another thread someone had mentioned you shouldn't use your urine if you're on meds as you could overdose on them when you put the urine on your skin!

Does it really seem to be working well for you guys then??