Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

In my mid teens years i started developing acne on my face. After i joined the military, i noticed i started receiving it on my back and chest. Some things i noticed was that when i shave, my acne appears and gets kinda bad. When i dont shave and just maybe clean up my facial hair with some cutters or scissors, my acne clears up, A LOT, and i think drinking water helps too. I would say to the point of it being gone on my face. But, of course the military job i had to always shave, so it would never go away. And of course my current job wants us to shave, but are laid back on it to a point, so i hope to keep it down. My backne and chest acne will never go away. Ive only used a couple products, because they only seemed to make things worse. I feel great about myself when i dont have it, but when it appears, i feel like crap, but still go out and do whatever. I can never go to the beach because i can never take my shirt off. Nor will i ever get a gf because of being self conscious about myself.

The first thing I would say is you have to dispel this notion that your acne is here to stay. A defeated mindset is not going to help at all, much the opposite. I'm pretty new to establishing a good shaving regimen myself, but if you're so sure shaving is the problem have you really looked at all the parts of the process and tried to switch them up?

I don't think shaving causes acne, it most likely just irritates it and makes it inflamed, and thus more noticeable. From what it sounds like you have a pretty mild case of acne, so be happy. What have you tried?

The first thing I would say is you have to dispel this notion that your acne is here to stay. A defeated mindset is not going to help at all, much the opposite. I'm pretty new to establishing a good shaving regimen myself, but if you're so sure shaving is the problem have you really looked at all the parts of the process and tried to switch them up?

switch them up how? Like shave only certain areas that don't get irritated by it? If so, yea I've been thinking about it, but my facial hair is kinda blonde, and not sure it will go well with me lol but if you didn't mean that, what did you mean?

I don't think shaving causes acne, it most likely just irritates it and makes it inflamed, and thus more noticeable. From what it sounds like you have a pretty mild case of acne, so be happy. What have you tried?

I actually do know it is. It has to be. When I don't shave, my acne is gone, vamoosh. It's history. But when I shave, I start getting small red bumps and it seems to get more irritated until after a certain time frame, it goes when I don't shave. Of course by not shaving, I mean not using the part that shaves it ALL the way to the skin, or by keeping a huge long beard. I mean by keeping a little hair by cutting it with certain accessories on the shaver.

But i've tried proactive, which worked for a couple days, then it will come right back, and never completely get rid of it. I've tried Clearasil which only makes me think it works because it burns, but I know it doesn't do anything lol I've tried a couple other things too, but I can't remember sorry, most of the experimenting was done when I was in my early teens, so I don't remember all of them. the thing I use now is called AcneFree Therapeutic Sulfuric Mask. It dries the area out, A LOT. Not to the point where it irritates me, but it will dry it out, and if I use it for a couple days, I will see BIG improvements and be much happier. Recently I shaved because I didn't want my supervisors saying anything to me, so now it is kinda bad (in my opinion). But it is going away, thanks to the mask thing.

And yea I know I don't have horrible acne or anything like that, but I see all these people with no acne and feel I have to shun myself from society. I know I shouldn't because I see people on here with it worse off than me, and I feel for them, but it's just how I feel.

Edited by germanhalo

Hey (germanho) what i find helps after shaving put some sudocrem on the red inflamed spots and dab it in. Bets do it at night So no 1 sees and wash it off in morning what it does is take the redness out of it and dries em up.

Hey (germanho) what i find helps after shaving put some sudocrem on the red inflamed spots and dab it in. Bets do it at night So no 1 sees and wash it off in morning what it does is take the redness out of it and dries em up.

Thanks for that. But I'm not going to shave completely anymore, just to not take the chance. But if I do have to, I'll definitely take your word into consideration.

switch them up how? Like shave only certain areas that don't get irritated by it? If so, yea I've been thinking about it, but my facial hair is kinda blonde, and not sure it will go well with me lol but if you didn't mean that, what did you mean?

I meant like the razor you use (number of blades), the shaving gel/foam you use, if you for some reason shave against the grain, etc. There are a lot of factors there, including the possibility of irritation from products/method of shaving. Just ideas. Best of luck!