Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clint06

Any other Dr's like Dr. Y around the US??

I would think there have to be Dr's like Dr Y on the west coast wouldnt you think? He has to have some referrals. Does anyone know of anyone? California, Denver etc?? Thanks!

Dr. Y trained 6-8 residents a year from the Mayo Clinic from 1972-1986 (I think these are the years but wouldn't swear to it!). So, I guess you could start with the Mayo Clinic and see if they are able to direct you to some of these doctors that he trained.

are the procedures really that complicated? so complex that Dr. Y's practice can only be duplicated by a handful of other doctors? I hope that isnt true

I believe part of Dr. Y's fame comes from him still using the wire brush for dermabrasion. Most plastic surgeons use a diamond fraise which, while safer for them, doesn't always produce the fabulous results that a person can get from the wire brush. But no, he is not the only doctor who can perform these procedures. Just a very well-known, well respected, well-LIKED doctor with a long history of doing dermabrasion.