Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ryan Valmont

Mix tapwater with tablespoons of SALT?

Ok so we have all (well mostly) heard that salt can help your skin...well i've been told this soo many times i forget.

So now it leads me to an exsperement...how about washing your face with water + a few spoonfulls of salt?.

yeah i still wash my face with soap...but wait 10mins or so then fill up ya sink with cool water and add some salt...now so far i'm gonna just try 2 full spoonfulls of salt mixed with water to see any diffrence.

Let me know your thourghts or concerns!

this was from my home remedies post: Wash your face twice a day in warm salty water. This should leave your face oil free without aggravating the acne.

i read that from some other forum a long time ago too and i tried it for a week (only in the evening though). i just filled a cereal type of bowl full of warm water and i put a tablespoon of tablesalt in it. i put it all over my face, let it sit for 10 minutes, and then rinsed with cool water. even just doing it once a day with 1 tablespoon really dried my face out and i didn't see any difference. it also seemed a little irritating and it made my face sting for a while. maybe it's just me.....but i wouldn't do that.

You gotta remember that half a teaspoon of salt in 8 oz. of water is plenty. And don't let it sit; maybe it's just a good exfoliator though, by theory, it is solely supposed to dry you out.

the website i had looked at said to put 2 tablespoons in it! i'm glad i didn't do that. it said to let it sit too. the way you say to do it sounds a whole lot better! so maybe u should try it ryan.