Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Soundnatmosphere

Anyone have similiar scars? Treatment?

Caution! These pics are BIG once you click the "view" button.

They aren't really bad scars...they're not indented so deep like others have...but there are alot of dark brownish marks...They are the type that don't look bad unless you are standing very, very close which I don't allow people to do...lol...I have like 1 or 2 small pimples once and a while but they're mostly kept off by the medications I was given by my dermatologist.

If anyone has similiar types of scars or marks, how did you treat them? I was given Hydrocortisone by my dermatologist...been using em for a few weeks now...don't know how effective it'll be...any suggetions?

Hi, From what people in the know say - 4% hydroquinone is very effective for lightening red marks. Also, of course, brown ones. The pics are a bit blurry, but the cheeks are very easy to smooth with dermabrasion then a filler. (skin is very thick there) You're young and would heal quickly, so you might want to fix up the ol' mug if your acne is mostly gone. A couple grand and you're done with the scars. bb_eusa_clap.gif

Honestly if you do those two things your scars would be almost gone completely? Because im in the same boat as this guy in terms of scars and the placement of them, all mine are on my cheeks, except mine are much deeper. Im not sure what a filler is but i do know dermabrasion. Can someone clue me in on this filler thing. thanks

seether, if yours are deeper than it would be much harder to smooth them. The faq has lots of information about fillers,dermabrasion and such. I just had Restylane injected into my pits btw - Worked like a charm. You have to educate yourself a great deal before yo decide on treatments for craters. There are very hard to fix. bb_sad.gif

I think I may have the same type of scaring, maybe a little deeper, I ca't tell cause the pics are a little blurry. I was thinking wouldn't TCA cross be the best idea for all scars?

Hi, From what people in the know say - 4% hydroquinone is very effective for lightening red marks. Also, of course, brown ones. The pics are a bit blurry, but the cheeks are very easy to smooth with dermabrasion then a filler. (skin is very thick there) You're young and would heal quickly, so you might want to fix up the ol' mug if your acne is mostly gone. A couple grand and you're done with the scars. bb_eusa_clap.gif

im currently doing smoothbeam not sure if its working much. Im just looking for other treatments that may help.

Your scarring, in my opinion, would respond best with dermabrasion performed specifically by Dr. Yarbourgh who is based in New Orleans, USA. Due to the type of dermbrasion procedure he uses, his vast experience, and artistic ability he has gained a reputation as the number one dermabrasion practioner in the United States.

4% hydroquine will reduce your red spots. But it will take up to a year before good results are seen. I suggest you have the dermabrasion forst. If after you have any red spots you can start the hydroquine.

Do not bother with the following two procedures claiming to help scarring: CO2 Laser and Microdermabrasion. CO2 laser has the real potential to make your scarring worse. At best, and I mean best, it will do zip for the scarring, but will give the non-scared sections of your face a nicer tone and evenness. This judgement is based on my experience and many others on this board and elsewhere.

Look at the frequently Asked question section on this board to make yourself knowledgable regarding all the treatments available that claim to help scarring. Good luck.

James

My scars are identical to yours as in size, shape and location. My derm suggest me a chemical peel which I am going to have on wednesday. I will keep you guys posted how well it went. cheers