Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
guy17

icepick scars...tca cross?

I have alot of icepick scars on my face, scars that run into the hundreds. I've read about people and their tca cross treatments, but it seems like they only get a few scars done, so I was wondering what should I use for all of my scars, possibly tca cross?

guy17, You could get the series of TCA Cross treatments and then treat the stubborn icepicks later on with punch grafts. (They take skin from behind your ear for that.)

also i heard that if u r face is bit oily .. cross wont work very well ...

guy17, You could get the series of TCA Cross treatments and then treat the stubborn icepicks later on with punch grafts. (They take skin from behind your ear for that.)

also i heard that if u r face is bit oily .. cross wont work very well ...
tomorrowneverknows, That does not make sense to me. Where did you hear that?

is that like surgery? where they take skin from behind the ear and over the scars? can you explain more about it.. and is it costly?

If your scars are in the hundreds, I don't think it would be practical to do the punch graft from behind the ear as there would be no skin left there. Maybe punch elevation with Dr. Yarborough would do?

oldguy ...

i saw it from .... dr lee's korean website ... (btw dr lee is the guy who invented the cross)

he said when he treats enlarged pores with cross ... he usually squeeze the pores .. to get all the oily stuffs out of the pores ... he thinks that without all the oily substances,, it gives better results for enlarged pores.

funny thing is i saw so many complients from patients who had enlarged pores treated by dr lee ... saying that he is over charging and some of the pores become bigger ...

but ppl with icepick kind of scar ... many of patients had good reviews ...

Do you know Dr. Lee's website address? I can't seem to find it. I have read the article on TCA CROSS, and from the pictures it looks like almost all kinds of atrophic scars were treated successfully.

I just read the TCA Cross thread. Someone in there mentioned they think it is useless for scarred pores on oily skin, because their pores will just refill with oil. I don't buy it. There is a big difference between a scarred pore and a clogged pore, IMO.

Disregarding the debate about oil - It makes absolutely no sense to me that someone would put acid in an enlarged pore in the first place. I mean, the way TCA Cross works is by repeatedly burning the dermis underneath a shallow atrophic icepick scar and activating collagen regeneration until it fills in, right? If you put acid in what is just a small pore, it seems like it would only make a bigger hole. I don't have any scarred pores anyway so I can't even wrap my brain around what they might be. (recent icepicks?)

I think the distinction between an enlarged pore and a scarred pore is that enlarged pores are oftentimes referred to as blackheads, a pore that is clogged with oil and debris, enlarging the pore to the point where it is quite visible.

A scarred pore on the other hand is often the result of a regular zit that left shallow, atrophic (and perhaps redness)--the zit is gone but there remains a shallow scar that looks like an icepick but is usually smaller in diameter and not as deep as an icepick. My forehead has plenty of scarred pores, but no blackheads.

If TCA Cross works on regular icepicks, I think it would work even better on scarred pores (but not enlarged pores or blackheads) .

Also, if you have naturally large pores, meaning nothing has caused your pores to be large that you are aware of and your skin is blackhead free, then there is not much that can be done from what I have read, but this is probably debatable.

Thanks for clearing that up for me folks. Now whenever I hear the phrase "blocked pore," my brain can insert the word blackhead. ph34r.gif