Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Every morning I wake up with this question in mind: why us? The acne is a punishment: it forces you to have a thousand fears, anxieties and phobias, I personally have not come out when the sun is strong or in the hot hours in the evening to avoid direct light in my face and even when I'm with friends or my boyfriend (holy to do) I'm with the lights dimmed. Now that I'm writing are quiet but not so in reality. I fight this for almost 6 years and have not had any results. Walk down the street with his head down if they are make-up (but I feel that my skin has a desperate need) and when I made ​​up I look in the mirror obsessively. Unfortunately, large cysts are seen but at least takes my makeup blush. I cry every night in bed, thinking that I will never have a normal life, going on vacation and sleep outside or in the sea peacefully. This causes me panic even coming to throw myself on the ground with no energy after hours and hours and I shake my mind darkens to ask: Why me? I would do anything to find a solution to stay one month fasting, but the most frustrating thing is that I do not know what the solution!

why this happened to us? One evening I wanted to die: I was with my guy friends have told me, but oh my God what have you done? too much chocolate? I wanted to shout: maybe! 6 years who are not touched a piece of chocolate or food that may worsen the situation ... but they can not understand ... they can go out in the sunshine

To keep us humble?

I am always being told I could model, I should model etc (except for the fact that I'm a shortie!) and I know if I didn't have breakouts I'd probably have an inflated ego :P Therefore, acne keeps me humble!

To keep us humble?

I am always being told I could model, I should model etc (except for the fact that I'm a shortie!) and I know if I didn't have breakouts I'd probably have an inflated ego :P Therefore, acne keeps me humble!

Not the most humble post I've ever seen, I'm not going to lie.

Why us? Well are you dieing from hunger in africa? Are you living in a dictatorship? Are you a woman being discriminated in Iran? Are you someone who grows up in the "hood" in america? Or loose your parents? Have an incurable deathly disease? Are disabled?

Comon we are still lucky if you look at the average human on this planet. Next time think of what you have instead of what you dont have...

Edited by joris

Sorry to greeneyes, that was such a moody post. Honestly, just a bad mood nothing intended I'm sure your a very lovely, beautiful and humble person. Lots of luck, everyone. x

Sorry to greeneyes, that was such a moody post. Honestly, just a bad mood nothing intended I'm sure your a very lovely, beautiful and humble person. Lots of luck, everyone. x

That's cool of you to be so considerate! Exemplary.

To keep us humble?

Not the most humble post I've ever seen, I'm not going to lie.

haha

it's like this. acne is just one more condition people live with. everyone has something they're insecure about. in our case its acne, and we cannot hide it because our appearance shows it.

I personally believe it is okay to feel like shit if you must, but you also gotta be able to forgive your self and accept your self. IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT. this was just the way life presented itself, not just for acne, but for all the things that happen to you everyday.

Acne, it really is annoying, beyond hell for some of us. but if there is no one to blame, why chastise yourself so much? you're a good human being, you deserve to be happy, or at least to try to be happy. for yourself, because you're worth it.

take care.

Edited by shallowbastard

I ask this question as well.

But not about acne, I ask it about my clinical depression and severe anxiety. Why do I have these chemical imbalances in my brain? Why is it that even when everything in my life is going perfectly, I still feel so depressed that I want to die?

Compared to my depression, my acne is nothing. It's aesthetic. And honestly, (and I know people are going to get mad at me for saying this) it seems pretty darn shallow to me to be that upset over acne. IT'S JUST ACNE PEOPLE!

Totally agree. I've just posted something regarding my own depression here:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/heard-Sec...html&st=160

I think, thanks to the wonderful words of one of the most amazing people I have ever met, I may be getting to the bottom of it.

It hit me recently that despite having somewhere to live, a job and things that I would usually enjoy, I didn't actually want to be here. What the hell is that all about? I'm not starving, I have total freedom and a life that I could live. No reason not to get on with it, enjoy life, enjoy being me, value myself and see myself the way others do. The only thing getting in the way of my own happiness is me.

I'm now thinking that it's necessary to find that key which opens it all up. I've always thought of depression as being restrictive and everything's kind of closed off. It's like a fog which suppresses everything. If my mind is caged, metaphorically speaking, then I need to find the key to open the lock. I need to find the colours and replace that grey fog. To me, those colours can be found in my hobbies, my creativity and my passion for photography. I guess we all just need to find our own colours, so to speak.

As for, "Why us?" or "Why me?", I find that I only ask this question when I'm feeling full of self-loathing and I'm simply wallowing in my own self-pity. I feel it by asking that question and telling myself that I deserve it. Of course I don't deserve it. Everyone deserves to be happy. By definition, I can't feel as though I'm being punished because I've never done anything wrong to anyone. So all I can do is try and channel this and turn the negatives into positives. If nothing else, acne has made me a better, more compassionate and more understanding person. That is an amazing thing and I have to put it to use. The only problem is that acne didn't make me stronger. I allowed it to make me weaker. So first I need to lift the fog, get my strength and belief back, then I can put those good qualities to use.

:)

But not about acne, I ask it about my clinical depression and severe anxiety. Why do I have these chemical imbalances in my brain? Why is it that even when everything in my life is going perfectly, I still feel so depressed that I want to die?

Compared to my depression, my acne is nothing. It's aesthetic. And honestly, (and I know people are going to get mad at me for saying this) it seems pretty darn shallow to me to be that upset over acne. IT'S JUST ACNE PEOPLE!

Edited by PaulH85

I know I say this to a lot of people, but I just want to hug you. I have those feelings about wanting to die too. I've felt that way over other problems in my life but lately, the depression seems to center around my acne and self image issues. (I do know there's a lot more going on than just my skin condition, that I'd still have some self image issues if my skin was flawless; however, I think I'd feel a little weight off me if my skin was flawless...). I've also had thoughts that I'm being shallow for being upset over my acne. Usually when I'm upset and anxious about my skin though, what I'm really upset about is how will this affect me socially. I have a strong fear of rejection and ridicule. Without that fear, acne would be nothing and many cosmetic companies would lose a lot of business.

I know I say this to a lot of people, but I just want to hug you. I have those feelings about wanting to die too. I've felt that way over other problems in my life but lately, the depression seems to center around my acne and self image issues. (I do know there's a lot more going on than just my skin condition, that I'd still have some self image issues if my skin was flawless; however, I think I'd feel a little weight off me if my skin was flawless...). I've also had thoughts that I'm being shallow for being upset over my acne. Usually when I'm upset and anxious about my skin though, what I'm really upset about is how will this affect me socially. I have a strong fear of rejection and ridicule. Without that fear, acne would be nothing and many cosmetic companies would lose a lot of business.

Awww thanks!

My depression doesn't center around anything really. It's like my depression makes things bad... the bad things don't make the depression. If that makes any sense.

"Why us?"

I know it's selfish, and I shouldn't let it affect me so much, but I was thinking exactly that this morning. My skin is so bad today that I stayed home, didn't go to university. I can't help crying when I look in the mirror today. I wish there was something to make me stronger about it but lately everything I try has done nothing. How do you guys remain so strong? I'm a wreck.

Why us? Why not us? Why them? Why not them? There is only one mode, one path, one reality. One set of results. One set of being. One set of existence. In other words "it is what it is."

Why are some humans born as starving children in Africa? Why are some people born into a totalitarian regime like North Korea? Why are some people morbidly obese? Why do some people get cancer? Why do some people have schizophrenia? Why do we have acne? Why anything?

Because of one thing: chance. The luck or the misfortune of the draw.

Everyone has problems. Everyone has insecurities and something wrong with them. At the end of the day we will always have to face ourselves in the mirror alone -- and reflect. We must not resort to self-pity or depression. We must not depend on anyone or anything else. We must map out our own salvation. We must be our own leaders and our own deliverers.

Good I'm glad! Now someone needs to make my day. I'm sick with mono. AHHH! :(

Hope you feel better soon. I love your hair by the way. :)

Good I'm glad! Now someone needs to make my day. I'm sick with mono. AHHH! :(

Hope you feel better soon. I love your hair by the way. :)

I loved it, too. Then I chopped it all off, and it was nice for a while, but now I'm realizing my summer look just isn't the same without long hair. Grrr. Thanks!

"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand."

-Randy Pausch

Edited by biggs881