Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ive heard that aloe vera gel moisturises, heals and reducess redness of your face so i tried it whilst i was on accutane, bad mistake because although it decreased redness, it made my skin very tight and even dryer. Now that im off accutane i have loads of red marks and tying to recover my skin should i start using it again? anybody seen benefits from aloe vera gel for any skin problem other than sunburn?

I have a bottle of it from vaseline which sais it's 100% aloe vera gel and does feel and smell like it but it could be another con, it sais its body gel so does that mean i cant use it on my face? if its 100% then should it matter?

thanks in advance

For me it's very lightly moisturizing, but only when it comes from the leaf. The bottled stuff makes my skin feel dry.

I think it would make a good supplemental part of regimen, but I would not think it'd be great for the sole moisturizer for many people.Always worth a shot though.

Jasons 98% Moisturizing Gel works wonders! I use it in between my differin/clindamycin on nights when my skin needs a rest, and I do not break out with it. It helps to heal existing pimples. I didn't believe it, but I tried it, and it worked. Hopefully it will do the same for you! But yes, you need the natural kind 97-98% pure, if you don't have the pant. The ones from walmart are no good, they are made cheaply with alcohol in them, maybe that was why your face was tight? I don't even like fruit of the earth, but that's my preference. I get Jasons at whole foods :D

Edited by Melie87

Guest Timehealsall

is aloe vera effective in healing red marks from acne... and healing acne lesions?

There is no such thing as commercially made 100% aloe vera gel. They have to add preservatives and most of the time, thickeners. If you can't get aloe straight from the plant, look for products that are 98-99% aloe vera (check the ingredients list! Aloe should be first...!).

Also, the colour of aloe should be mostly clear... if the "gel" is bright green/etc, dye has been added and people with sensitive skin may find this irritating.

Personally, I use Lily of the Desert's 99% Aloe Vera Gelly. I make a small batch of homemade "moisturiser" by adding a little bit of veggie glycerin to it (with 5% niacinamide and N-acetyl-D-glucosamine, which are supposedly good skin lighteners). I also find aloe gel straight from the bottle to be a bit too drying, hence the glycerin. :)

Honestly, I don't think it's helped my red marks ~drastically~, but it's really great at calming down my skin when it gets irritated and red.

i use Fruit of the Earth 100% aloe vera gel

you can find reviews on makeupalley.com.

ive been using it for a while and yes, alone it can be drying

but i add a drop/squirt of it to my moisturizer and mix it all around and that way its not drying at all.

i do find that the quality of my skin looks better