Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
freakNpink

Dumbass people I work with...

A few weeks ago I some how got in a conversation with a co-worker that had me explaining that I had acne..(no shit)..they asked me what happened to my face :wall: ..I then felt angry and embarrassed...they then asked me if I WASHED MY FACE..are you fucking kidding me...really just wanted to punch them.

So I guess people I work with just assume I smear grease on my face before I go to bed at night and never wash it off...WTF.

One thing ive gotten out of having acne - I will never be that fucking ignorant

Edited by freakNpink
A few weeks ago I some how got in a conversation with a co-worker that had me explaining that I had acne..(no shit)..they asked me what happened to my face :wall: ..I then felt angry and embarrassed...they then asked me if I WASHED MY FACE..are you fucking kidding me...really just wanted to punch them.

So I guess people I work with just assume I smear grease on my face before I go to bed at night and never wash it off...WTF.

One thing ive gotten out of having acne - I will never be that fucking ignorant

I cannot describe how many times I've been there. With the amount of grease on my face, I have received a lot of questions, especially in my childhood. At one point in my ninth grade year, I was applying a topical form of a prescribed retinoid creme; it made my face extremely red, as if I had a sunburn all the time. My face was incredibly hot and flushed most of the time. I was uncomfortable enough without high school kids with limited knowledge of physiology asking "why is your face so red??" It was emotionally scarring. I have also had small children ask me about my face, which makes me leery of their naivety; it's not their fault. They just don't know. I've also overheard guys say "oh, why would I dig her? She has red dots all over her face." Wow. Just wow. I don't think I'll ever recover from that, honestly. I hardly want to touch people. I don't want to give hugs or shake hands because I feel like people don't want to come in contact with someone that looks diseased. It hurts. I don't treat people with disabilities or diseases differently, but I'm also not attracted to people with the same condition that I have. It's sad really.

People say things like that to hurt your feelings and make you depressed. Their day will come when someone puts them down nine times worse!

I hope you can get some better co-workers .

People are $hit! :snooty:

Keep your head and spirit high! :D

Hey, I'm really sorry you had that experience. :confused: I've had my share of conversations like that, but I've learned that no one can force a conversation. You don't have to answer them if you don't want to. If I don't want to discuss a topic, I'll tell them just that. If they are rude enough to ignore my wish, I tell them they're being rude and then walk away. They can babble to themselves.

Edited by charlie700

Thankfully the people I know who say that have flaws of their own, so I just mock them:

- "Well at least I have breasts"

- "I'm sorry, can't hear you with all the thunder coming out of your huge thighs"

- "Holly cellulite!"

Immature, I know, but it makes people shut up.

Thankfully the people I know who say that have flaws of their own, so I just mock them:

- "Well at least I have breasts"

- "I'm sorry, can't hear you with all the thunder coming out of your huge thighs"

- "Holly cellulite!"

Immature, I know, but it makes people shut up.

Then you're letting them win. You're no better if you retaliate.