Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SLUIS717

small, whiteheads(bumps)- how to get rid of them

So, I've noticed my face has looked pretty good lately, I've had a few big ones and i have a couple acne scars, but what's really making me mad are these little buggers. I am washing with proactive twice a day but i usually dont put the BP on during the school day. I drink lactose milk and hardly any sugar. I also have penut butter sandwhices for lunch and i drink about a bottle fo water a day

You cannot see them in pictures, i just got lucky here and captured them on camera ;). Well i mean they dont show up unless in certain lighting but

Any ideas on how to get rid of these guys!!!

picture here

http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr20/sl.../sddfasd005.jpg

dont tell me how to treat the bigger red ones, because those are the least of my worries, i just need to know how to treat these small ones that u can see

ps

BP is not getting rid of them!!!!

Edited by SLUIS717

i have that stuff too. i changed my diet completely and stopped washing my face with harsh chemicals and they have started to go away. i used to use bp all the time and it might have irritated my face to the point where it would actually cause those. i hate em! rough skin sucks

i have that stuff too. i changed my diet completely and stopped washing my face with harsh chemicals and they have started to go away. i used to use bp all the time and it might have irritated my face to the point where it would actually cause those. i hate em! rough skin sucks

so are you saying to stop using proactive and all other medications, except spot treating on bigger ones?

Cut a clove of raw garlic in half and press it to the pimple for 3-4 seconds. It dries out the pimple even better than BP - especially the smaller ones. But be careful, don't leave it on too long because garlic can burn your skin.

only if you change your diet also, or else it would probably just get worse or not better. in my case, bp, cleansers, and topical creams never cleared me completely and I had to rely on them just to stay mildly ok, but when you have those on you always have to worry about moisturizers/ sunscreen and it just takes up too much time to do all of that. acne is telling you something is wrong in the body and for many people its the diet. its worth a try and you might be able to stop worrying about putting things on your face. spot treating would still be ok. if you need tips on proper diet, check out the holistic section. many people have found their solution there.

Cut a clove of raw garlic in half and press it to the pimple for 3-4 seconds. It dries out the pimple even better than BP - especially the smaller ones. But be careful, don't leave it on too long because garlic can burn your skin.

they are so friggen annoying, any chance they are ingrown hairs or something from the result of shaving, but just with water and a dispoable,?

they are so friggen annoying, any chance they are ingrown hairs or something from the result of shaving, but just with water and a dispoable,?

I have the bumps too. I recently went to get a facial. The esthetician told me it was called milia. That only a dermatologist can get rid of them. Basically it's a pore that was clogged and more skin grew over it. The derm can break it open properly, drain it and it's gone. I don't think BP is going to get rid of it. Since it's skin not shedding using BHA or AHA might help but talk to your derm.

In my case the lady gave me a facial and did some black head extractions. In the process some of the milia came out on their own. I guess I just need some good exfoliation. One cheek they came out on their own the other not so much so I'm going to see the derm.

How long have you been using proactiv? If it's recently like within a year, I would take it into consideration. When did the bumps appear? I'm guessing it's either clogged pores, ingrown hairs, or milia as was mentioned. This almost looks like the type of acne I had on my forehead and neck, when I switched to a particular type of makeup. If you think it's related to shaving, there's a blog on this site where Dan describes how to shave that reduces irritation. Acne sucks, I know!

How long have you been using proactiv? If it's recently like within a year, I would take it into consideration. When did the bumps appear? I'm guessing it's either clogged pores, ingrown hairs, or milia as was mentioned. This almost looks like the type of acne I had on my forehead and neck, when I switched to a particular type of makeup. If you think it's related to shaving, there's a blog on this site where Dan describes how to shave that reduces irritation. Acne sucks, I know!

well like i used it for like a year and a half and then switched to phisoHEX and used that ffor almost a year and then i went to phisoDERM and used that for half a year and then back to proactive for like 6 weeks.

I find i need to switch medicins every 6 weeks.

You should stop using proactiv, my experience with proactiv wasn't good it caused me to get a lot of those little pimples(white heads) and they didn't go away till i stopped using it completely and started trying other products. Best bet is to stop using proactiv over all and use a gentel cleanser and moisturizer dont use acne fighting products for a while.

You should stop using proactiv, my experience with proactiv wasn't good it caused me to get a lot of those little pimples(white heads) and they didn't go away till i stopped using it completely and started trying other products. Best bet is to stop using proactiv over all and use a gentel cleanser and moisturizer dont use acne fighting products for a while.

im just nervous it will get worse, you know? like im holding it off with a strong cleanser but i want it to get better but im scared to try stuff and then for it to get worse