Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Purple_Brooklyn

Is it OK to moisturize more than twice a day?

I am at three weeks in the regimen and around 2 or 3 my face becomes very dry again. Can I just put more moisturizer on or should I do a water rinse then moisturize? bb_icon_confused.gif

Also these flakes drive me nuts!!! I find my self scraping it off with my nails or rubbing them off with a towel. I know very bad!

What else can I do? Am I just stuck with them? unsure.gif

Thanks,

Brooklyn

i'm on botchla's regimen and for a while my skin was getting so flaky and dry - it was terrible! i was putting moisturizer on every couple hours and sometimes more! i only rinsed with water first if there were visible flakes (which in most cases there were). i don't think it can do any harm. what helped me get rid of the flakes/dryness was putting a thin layer of fruit of the earth 100% aloe vera gel on and then moisturizer so my face wouldn't get tight. try not to scratch or rub the flakes off - that can be very irritating to your skin. when my flakes got really bad i sometimes took a tweezer and picked them off one at time. it took a while but at least it was irritating my skin. hope this helps. good luck with the dryness and it's probably just your skin getting used to the BP.

i'm not too sure about the aloe clogging your pores. it hasn't caused me any trouble so far and i've read on other forums about people using it. i don't remember anyone mentioning that so i guess (hope!) not.

yes my face is like that today dry.gif and no matter how much moisturizer i put on, it doesnt make a difference! augh!

2 suggestions,

1) Switch to Eucerin Renewal Moisterizer if you aren't on it.

2) Drink a lot of water during the day

Eucerin is supreme in getting rid of flakes and keeping your face moisterized throughout the day and drinking lots of water also keeps your face moisterized, reducing flakes a good bit.

Purple,

* what is your cleanser? - if it is a bar product consider changing to a liquid cleanser like cetaphil.

* how long are you cleansing for? - should be no longer than 10 seconds

* avoid water on your face at other times - water is ph 7 and will contribute to skin dryness - so don't stand with your face under the shower etc.