Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
golfballer

neosporin scar solution sheets

Description

Significantly improves the appearance of existing scars. Helps prevent the formation of scars on newly healed wounds. Does not contain antibiotics. Neosporin Scar Solution contains 28 silicone scar sheets that are indicated for use on raised and discolored scars. Silicone sheet technology is clinically proven to significantly improve the appearance of scars and has been used by burn centers and plastic surgeons for years. Each sheet is thin, self-adhesive and fabric-backed, which makes Neosporin Scar Solution convenient to wear under clothing. Neosporin Scar Solution sheets are effective on keloids and hypertrophic scars, which are distinguished by a raised and discolored appearance. These scars may result from burns, surgical procedures and minor skin injuries. Neosporin Scar Solution sheets use patented Silon technology, and are believed to mimic the natural barrier function of normal skin& improving the appearance of scars, both new and old. Silicone sheets have been shown to improve the appearance of scars, even those that are years old. Sheets measure 1.5 inches x 2.75 inches.

----------

anyone try this yet?

i just came back from the store while getting myself a tube of neosporin and got to see actually how big the sheets are.. their pretty big.. if it does work on acne scars you'll have to cut them.

so the question is has anyone actually tried this out? and is it safe for acne scar use?

I have keloids, and a person at my clinic told me that they got rid of their scars with Neosporin scar sheets. I couldn't find them at the time at any store, but i found Curad Silicon sheets, so far i've been using them for about 2 1/2 weeks and haven't really seen any results, but the instruction says that i'll see results in about 8 weeks. So i'm still waiting. I dont know if u want to try The Curad Sheets, there about $15.00. My mom just got me the Neosporin Scar sheets, but i haven't used them yet, because i'm still tring the Curad ones.

Hi, I forget who, but someone on this board said that covering scars with Vaseline works just as well as silicone sheets. I guess the covering is the key to success. I don't know that it's true but it makes perfect sense. Band Aid Method, anyone? (btw you all still have not been discussing the Jan Brady Method. as I requested.)

Jan Brady method? whats that..

as for vaseline, you mean its for concieling scars or slowing healing them.. also i wanted to see if anyone had any luck with the neosporin scar sheets because they are way expensive. im also wondering how you/your going to apply them on.. like do you cut out the patch so it perfectly coveres your scars? cause like i mentioned in the first couple posts their really big (size of your hand, more or less)

well the Curad sheets are pretty big too, but yeah, it says that you just cut them to an appropriate size.

I am currently using the Curad sheets. I am still trying to decide if its only in my head or if it is really toning down the discoloration of my scar.

It seems like since I have been using them my scars blend in with my normal skin better. (but again it could be in my head) Wishful thinking.....