Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ready4change

Five weeks and no improvement...

I've been on the regimen for five weeks now and am starting to get very discouraged. My skin has not improved at all...if anything it has gotten worse! The breakouts I have now are the worst I've had in my life (and I've been battling acne for the past 10 years), and recently the dry skin has gotten really bad, to the point where I can't even wear any makeup because the flakiness is so intense. I've been trying to follow the regimen exactly, I'd say I only stray from it about once a week (I won't do it properly at night one night because I'm staying at my boyfriend's place, but I always keep to it again the next morning). I know I shouldn't stray from it at all and I'm going to stick to it precisely for the next two weeks, but it doesn't seem to get any better or worse when I miss a night.

I bought some jojoba oil this week and have begun using that to control the flakiness and I think it is working slowly but surely. The breakouts just keep appearing, though, and they don't seem to be stopping at all. Will AHA work? Is now a good time for me to start using it?

Is there a chance that maybe the regimen just won't work for me? Is it normal not to see any improvement after being on the regimen for 5 weeks? I haven't been tracking to Dan's "What to Expect" at all, which worries me. I know some people say it takes 4-5 months to get clear, but is it normal for it not to be clearing at all in the first month, and to actually be getting worse? I need some encouragement to stick to the regimen!!

Be quiet baby, 5 weeks is too early to see good results, if you see that increase is because you are removing all, really good results within a few months, I recommend that you use fat-free moisturizer, no oils, avoid the sun, wear sunscreen every case greater than 30 fps

I've been on the regimen for five weeks now and am starting to get very discouraged. My skin has not improved at all...if anything it has gotten worse! The breakouts I have now are the worst I've had in my life (and I've been battling acne for the past 10 years), and recently the dry skin has gotten really bad, to the point where I can't even wear any makeup because the flakiness is so intense. I've been trying to follow the regimen exactly, I'd say I only stray from it about once a week (I won't do it properly at night one night because I'm staying at my boyfriend's place, but I always keep to it again the next morning). I know I shouldn't stray from it at all and I'm going to stick to it precisely for the next two weeks, but it doesn't seem to get any better or worse when I miss a night.

I bought some jojoba oil this week and have begun using that to control the flakiness and I think it is working slowly but surely. The breakouts just keep appearing, though, and they don't seem to be stopping at all. Will AHA work? Is now a good time for me to start using it?

Is there a chance that maybe the regimen just won't work for me? Is it normal not to see any improvement after being on the regimen for 5 weeks? I haven't been tracking to Dan's "What to Expect" at all, which worries me. I know some people say it takes 4-5 months to get clear, but is it normal for it not to be clearing at all in the first month, and to actually be getting worse? I need some encouragement to stick to the regimen!!

What type of breakouts are you getting (e.g. whiteheads)? What products are you using on the regimen (e.g. what brand of moisturiser, cleanser, bp)? How often do you clean your bed linen, especially your pillow cases? Do you have acne scars/marks?

What type of breakouts are you getting (e.g. whiteheads)? What products are you using on the regimen (e.g. what brand of moisturiser, cleanser, bp)? How often do you clean your bed linen, especially your pillow cases? Do you have acne scars/marks?

The breakouts are red, swollen bumps all over my forehead, cheeks and around by mouth. About half of them turn into whiteheads and I've been trying hard not to pick at them so that hopefully they heal. I have noticed that the whiteheads seem to go away more quickly than before I was on the regimen though. I'm using all of Dan's products (cleanser, BP and moisturizer) and some pure jojoba from Whole Foods, and I've been changing my pillow cases every week. the breakouts from the past several weeks have been leaving scars, and I've been noticing that I tend to get breakouts in the same scarred places...

I know that 5 weeks is early, but from what I've read on the boards, usually people are seeing some results by then, even if it isn't total clearing. My acne has definitely gotten worse so any advice on what I might be doing wrong would be so helpful! Thanks :)

Are you sleeping in make-up when you stay at your boyfriend's place? Sweating in make-up? I know that makes me break out.

I didnt stop hardcore breaking out until i was on dan's regimen for 2 1/2 months. it was bad haha.

I know how depressing and frustrating it can be waking up to new pimples EVERYDAY, and they take forever to fade away. trust me, it get better.

I started the regimen on jan 1st and I just recently am totally clear. it takes time, but it's sooooooo worth it. I have my confidence back and I feel great!

please hang in there!

I didnt stop hardcore breaking out until i was on dan's regimen for 2 1/2 months. it was bad haha.

I know how depressing and frustrating it can be waking up to new pimples EVERYDAY, and they take forever to fade away. trust me, it get better.

I started the regimen on jan 1st and I just recently am totally clear. it takes time, but it's sooooooo worth it. I have my confidence back and I feel great!

please hang in there!

Thanks! That's encouraging to hear. The 4-5 month mark seems to be the sweet spot for most people, so I'll just keep trucking along and hopefully get some results by then. It seems like such a long time at this point, but I know it will be worth it. I'm glad you're finally clear! Congrats :)

And yes-- I'm guilty of sleeping in makeup sometimes. I know it's killer but its so embarrassing not to! I'm going to try to be very diligent for the next few weeks and see if it really makes a difference though. Thanks for all the help!