Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sean j

Using TCA on raised scar tissue

Posted

Basically, I listened to some dumb advice on here 3 years about how leaving Head & Shoulders on overnight will remove all the red marks after they scab off... Instead it left me with scarred white raised bumps all over my upper back and shoulders which I believe is just scar tissue. My fault for listening to stupid advice in the first place.

So how would TCA work on me? Could it possibly level these bumps?

Guest Timehealsall
Posted
Basically, I listened to some dumb advice on here 3 years about how leaving Head & Shoulders on overnight will remove all the red marks after they scab off... Instead it left me with scarred white raised bumps all over my upper back and shoulders which I believe is just scar tissue. My fault for listening to stupid advice in the first place.

Wait what? Head and shoulders caused you scarring?!?! Did you get scars on your face as well?

Posted

no, you have to go to a dermatologist and check the bumps out, and if they are scars, then the dermatologist will either use cortisone injections, pressure pads, or something else to get rid of the bumps

Posted

Wait what? Head and shoulders caused you scarring?!?! Did you get scars on your face as well?

Yea.. chemical burn from leaving it on overnight....

no, you have to go to a dermatologist and check the bumps out, and if they are scars, then the dermatologist will either use cortisone injections, pressure pads, or something else to get rid of the bumps

After I finished my accutane course she said there was nothing that could be done. She's wrong though considering I've helped them a lot with dermarolling & Super Cop 2. It's just ridiculously time consuming & I don't like doing it. I swear they don't know what their talking about sometimes.

Would TCA be effective at reducing them? Breaking them down, etc

Posted (edited)

no, tca would damage the skin, then the skin will simply heal and get bigger

dermarolling raises the bumps and surrounding skin, which in effect blends the outline of the bumps with the surrounding skin

talk to her again and ask about steroid injections and pressure dressings

if the bumps are small and there's hundreds of them, then i understand why she'd say that there's nothing to be done

Edited by Brawn