Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm 17 years old and I have suffered from moderate acne since I was about 12-13. I've tried alot of things (not Accutane though), until recently I tried taking 50 mg of Zinc a day and voila! 95% of my face acne is gone, just the occasional pimple on my chin or on my cheek (like 1 or 2 a week max, it used to be 3-4 a day).

My regimen is the following:

25 mg Zinc with breakfast and 25 mg with Lunch

I wash my face with a Dead Sea soap in the morning and at night (contains Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Dead Sea Mineral Salts, Olive Oil, Moisture, Fragrance).

And I also apply Dead Sea Mud Facial Mask daily (ingredients: Dead Sea Natural Mud, Aloe Vera Extract, Honey, Olive Oil, Preservatives, Fragrance)

and I use Clindamycin Topical Gel (been using it for a year and something, improved my face a bit so I kept using it even after mostly clearing up with Zinc, just in case)

Diet:

About 4 liters of water a day

Cutting out dairy (occasionally eat cheese though)

Green tea 3 times a day

Anyway this cleared me up pretty well although there is still some reaaallyy mild acne. I still have lots of red marks and some scarring from having the acne, and a Facial Care expert (?) told me to get Avene Cleanance Anti-shine regulating lotion, as it would help alot with the redness and the oiliness of my face. So I got it.

Should I stop using the Mud mask/Clindamycin/anything ? What would you recommend I should change, and what would you recommend my regimen should be! Please help as this acne thing has been bugging me for years and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now that it's clearing up, help me with the last bit :D

Oh and I forgot to mention, body acne is still persistent with me even with taking Zinc, but I noticed tanning and being topless in the sun really helps with it so I'm just going to wait till beach-season and hope it clears up then, would you guys recommend that ?

Sorry for the long long post haha

...Oh and I forgot to mention, body acne is still persistent with me even with taking Zinc, but I noticed tanning and being topless in the sun really helps with it so I'm just going to wait till beach-season and hope it clears up then, would you guys recommend that ?...

I also suffered with chest & back acne and, like you, noticed that the only thing that helped was summer sunshine. My body acne would clear up completely during a good summer. Although it would always gradually return during late winter. :cry:

I needed something to help all year round, so in January I started using Dan's AHA+ on my body acne. It did wonders for my back, stopping any new breakouts. I just have years of PIH to deal with now. You just have to be careful with the AHA making your skin much more sensitive to sunlight.

For my chest the AHA+ didn't work, so I used BP to clear that.