Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FOC

Cortisone Injections

Hello..

i had 6 cortisone injections yesterday afternoon and i was jus wondering if it worked for anyone out there thats had them!?? I might be being a little impatient, but they just dont seem to be going down.. i have one HUGE cyst on my lower right cheek thats raised like half a centimeter off my face (nice i know).

really want these lumps to go.. so please lemmee know whats the score with your cysts after having injections. Should i go back to my derm for another injection if it doesnt go? Do the injections make them go completely anyway or do they just reduce them!??

Im slightly confused and worried, any help would be much appreciated,

cheers chickens,

Frankie smile.gif

Cortisone immensly reduces inflammation. It does not rid you of bacteria, but the inflammed cyst should go down. It takes about a 1-3 days to fully work, so by the time you check back to this post your cyst will probably be almost diminished.

I never actually got the injection (costs more), instead I took cortisone pills -- they take longer to work, but are just as efficient.

goodluck