Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello everyone! Starting accutane very soon! All the accutane babies if you have any suggestions for facial products, hair, body, lips, eyes etc...... please add a comment! I'm looking for products that are super hydrating. I want to avoid seriously dry skin at all costs. And preferably facial lotions without parabens, sls, etc. The more natural the better for my skin. *muah*

Hello everyone! Starting accutane very soon! All the accutane babies if you have any suggestions for facial products, hair, body, lips, eyes etc...... please add a comment! I'm looking for products that are super hydrating. I want to avoid seriously dry skin at all costs. And preferably facial lotions without parabens, sls, etc. The more natural the better for my skin. *muah*

Cetaphil Daily Ultra Moisturizer is really good for the skin but could be a bit oily if you use a lil too much. just use as little as needed.

Petroleum Jelly for the lips does wonders and keeps your lips moistorize for nearly half of the day.

Also use aquaphor if you're not home, it also helps relieve the dry lips.

for Dandruff, i use Head & Shoulders. which is good, but afterall you may not have a dandruff problem at all.

Drink Plenty of water especially before going to sleep, you don't want to wake up with you're mouth all dried up. i am sure you'll look amazing in a few months. i am currently on month 3, and 1week in. make sure to visit my log soon.

Best of luck, and msg me if you have any concerns :]]

p.s as i saw you wanted a natural feeling lotion i would highly recommend Aveeno Daily Moistorizing Lotion, it is much better on the skin then Cetaphil.

Edited by iXtReMe

I will def. do that ;-) I'm very excited. Can't wait to have clear skin. Hoping this will all be in my past by the holidays ;-)

I will def. do that ;-) I'm very excited. Can't wait to have clear skin. Hoping this will all be in my past by the holidays ;-)

once you get your hands on this medication, make sure you remind yourself that the first 2-4weeks aren't great, but that slowly but surely you'll have an amazing skin, and you'll live a life without worry of how you're skin looks.

Yeah I'm willing to suffer for a month. I'm over this acne. It's time. I'm 21. I need to get on with my life.. sad that I've allowed acne to run parts of my life but hey that's the reality. I wish I was stronger. But I'm ready to face this acne head on.

Yeah I'm willing to suffer for a month. I'm over this acne. It's time. I'm 21. I need to get on with my life.. sad that I've allowed acne to run parts of my life but hey that's the reality. I wish I was stronger. But I'm ready to face this acne head on.

It's time to get that lil sucker. lol Make sure you make a log, i'm sure it'll be a good reminder of this rollercoster ride. I'm making video logs, maybe you should do the same. Nothing will feel better to see your improvement as you record it.

you should wait before you buy anything too rich!! I bought a bunch of realllyyy hydrating creams and lotions and I'm towards the end of month 3 and my skin isnt dry.. its not oily, but its not dry. In fact, for the first month it was excessively oily. Everyone is different so before you spend money wait it out and buy what suits you

If you like natural stuff try lush, I love 'gorgeous' face moisturizer but its overpriced..ultralight and skin nanny are good, cheaper alternatives. But all of their stuff is pretty damn good for the most part, especially now that Im on accutane it works better for me than before

Avene moisturiser is SO soothing for the skin, I've found. A lot of others sting a little, due to the sensitive skin and whatnot but Avene really seems to work for me.

Also, Lucas PaPaw Ointment (25mg) tube is amazing. Instantly hydrates the lips and I've even started applying it around the sides of my nose, as they've become rather dry and itchy.

Good luck with the 'Tane hun!

I'm sure I'll follow your log when you start. :)

xx

Yeah I want to try to the avene moisturizers. There's just so many to choose from I don't know where to start. And I don't think waiting till your skin is severely dry to really moisturize is a good thing. From what I've heard and read it's good to start early on in the course to avoid any irritation.

hey,I use aveeno's ultra calming facial lotion w/ spf 15 i believe.... I liked it better than cetaphil, because i felt like it wasn't as greasy. Sometimes when im not going out or if my face is very dry, I'll use a few drops of jojoba oil in the lotion. That gives it a little extra punch :box: ...Then every night, I use aquaphor on my lips, eyes and tip of my nose. The aquaphor in my opinion is the key to avoiding dry skin all together. Also, as someone mentioned increase your water intake. Maybe not before bed, because that will have me running to the toilet about 3 times during the night, but just get a bottle and make it a task to drink & refill it like 3-5 times thru out the day. I got a bottle that has a built in filter, so i just go to the tap and refill after i finish it! Good Luck and I hope you get te results you deserve! I'm only about a month ahead of you so ask questions as they come!!!

Edited by mdn217

Crisco. I'm not kidding. It doesn't clog pores. It works amazingly well.

Hey I was like you before I started Accutane and rushed into getting products, but turns out I didn't really need them because some lotions might be too moisturizing at the beginning of your treatment. See how it goes at first. I had to go back to all the stores I went to and return the stuff I bought. Save yourself the hassle and take it easy at first.

For the record, I love anything by Burt's Bees. It is all natural, no parabens, sulfates, phthalates or any crap. Really good shampoo that doesn't dry out your hair, because all the other non-natural crap on the market has alcohol in it which dries out your scalp!

I am 22, it's about time we have clear skin!

Crisco works well because it contains cottonseed oil and Vitamin A. It has the same ingredients that many high-end moisturizers do. You only need to take a small amount and really rub it in your fingers and lightly pat it on after a shower all over your body. You'll get smoother elbows, heels, everything.. Read about it here on makeupalley.

Nothing too fancy actually, don't have to spend big buck on the products. Cetaphil Moisturizer is great, and you can get them from any grocery store. Get some Chapstick as your lips may get dry. The MOST MOST important is, drink lots of lots of water to keep yourself hydrate. I drink 4 liters of water as I exercise a lot too. Don't over wash your face, wash your face only as much as 2-3 times a day. Good luck!

Edited by kidtech

The best thing I found for my lips was pure petroleum jelly. Aquaphor's not bad either, but pure, simple Vaseline - there's nothing like it. Make sure to get it in the corners of the mouth, too - mine would always crack if I didn't.

Lotions didn't cut it for my face once I got to about month 3, so I started rubbing a little bit of emu oil over my face every night. Very soothing, doesn't cause breakouts, and did a better job than lotions and creams.

Joining this site I've realized I don't know anything about routines, supplements, or products lol..For five months I've been using some oil free cleanser and Neutrogena's oil free moisturizer with spf 15. Bam!

Oh and chapstick. Anything more and my brothers would have a great time :rolleyes:

Edited by VoZilla

To be honest, Lips, I would be wary of using the Crisco on your face. Since your body is more forgiving than your face, it is easier to moisturize it. I don't want you to have those tiny annoying milia bumps to pop up because your pores are clogged (from the Crisco), so keep it away from your face.