Notifications
Clear all

Initial Breakout on Erythromycin?

MemberMember
(@kelsey)

Posted : 05/07/2011 4:17 pm

I started taking erythromycin oral about three weeks ago, and at first I thought it was clearing my skin up but now my face is a HOT MESS. I am breaking out horribly and painfullly, and the pills are the only change to my regimen. I still use the same topical things, including topical erythromycin as well. (Also BenzaClin). I'm adding Yazmin birth control as soon as my next period starts, hopefully soon, but I'm nervous that all of these new things will just cause more IBs. Could the pills be causing an IB?

MemberMember
(@irelandrulz2)

Posted : 05/07/2011 5:00 pm

I don't think it should be. Erythromycin is an anti biotic, it's suppose to clear the infections. I'm on 500mg of erythromycin and prednisone for my IB for accutane, so they shouldn't be causing breakouts.

MemberMember
(@weirdo56)

Posted : 09/12/2011 2:49 am

same goes for me.. i've been on it for 5 weeks now 400mg 4x a day but still more breakouts.. maybe its suppose to do so.. according to my derm, pimples need to erupt no matter what.. soo i guess its part of the healing process

im willing to give it more time to work say around on my 3rd month and see if theres any improvement.. if not i'll ask my derm if i could get accutane.. little scared tho :/

MemberMember
(@vpm)

Posted : 09/12/2011 10:46 am

I've been on it too for about a week and a half. I have topical Erythromycin too. I think it's helping, but still some new big ones sprouting up. :(

I'm hoping this ends soon!

MemberMember
(@biggp1017)

Posted : 04/11/2014 10:10 am

Did you guys stop breaking out eventually? I'm on my 9th day and I noticed new pimples about two days ago