Jump to content
Acne.org

Recommended Posts

Posted

Yeah that’s cool, I don’t think anyone should hang shit on someone if it doesn’t happen to work for them, I certainly wouldn’t do that. I take your point about giving it a good go too - not just one or two fasts and that’s it.

I think the encouraging thing in all this is numbers of those who’ve had success - that must say something about the benefits of fasting.

I’m building my knowledge first though, be good to hear back from those who spoke to that doctor who helps with Vit A detox specifically- hopefully they can at least give us a response on the conversations they’ve had with him - how the procedure works and what he might of offered in way of diet etc 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted

Update:

Guys I found out that fats make my stomach cramp and makes me dizzy.

This fasting is really helping find out which foods are triggering me. 

My dizziness is going away very slowly and I'm able focus and see a bit more clearly. 

But I still recommend seeing a professional before doing diet changes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Gatu77777 said:

Guys I found out that fats make my stomach cramp and makes me dizzy.

Everything a person eats, what they dont eat, even exercise, can affect the microbiome. This in turn might affect much more.You see ties with what I recently mentioned on here with sulfur metabolism.

Gut Bacteria and Hydrogen Sulfide: The New Old Players in Circulatory System Homeostasis

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6273628/

Accumulating evidence suggests that gut bacteria play a role in homeostasis of the circulatory system in mammals.

First, gut bacteria may affect the nervous control of the circulatory system via the sensory fibres of the enteric nervous system. Second, gut bacteria-derived metabolites may cross the gut-blood barrier and target blood vessels, the heart and other organs involved in the regulation of the circulatory system.

 

Role of Endogenous Sulfur Dioxide in Regulating Vascular Structural Remodeling in Hypertension

https://www.hindawi.com/journals/omcl/2016/4529060/

Endogenous SO2 is produced during metabolism of sulfur-containing amino acids

 

The bowel and beyond: the enteric nervous system in neurological disorders

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5005185/

 

Edited by guitarman01

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted

Has anyone found any answers for the fatigue? B vitamins have helped but looking for other options as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted
10 hours ago, gutskinaxis said:

Has anyone found any answers for the fatigue? B vitamins have helped but looking for other options as well

Yes!!!

pls get acquainted with last few pages re fasting - good stories of successful recoveries which include overcoming fatigue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted
5 hours ago, TrueJustice said:

Yes!!!

pls get acquainted with last few pages re fasting - good stories of successful recoveries which include overcoming fatigue.

Jokes aside, Fasting, B12 injections and caffeine, maybe?  That's what I'm working on. Will update how it goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted
On 1/11/2019 at 2:29 PM, Chris16 said:

So I just completed a 4 day fast and it was hard but also very beneficial. After day 1 I started getting joint pains (healing pains) in hands and knees. Was this the accutane being moved out of fat cells? I personally don’t think so but it doesn’t really matter.  I think it was a healing reaction from my body finally having the energy (digestion takes alot of energy and causes inflammation) to heal those areas. I never eat breakfast anymore. So I usually get in a 16, 18 or 24 hour fast every day. I think short fasts are good but you also need to do some longer ones 4,5 or maybe more days. 

Accutane is well knows for damaging stem cells in your body. Stem cells are what heals your body when damage occurs from for example Accutane. There is research that just came out that fasting regenerates stem cells in the intestines. 

http://news.mit.edu/2018/fasting-boosts-stem-cells-regenerative-capacity-0503

And what you eat after the fast is very important.  Which is why I follow a AIP diet.  If you eat stuff you are reacting too it will just undo any work you just did. 

Hi Chris. I would like to ask you... Do you eat some kind of fruit or sweet thing? Do you feel angry due to a lack of carbohidrates? How do you dial with it? 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted
44 minutes ago, Francisco..Blanquez said:

Hi Chris. I would like to ask you... Do you eat some kind of fruit or sweet thing? Do you feel angry due to a lack of carbohidrates? How do you dial with it? 

Thanks

The diets pretty tough. I mainly eat broccoli, avocados, cauliflower, asparagus, Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes sometimes. I also will have meat here and there too. I eat chicken or I’ll have beef. I also sometimes have blueberries. 

1 hour ago, Calcified said:

Jokes aside, Fasting, B12 injections and caffeine, maybe?  That's what I'm working on. Will update how it goes.

Why would you do caffeine? A stimulant like caffeine won’t help you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Chris16 said:

The diets pretty tough. I mainly eat broccoli, avocados, cauliflower, asparagus, Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes sometimes. I also will have meat here and there too. I eat chicken or I’ll have beef. I also sometimes have blueberries. 

Don't you eat rice or potatos? Been, peas, lentil, cheakpeas?

Well as I got arthritis. .my fingers are good sensors to tell me what is good or bad. I think I feel cured when avoiding gluten and any kind of sugar, included fruits, honey... my brain is clear when doing so and sometimes my face shine and feel my muscles nourised. I suppose I need to increase the rice or potato consum sence sometime I feel like a dictator..bad tempered... I suppose it's because a lack of carbohidrates 

 

Edited by Francisco..Blanquez
Incomplete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Francisco..Blanquez said:

Don't you eat rice or potatos? Been, peas, lentil, cheakpeas?

 

No, I tried eating those foods years ago and I never got anywhere. If you read up on Dr. Gundry diet and lectins, it explains why not to eat those foods. They say lectins cause inflammation in gut. I’m not 100% sure if this is true but I don’t want to take any chances. 

I also can tell what foods I’m sensative to by the pain I get in my fingers after eating them. 

Edited by Chris16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted
8 hours ago, Chris16 said:

The diets pretty tough. I mainly eat broccoli, avocados, cauliflower, asparagus, Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes sometimes. I also will have meat here and there too. I eat chicken or I’ll have beef. I also sometimes have blueberries. 

Why would you do caffeine? A stimulant like caffeine won’t help you. 

Has caffeine effected you negatively? Not taking tablets just like caffeine in drinks, coffee, hot chocolate etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Calcified said:

Has caffeine effected you negatively? Not taking tablets just like caffeine in drinks, coffee, hot chocolate etc.

It has an impact on your central nervous system so I’d stay away. 

Edited by Chris16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted

Just thought i'd jump in - 

 

4-5 weeks into low vitamin A diet - although i'm still learning and having slip ups with things that state don't contain vitamin A but contain Retinoic acid not listed, such as Pork. 

 

Very slight improvments so far, skin not quite as dry, although still dry and damaged, seems to be a little less dry though, it will be a slow process for my badly damaged skin to heal. 

My sleep quality seems to have improved slightly too, im still anxious and tense but I haven't been waking up during the night anywhere near as much as my eyes don't feel anywhere near as heavy the following day. Haven't been falling asleep at the wheel the past few days either :) (bonus) ! 

Lots of white heads around my chin/corner or mouth area. I'm sure that means that some sebum production is there, just need to get the Vitamin A out of my skin so the barrier can repair and hold the moisture. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted
14 hours ago, Calcified said:

Has caffeine effected you negatively? Not taking tablets just like caffeine in drinks, coffee, hot chocolate etc.

I do drink coffee but without sugar, milk or anything, just coffee and water. I don`t drink chocolate because there is gluten on it or sugar... it is dificult to find a good brand which really make a cocholate without sugar or gluten, in the end it is a procesed food and you dont know what it contains

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted
5 hours ago, Justdry said:

Just thought i'd jump in - 

 

4-5 weeks into low vitamin A diet - although i'm still learning and having slip ups with things that state don't contain vitamin A but contain Retinoic acid not listed, such as Pork. 

 

Very slight improvments so far, skin not quite as dry, although still dry and damaged, seems to be a little less dry though, it will be a slow process for my badly damaged skin to heal. 

My sleep quality seems to have improved slightly too, im still anxious and tense but I haven't been waking up during the night anywhere near as much as my eyes don't feel anywhere near as heavy the following day. Haven't been falling asleep at the wheel the past few days either :) (bonus) ! 

Lots of white heads around my chin/corner or mouth area. I'm sure that means that some sebum production is there, just need to get the Vitamin A out of my skin so the barrier can repair and hold the moisture. 

 

That's good to hear man. 

What exactly have you been eating? 

I did steak, rice, potatoes for a week and that was a massive improvement. 

When I eat diary and sugar I get white heads. And when I don't drink enough water. 

Anyone else getting stomach aches and dizziness when eating fats? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 1/11/2019 at 10:46 AM, Calcified said:

Does your kinesiologist have tests for growth hormone deficiency? Is this the cure?

Calcified- I asked kinesiologist if they can test for human growth hormone, surprisingly they can!!! It’s in one of the test vile kits mostly used when working with pregnant women.

Today I took in some Tudca just to see what feedback my body gives to it, turns out my liver is stressed by it oddly given it’s meant to detox it. Anyway it is what it is and so I won’t be taking it for my fatty liver. Losing weight is the best thing to treat fatty liver, as it falls off waistline, it naturally comes off organs too.

Just on that, there was nothing blocked that could be detected with either liver or bile flow today, however my liver “meridian” was blocked ( anger/hurt etc not surprisingly ) We took note and will work on clearing this in coming sessions.

Dont mean to derail thread, just wanted to give a response as I was curious myself about specific hormone testing. FYI - I didn’t actually test it today but I’ll ask next week just to see what comes up with HGH.

Edited by TrueJustice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted
17 hours ago, Gatu77777 said:

That's good to hear man. 

What exactly have you been eating? 

I did steak, rice, potatoes for a week and that was a massive improvement. 

When I eat diary and sugar I get white heads. And when I don't drink enough water. 

Anyone else getting stomach aches and dizziness when eating fats? 

Beef, turkey, some chicken (doing low vit A not zero), rice, potato, oats, oat milk, bread. Stuff like that. 

Supplementing Vit C and nothing else. 

I don't get those adverse affects when eating fat. Although, maybe i've just not eaten enough! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted
10 hours ago, TrueJustice said:

Calcified- I asked kinesiologist if they can test for human growth hormone, surprisingly they can!!! It’s in one of the test vile kits mostly used when working with pregnant women.

Today I took in some Tudca just to see what feedback my body gives to it, turns out my liver is stressed by it oddly given it’s meant to detox it. Anyway it is what it is and so I won’t be taking it for my fatty liver. Losing weight is the best thing to treat fatty liver, as it falls off waistline, it naturally comes off organs too.

Just on that, there was nothing blocked that could be detected with either liver or bile flow today, however my liver “meridian” was blocked ( anger/hurt etc not surprisingly ) We took note and will work on clearing this in coming sessions.

Dont mean to derail thread, just wanted to give a response as I was curious myself about specific hormone testing. FYI - I didn’t actually test it today but I’ll ask next week just to see what comes up with HGH.

Thanks, I had test for igf1 and it came back high normal, so I shouldn't need HGH, so fasting may help me in other ways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted
3 hours ago, Justdry said:

Beef, turkey, some chicken (doing low vit A not zero), rice, potato, oats, oat milk, bread. Stuff like that. 

Supplementing Vit C and nothing else. 

I don't get those adverse affects when eating fat. Although, maybe i've just not eaten enough! 

 

OK cool man

Are your symptoms only dryness? 

No stomach or mental issues? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted
On 1/15/2019 at 2:43 AM, Francisco..Blanquez said:

I do drink coffee but without sugar, milk or anything, just coffee and water. I don`t drink chocolate because there is gluten on it or sugar... it is dificult to find a good brand which really make a cocholate without sugar or gluten, in the end it is a procesed food and you dont know what it contains

Thanks, will look into, do you think accutane affected your cortisol causing arthritis? I too have swallen knuckles that peel at times but not nail psoriasis, so doc's are sort of confused by my symptoms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 1/14/2019 at 5:44 PM, Gatu77777 said:

Anyone else getting stomach aches and dizziness when eating fats? 

I do. It's called fat malabsorbtion. This was the first side-effect that I've noticed after starting low-dose accutane. Basically, the more fat I consumed the more often I had to visit the toilet. Later on I also found out that I can't tolerate/digest certain fruits (apples for example).

I have never had these problems prior to taking Accutane.

I think this study best explains what happened to us, but unfortunately, I have no idea how to reverse the damage.

Below you can find some interesting excerpts from the study:

Quote

 

Duodenal villous atrophy has be associated with drugs such as Olmesartan [3] or mefenamic acid, [71] and mimics celiac disease with weight and fat loss. The involvement of stem cells apoptosis and mTORC1 blockade has never been reported with any drugs; except isotretinoin. The maximum reported range of incidence of Olmesartan-associated celiac-like disease is 22 cases/104 exposed patients [47]. The estimated incidence of isotretinoin-induced celiac like disease is 10 times higher.

 

 

 

Quote

 

In addition, isotretinoin normalizes [58,59] exaggerated TLR-2- mediated responses in acne patients [60,61]. Since TLR2 plays many positive physiological roles, deleterious consequences of its blockade are expected. [...] TLR2 controls indigenous bacteria proliferation in the upper alimentary tract. Lack of TLR-2 contribute to the settlement of undesirable bacteria, especially Gram-positive, or candida [69,66,70,4].

 

 

 

Quote

Isotretinoin is associated with dysbiosis, malabsorption (with visceral fat decrease) and signs of dysimmunity. Symptoms develop more than 20 years after the intake of the medication taken at usual range and duration. [...] Isotretinoin is known to impair stem cells renewal and TLR2 expression in the mucosa of the small gut. These pharmacological effects, explaining the efficacy of the medication on acne (“the metabolic syndrome of the pilosebaceous gland”) may induce the progressive atrophy of the jejunal mucosa and its long-lasting consequences. No therapy is available yet.

 

 

Edited by VanceAstro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted

Vance Astro - Do you have many of the other common issues - eye floaters, no moisture in skin, thinning hair??

Trying to figure out how these might arise due to fat malabsorption, if there’s a connection?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

retinoic acid metabolism, 

animal fat metabolism 

sugar/glucose metabolism

wheat/gluten metabolism

dairy/ milk metabolism

cholesterol metabolism

protein/ sulfur metabolism

pick one.

@VanceAstro

There's another recent study very similar to that one I posted. So similar I wonder if its the same authors or not. I'll have to see if I can find it again when I get a chance.

it goes on about hypothesizing Accutane's permanent effects and the problems that could arise. 

I believe they basically thought Accutane's long term effects could be attributed to permanent changes in immunity or outgrowing acne after treatment. Well we know its not the later. We didnt outgrow side effects.

 

pretty good paragraph from that study. 

Again, remember this.

In addition, isotretinoin normalizes [58,59] exaggerated TLR-2- mediated responses in acne patients [60,61]. Since TLR2 plays many positive physiological roles, deleterious consequences of its blockade are expected. TLR2 regulates the production of neurotrophic factors in intestinal smooth muscle cells and promotes survival of enteric neurons and glial cells [62,63]. TLR2 controls mucosal renewal. Cells kinetics of villous columnar epithelial cells are modulated by TLR2 and controls the proliferation of indigenous bacteria [64-66]. TLR2 enables local tolerance via Bacteroides fragilis. It discriminates between pathogens and symbiotic bacterial molecules in a process that engenders commensal beneficial colonization [67,68]. TLR2 controls indigenous bacteria proliferation in the upper alimentary tract. Lack of TLR-2 contribute to the settlement of undesirable bacteria, especially Gram-positive, or candida [69,66,70,4].

 

I think maybe you managed to change something that is normally very resistant to change. But found something that could do it.

 

Edited by guitarman01

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted

Could've been a coincidence, but I really didn't eat much today and was drinking green tea with just a pinch of sugar throughout the day and I felt great, for anyone suffering from fatigue at all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted
7 hours ago, VanceAstro said:

I do. It's called fat malabsorbtion. This was the first side-effect that I've noticed after starting low-dose accutane. Basically, the more fat I consumed the more often I had to visit the toilet. Later on I also found out that I can't tolerate/digest certain fruits (apples for example).

I have never had these problems prior to taking Accutane.

I think this study best explains what happened to us, but unfortunately, I have no idea how to reverse the damage.

Below you can find some interesting excerpts from the study:

 

 

Fasting regenerates stem cells and can rebuild an entirely new immune system. 

http://news.mit.edu/2018/fasting-boosts-stem-cells-regenerative-capacity-0503

https://ideapod.com/study-finds-fasting-72-hours-can-regenerate-entire-immune-system/

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a New Account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×